Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default OnePlus One: Now comes the decision. Keep or sell?

Okay I've been using the OPO for a week now as my daily driver, and its really nice. It really is. I'm lucky in that mine doesn't have a yellow screen or volume issues. Now I'm faced with a decision.

Do I keep it or do I sell it?

Here's my situation...I have an iPhone 5S, an iPad Air, and the OPO. I truly am amazed at what OPO has done with this phone. But I'm a girl, with girl hands, girl pockets, and the OPO is BIG. Like bigger than my M8 was which I could deal with, but just barely. My sweetspot has always been a 4.5-7 inch screen. And I just don't know if I can live day to day with the size of the phone.

So here are the options I'm mulling over:

1) Suck it up and try to learn to deal with it, and the fact that I have to leave it on my desk in the back room because it simply doesn't fit in my dress pant pockets. Women's dress pants are stupid.

2) Sell it. I already know I'm buying the iPhone 6, so I would put the proceeds towards that purchase. I always end up back on iPhone, it seems, but having the iPad makes it even more convenient with the way they talk to each other. I wouldn't make a profit, I'd sell it at cost and eat the duty I paid for bringing it into Canada. I'll end up down about $80 in the end, I figure. I can live with that. Its a week old, its not been abused lol.

3) Go back to iPhone. Keep the OPO because its unlocked in case I ever go on vacation and need a phone I can use anywhere.

In the last year I've owned the Galaxy S3, iPhone 5, HTC One M7 and M8, iPhone 5S, BB Z10, BB Q5...it seems I love playing with phones but always end up back with Apple. I suppose it makes sense with the iPad...

Decisions decisions.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Default re: OnePlus One: Now comes the decision. Keep or sell?

Sell it.

They are a scam for the most part and you are one of the lucky ones to to get one. If they keep to the other "deadlines" they have set, who know when it will get an update (either a security patch or "L"). You already know you are getting the 6, so you only have a bit over a month to wait. I dislike Apple but I would take over the 1+ (and you are gonna need the money for the 6)
    Thanked by:

I LOVE my OPO - BUT - it is too big even for me to use one handed. I'm definitely keeping it because the pro's outweigh the con's by a mile+. I cannot imagine a woman using this phone, (no offense!), or someone with small hands. I'm 6'2", 200lbs with large hands.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Ugh, it would be easier if I didn't like it.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by rob damiani View Post
    I LOVE my OPO - BUT - it is too big even for me to use one handed. I'm definitely keeping it because the pro's outweigh the con's by a mile+. I cannot imagine a woman using this phone, (no offense!), or someone with small hands. I'm 6'2", 200lbs with large hands.
    No offense taken! It's like the day I had to use a note 3 as my manager phone and I couldn't stand it. Just way too big. I dropped that phone because of it being simply too big.

The OPO is more ergonomic but I can't even slip it in my pocket, and considering where I work I already have to carry two phones with me at all times (current corporate phone is a GS3) so it's irritating. I love the phone but do I love it enough to try to learn to live with the sheer size of it?
    rob damiani likes this.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,755 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Quote Originally Posted by NoNexus View Post
    Sell it.

They are a scam for the most part and you are one of the lucky ones to to get one. If they keep to the other "deadlines" they have set, who know when it will get an update (either a security patch or "L"). You already know you are getting the 6, so you only have a bit over a month to wait. I dislike Apple but I would take over the 1+ (and you are gonna need the money for the 6)
    Please explain to me how they are a scam. Next update should be released within two weeks and L who knows they said within three months but this is cm we are talking about they know how to drag their feet.
    To op if the phone is too large sell it early while you can get the full retail and probably more for it especially if your set on getting the iPhone 6.
    Loving this Oneplus one!!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Yeah I think that's the way it's gonna go.

I paid $460 CDN at the end of duties and shipping to Canada, I think if I do sell it would be for $400 including shipping. I don't mind ending up out a bit. I'll still get invites and I'll share them.

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7/scott Pilgr

Quote Originally Posted by NoNexus View Post
    Sell it.

Am I reading what I'm reading???

My question to you, sir, is what are you doing in a sub-forum for a phone you clearly dislike and have repeatedly called a "SCAM"??? I just got the phone Monday so I know why I'm here.

Or maybe you like spending your free time crusing forums for phones you don't own, like, or have interest in

For anyone who even considers listening to this guy discuss this phone, read the comments here

http://m.androidcentral.com/verizon-...to-x-successor

I promise you this Mr. nonexus, you won't find me cruising the Note 3 forums

To answer the OP, reading it, I sense you favor iOS, sell your 1+ and put it towards that is my opinion

Posted via my OnePlus One
    Thanked by 2:
    Chex313 and Haseeb Rehman like this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I definitely don't say the OPO is a scam. My dealings with them have been stellar.

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dizzle16 View Post
    Am I reading what I'm reading???

My question to you, sir, is what are you doing in a sub-forum for a phone you clearly dislike and have repeatedly called a "SCAM"??? I just got the phone Monday so I know why I'm here.

