OnePlus One: Now comes the decision. Keep or sell?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Are you experiencing any problems with the phone?
None at all! It's amazing having such a large screen. I thought my Nexus 5 was large until I held this but this isn't uncomfortable at all! I use two hands already anyway. I know some have said their phones bricked themselves after a bit, but I don't think that will happen. We'll see. So much negativity flowing around this poor phone/company online, lol. And I had said I would try to keep poor Google off the phone, lol. Well, I must have been nuts when I said/thought that. The only thing I may miss on this beautiful phone is the Google Now page being native to the launcher but I can just install that if I really want to.

alhadee12

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
None at all! It's amazing having such a large screen. I thought my Nexus 5 was large until I held this but this isn't uncomfortable at all! I use two hands already anyway. I know some have said their phones bricked themselves after a bit, but I don't think that will happen. We'll see. So much negativity flowing around this poor phone/company online, lol. And I had said I would try to keep poor Google off the phone, lol. Well, I must have been nuts when I said/thought that. The only thing I may miss on this beautiful phone is the Google Now page being native to the launcher but I can just install that if I really want to.
My concern is if there is a problem, what is the resolution process? I also read horror stories regarding costumer service or lack thereof.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
My concern is if there is a problem, what is the resolution process? I also read horror stories regarding costumer service or lack thereof.
Oh, I know. I'd think if you are worried a lot, wait for the new Nexus instead because the OPO customer service truly is awfully slow. I wrote to ask for a shipping number and as of now they never were able to answer the question! I did get one, from the post office, though. So they are very very very slow. If anything bad happens I'll be sad because it will probably take months to resolve. But at the same time, I knew that to start with from what I'd read online and I decided to go for it anyway. It's a matter of what level of uncertainty you are ready to take on. There's nothing wrong with not wanting to deal with that, lol!

jalabi99

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, all things considered, and as much as I hate for you to abandon Android for iOS, your best bet is to sell your OnePlus One. Hope you enjoy your iPhone 6 and maybe get a smaller Android in future :)

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Its nice to see someone using two hands...Most everyone I see using one hand has their other hand on a steering wheel(Unfortunately). I don't care if they hurt themselves I just don't want to get killed with them.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Its nice to see someone using two hands...Most everyone I see using one hand has their other hand on a steering wheel(Unfortunately). I don't care if they hurt themselves I just don't want to get killed with them.
That's certainly understandable. I use two hands with all my phones. The only one I could almost type one handed with is the tiny hydro, lol. But I wouldn't do it while driving unless I were in a high speed chase. In a movie. :D

From my OnePlus One...

kennethpm777

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I find that whenever there are people that bash Android phones on these sites, that, in many cases, they are Apple 'plants' or PR people that will say anything nonsensical to bash anything other than IOS devices (Apple). Apple has very long arms and billions of cash to infiltrate almost every site that discusses their competitors.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I find that whenever there are people that bash Android phones on these sites, that, in many cases, they are Apple 'plants' or PR people that will say anything nonsensical to bash anything other than IOS devices (Apple). Apple has very long arms and billions of cash to infiltrate almost every site that discusses their competitors.
You could be right. I believe most of the accounts of lemons though. But otherwise it's awfully hard to dislike the 1+1.

Bren S.

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I'm a petite woman with small hands and since receiving my OPO yesterday I've yet to encounter any difficulty using it with my tiny hands.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Hmm I'm a petite woman with small hands and since receiving my OPO yesterday I've yet to encounter any difficulty using it with my tiny hands.

haha, try holding a Nexus 6, that's a phone you have to worry about holding with 1 hand. coming from a Nexus 6, the opo just feels right. the nexus is a well built phone, but the massive size and the sub-par battery life was a deal breaker for me. loving my opo right now!

Posted via the Android Central App

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered and I'm very excited. Coming from a Nexus 5 that I really want to upgrade from (terrible camera, battery, speakers, radio/GPS signal). I hope OPO addresses those points!

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered and I'm very excited. Coming from a Nexus 5 that I really want to upgrade from (terrible camera, battery, speakers, radio/GPS signal). I hope OPO addresses those points!

I hope you'll like it! It's a very nice phone although gotta say I prefer not actually using smart phones as phones for long calls. Missing my old landline earpiece. :D

javierlp

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Bought a 16gb for my brother in law. Hope it gets here before christmas. Loving my 64gb OPO.

Posted via the Android Central App