The honeymoon is over.

skafri

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
My OPO reboots every time I try to Skype with my husband and every time I listen to my downloaded playlists on Google Play Music. I'm so disappointed. My Galaxy Note 2 has no issues with either of these apps and considering Play Music is pre-downloaded, I expect it to work. I've filled out the return form, going to keep the N2 for a bit longer I guess. I've heard that I'll have to return it to China, is that true? Can anyone here tell me what the return process is like?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried booting into Recovery and wiping the cache partition? Follow the directions in this article, but instead of proceeding to the Wipe Data/Factory Reset option after the cache wipe, just select Reboot System Now. How to factory reset OnePlus One

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Wow your going to return it for something so minor. As the other person stated clear cache or uninstall the apps and re-install the apps. I use both of those features religiously I mean on a daily bases Skype with my wife and play music for about 4 hours daily while at work.

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I agree with the others skafri, I don't Skype but I am a hardcore user of Google Play Music and I have no issues with it. If wiping the cache and re-installing the apps fails to fix those issues, do a factory restore. If that fails, your phone has issues and I'd be at a loss to explain it. Good luck!

skafri

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I did uninstall and reinstall. I will try wiping the cache partition, but honestly, should I have to do that for a brand new phone? I expect apps to work, especially when they're such common apps. It's really more of an icing on the cake situation, because I also have the warmer coloring at the bottom of the screen, and I'm not super happy with the earpiece volume. But I can deal with those things if I can use Skype.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I've heard that I'll have to return it to China, is that true?

The general consensus these days in the OnePlus Forums seems to be that you ship to your local warehouse not China. I'm not exactly sure what "local warehouse" means but I'm assuming in the US it's where USPS originally picked up your phone when they shipped to you, like somewhere in California. I haven't actually seen anything officially announced or posted by the Company except in an interview C.Pei gave to GSM Arena he states in it that you ship back to your local warehouse: Why OnePlus is not making any profit off the One: an interview with Carl Pei, Director for OnePlus Global - GSMArena Blog
I have yet to see anybody positing in the OPO Forums how their return and refund went so, if possible, please do let us know how the returns process goes for you. Good luck.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Wait to receive the update as it might solve most if not all your issues. Screen and call volume have been addressed from what I've been reading. I'm running the Mahdi rom so I don't have the update

Posted via the Android Central App

skafri

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Waiting. I hope to receive the update soon, as I have rebooted ***14*** times today. Chrome and Facebook messenger also crash it, it turns out. 😣

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Try google hangouts video chat. It is very good and might not crash your phone until you get this worked out.

Also, did you do a factory reset yet? Of clearing catch and factory reset don't work I would say you got a lemon.

Posted via Android Central App

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Or if you don't want to wait just download the update from android police and flash it in recovery. Like I did took less then 15 mins and I was done. Sure beats waiting around for the ota

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
It's very easy to manually update it, just download the OTA zip file from here. Put it somewhere in the phone. Turn off the phone. Hold Power + Volume Down for a few seconds, it will boot into stock recovery menu with blue fonts. Navigate using volume buttons, select "apply update" and press Power. Select "choose from internal storage", then find and select the OTA zip file and flash it.

It's a good idea to factory reset the device after that to clear out whatever bugs you have. The factory reset option on CyanogenMod do not wipe out your internal storage data like other phones. So you won't lose your files, just your apps and its data.

skafri

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Well, I updated it yesterday and today it rebooted 5 times while on Skype. I'm beyond frustrated and I haven't heard back from Oneplus about my RMA request. This is beyond frustrating. :(

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Well, I updated it yesterday and today it rebooted 5 times while on Skype. I'm beyond frustrated and I haven't heard back from Oneplus about my RMA request. This is beyond frustrating. :(
Is your issue with Skype on OPO common? I've never used Skype on any platform so I'm unable to help troubleshoot the issue. I'd like to test my phone but no one I know uses Skype.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I wish I could help also but don't use Skype either. I have the app downloaded but have never use it. It sounds like a CM 11s issue to me. I get a settings force close every once in awhile but not a reboot.

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I just want to repeat my earlier suggestions to try the video chat through Google Hangouts app. It's probably better than Skype anyways. I have personally used it on an S3, S5, and Nexus 7_13 but not on a OnePlus One. I think you can also use it with Apple products as it is Google's answer to Facetime.