Or maybe you like spending your free time crusing forums for phones you don't own, like, or have interest in

For anyone who even considers listening to this guy discuss this phone, read the comments here

Exclusive: The Verizon Motorola XT1096 leaks | Android Central

I promise you this Mr. nonexus, you won't find me cruising the Note 3 forums

To answer the OP, reading it, I sense you favor iOS, sell your 1+ and put it towards that is my opinion

I am the helpful type. I saw the question in the unanswered questions area and answered it truthfully. Your lack of comprehension in that thread is amazing and the reason I ended the conversation.

I visit all the phone forums since I do get to play with them all. It is nice to be helpful and it is also a great place to get some tips that help my job out....
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Well in the midst of this it sold in 2 minutes to a friend of mine after I posted it on my facebook lol.

Guess the decisions made!

I definitely disagree that OPO is a scam. I absolutely disagree. They were fantastic and I had the phone within 5 days of ordering and 2 of those days were the weekend.
    Thanked by:
    Shyuan and rob damiani like this.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,755 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Wow that was quick but best of luck. Wish this phone fitted your lifestyle better but that's the thing not every phone is for everyone. Especially a phone as big as this one.
    reeneebob likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I'm bummed because it's so, so nice. But it's not much good if I spend half my time trying to find someplace to put it because it won't fit in my pocket.
    rob damiani likes this.

Yeah if you want an iPhone, selling it was the right move. No use keeping it if you're not 100% happy with it.
    reeneebob and rob damiani like this.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,755 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

I can understand that. I couldn't keep the note 2 that phone was just too wide for me. So size makes a big impact on usability. And whether or not you should keep a phone.
    reeneebob likes this.

ROM

Yeah once I read the issue with the size and your fingers I figured it just wouldn't work out. Seems like iOS is where your heart is. I can dig it

My wife is the same way, 5 foot even, 120 pounds if she's holding a brick in her hands and she has the lg g2, I showed her the g3 thinking she'd want, she took one look at it for 2 seconds at a Radio Shack and said "nope that's too big"

(I can make a joke about that last part but I won't lol)

reeneebob likes this.

I remind some people in the discussion of this forum . If you don't care for a post you do not have to respond to it its not required.Also some people need to review the guidelines to refresh their memory.

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by dizzle16 View Post
    Yeah once I read the issue with the size and your fingers I figured it just wouldn't work out. Seems like iOS is where your heart is. I can dig it

My wife is the same way, 5 foot even, 120 pounds if she's holding a brick in her hands and she has the lg g2, I showed her the g3 thinking she'd want, she took one look at it for 2 seconds at a Radio Shack and said "nope that's too big"

(I can make a joke about that last part but I won't lol)

What's funny is the M8 was borderline for me size wise. I could still use it but it was almost too big...but it fit in my pocket. The differences between the two phones are subtle but the OPO just. Doesn't. Fit.

It's a brilliant device. I would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone. It's just weird how much I love to flip flop phones but I always seem to end up back on iOS.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    What's funny is the M8 was borderline for me size wise. I could still use it but it was almost too big...but it fit in my pocket. The differences between the two phones are subtle but the OPO just. Doesn't. Fit.

It's a brilliant device. I would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone. It's just weird how much I love to flip flop phones but I always seem to end up back on iOS.
    I don't think it's weird. A year ago today I was using a galaxy s2, then the s3 in September, in January the moto g (wanted kit Kat), then in June the lg volt, now this.

I played with the m8 at T-mobile, had to see what the fuss is about, and that is a nice device. I like the dialer and clean ui. When I got this phone I was worried about pocket compatibility as well.

It does make my pinkie finger twitch after holding it for a while lol

Thanked by:

I need to show my wife this thread. She wants to take my OPO from me as she LOVES the screen size. I know she'd have a hard time handling it for long periods of time.

reeneebob, you made the right decision for you. I am not a hater of iOS, it's pretty great to use. I hope the iPhone 6 is everything it needs to be.
    OG Moto X (AT&T)/ Nexus 7 2013 WiFi
    Thanked by:
    reeneebob, mhettrich and Shyuan like this.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

What's funny is the girl who bought it is tinier than me. Lol

Just goes to show how different people like different things.

What's funny is the girl who bought it is tinier than me. Lol

Just goes to show how different people like different things.
    It might also have to do with where they keep the phone. My wife's phone is always in her purse. So for her a large phone isn't an issue.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: OnePlus One: Now comes the decision. Keep or sell?

I'm bummed because it's so, so nice. But it's not much good if I spend half my time trying to find someplace to put it because it won't fit in my pocket.
    It's strange that smartphones are getting bigger these days, but pockets aren't keeping up with the trends. I would think that clothing manufacturers could profit by making a fashion line with extra large pockets just to hold our everyday electronic devices.
    Thanked by:
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by Farish View Post
    It might also have to do with where they keep the phone. My wife's phone is always in her purse. So for her a large phone isn't an issue.
    I have a huge coach purse but I spend 11 hours a day at work and so it's in my pocket. If I only had to carry one phone I suppose I'd learn to live with it but I have to carry 2.

4.7 has always been my screen sweet spot.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7217 View Post
    It's strange that smartphones are getting bigger these days, but pockets aren't keeping up with the trends. I would think that clothing manufacturers could profit by making a fashion line with extra large pockets just to hold our everyday electronic devices.
    Women's clothes often aren't practical, and they don't have real pockets. I've come to terms with this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast