Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sell my oneplus one? Or my g3?

I'm trying to sell one of my phones and can't decided at all! What should I keep and what should I sell :/
    I have the lg g3 16gb gold and the 64gb black oneplus one please help! [email removed by Moderator]

Default Re: Sell my oneplus one? Or my g3?

I am going to be in a similar boat. I have had the G3 since release on AT&T here in the states, but just came upon an invite for a OnePlus One yesterday. Going to have to try the One out to see how I like it. It's going to be a tough decision, because I love the G3.
    Current Devices: Nexus 6, Moto X 2014, Note 4, Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4

Retired Devices: Nexus 5, OnePlus One, HTC One M8, Sony Xperia Z2, LG G3, Moto X, Note 3, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid Eris

Android Addict

Try out both and see which one work for you, not everyone else have both phones. I personally would keep the OnePlus because it run stock android interface instead of LG UI.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Gonna sell my One+. After using it continuously for the past couple of days, despite the slimmer feel and higher storage, i feel the LG will suit me better for daily grind. Couldn't get pass the yellow hue and insensitivity of the mic. Oh well, as least i tried it out dor myself.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    rob damiani likes this.

Can you sell the oneplus for a premium due to the limited availability?

Posted via Android Central App

I also just got an invite after pulling the trigger on a G3 6 days ago. Got a decision to make...

Global Posts
    1,217 Global Posts

Just bought a G3 yesterday and now I received an invite! I'm concerned about the low call volume, yellow screen, and difficult RMA/returns. My G3 works perfectly with my Bluetooth in my car and the sound quality with headphones is on par with my iPhone. However the G3 is loaded with bloat and my speedtests suck! Also I'll be paying $575 for the G3. What to do...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Global Posts
    539 Global Posts

Imho using any phone on the Sprint network is putting lipstick on a pig.

Posted via Android Central App, yo.

OPO PWNS G3 with Carrier bloatware and SD card.
    planoman likes this.

I had the OnePlus One. I used it for a couple days. Its a beast of a phone. The problem is the poor wifi signal/data signal.It couldn't pick up my home wifi when I was in my bedroom. Every phone I've used in the last 6 months could pick up the wifi signal.Plus my signal when out and about wasn't as consistent or strong as the other phones. I would hope that maybe an update could fix it but for now I went back to my G2

Quote Originally Posted by rob damiani View Post
    OPO PWNS G3 with Carrier bloatware and SD card.
    The OPO doesn't have an SD Card slot; the G3 does.

Global Posts
    539 Global Posts

I'm sending my G3 back. Even if I was just OK with the One's hardware, its awesome BTW, I'd keep it just for CM and the tweaks that come with it.

Thanked by 2:
    rob damiani likes this.

Right, that's what I just said, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdane07 View Post
    The OPO doesn't have an SD Card slot; the G3 does.

Quote Originally Posted by xo96 View Post
    Gonna sell my One+. After using it continuously for the past couple of days, despite the slimmer feel and higher storage, i feel the LG will suit me better for daily grind. Couldn't get pass the yellow hue and insensitivity of the mic. Oh well, as least i tried it out dor myself.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    Both of these are temp problem. If you put your phone under UV light it should help dry the yellow glue, mine is almost disappearing fully from normal use. As for the low mic, that's a software issue, its' already fixed in the CM11 nightly, but the next official release will fix it. But the G3 should be a good choice too.
    Thanked by:
    rob damiani likes this.

ROM
    MIJJzGoodnessFD02/ Rouge

Quote Originally Posted by someguy01234 View Post
    Both of these are temp problem. If you put your phone under UV light it should help dry the yellow glue, mine is almost disappearing...
    Shouldn't have to do that with a finished product. That make the OPO lose outright to me on just the one point.

Thanked by:

ROM
    MIJJzGoodnessFD02/ Rouge

Sell the OPO, your G3 is gonna have better resale value down the road. I'm loving the G3, especially on ART. It just flies! "All the carrier bloat blah blah blah." I use half the carrier apps that came with the device and took off the rest

ffejjj likes this.

One important difference between the two, that made me stick with the OnePlus, is the number of lte bands supported. I get 4g both in Europe and in the US using the One. The G3 can't do that.

wnflyer and rob damiani like this.

Global Posts
    539 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wicell View Post
    Shouldn't have to do that with a finished product. That make the OPO lose outright to me on just the one point.

This is a result of pushing devices out as fast as they can. Its true that you shouldn't have to break in a phone but this isn't so unreasonable. The G3 is a great device though, enjoy it.

Thanked by:
    Wicell 

Willing to buy your OnePlus if still available but not interested in huge markup.

I would sell the LG because price for the g3 will drop dramatically when the note 4 comes out

jschu22 likes this.

How do they compare in terms of picture quality from the camera?

Global Posts
    693 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wicell View Post

What device out there hasn't had some type of issue at release...?

At least the minor issues with the OPO is fixable and mostly acknowledged.

OnePlus One...Need I Say More...
    Current Device:
    16GB Moto G

Ive had the G3 since release and my OPO should be arriving today. I've recently gotten obsessed with the 5.5" screen size and couldn't wait for the G3 because to be released. Unfortunately, I have connectivity issues where I stop receiving data when not on wifi and I have to airplane mode it every few days, it can be pretty laggy with that processor pushing all of those pixels and I want a more vanilla Android experience. Ill chime back in later tonight with a quick comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleTraitor View Post
    Ive had the G3 since release and my OPO should be arriving today. I've recently gotten obsessed with the 5.5" screen size and couldn't wait for the G3 because to be released. Unfortunately, I have connectivity issues where I stop receiving data when not on wifi and I have to airplane mode it every few days, it can be pretty laggy with that processor pushing all of those pixels and I want a more vanilla Android experience. Ill chime back in later tonight with a quick comparison.
    I had the G3 at launch and while I liked it there were some things I just could not get past. I paid full retail of $624 for the device. I feel the QHD screen while razor sharp was dull and hampered battery life and cause heat. The bloatware and carrier IQ just added too much that I did not want to deal with. I had a friend offer me an OPO invite but I refused to get the Z2 which I loved, but Sony updates every 6 months and the glass back scared me.
    I then did get the invite and ordered the OPO. All I can say is wow. I received it one week ago today (8/20) with a build date of 8/7/14. No yellow tint and it just flies! Two updates were waiting and got 33R Thursday night. While it is not perfect, it is a great device and I really enjoy it. Glad I have the OPO instead of a G3. Best 364 I ever spent!

Posted via my OnePlus One!
    Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    I had the G3 at launch and while I liked it there were some things I just could not get past. I paid full retail of $624 for the device. I feel the QHD screen while razor sharp was dull and hampered battery life and cause heat. The bloatware and carrier IQ just added too much that I did not want to deal with. I had a friend offer me an OPO invite but I refused to get the Z2 which I loved, but Sony updates every 6 months and the glass back scared me.
    I then did get the invite and ordered the OPO. All I can say is wow. I received it one week ago today (8/20) with a build date of 8/7/14. No yellow tint and it just flies! Two updates were waiting and got 33R Thursday night. While it is not perfect, it is a great device and I really enjoy it. Glad I have the OPO instead of a G3. Best 364 I ever spent!

Posted via my OnePlus One!
    Ahh looks like mines coming tomorrow and not today. The tracking just updated. Anyway yeah, I can't wait to get mine. I just want a good, stable and solid phone. I loved the nexus 5 until I cracked the screen. Then I bricked my M8 (by brick i mean too lazy to fix it with a few command lines). And that's when I really liked the bigger screen. I thought the G3 would be perfect but I think they took a chance on the higher resolution screen and the 801 processor and, from my experience, it hasn't worked well. Maybe the G4 will bring me back because I do like the rear buttons. But for now, the OPO may be my next phone for a while.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast