Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New OPO OTA out today ( build XNPH30O)

The much anticipated official XNPH30O ROM for the OPO was released today. I manually downloaded and installed it using the stock CM recovery and my phone is running great. The color calibration is much improved, but the increased brightness of the hardware nav buttons is hard to distinguish. My phone didn't exhibit any of the numerous faults that have been discussed here and elsewhere so I can't comment on those items.

Get ready to update, the OTA should hit your phone this week if you'd rather not manually update like I did.
    Sandstone Black OPO (AT&T)
    Thanked by:
    skafri 
    rob damiani likes this.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: New OPO OTA out today ( build XNPH30O)

From the official announcement:

What's new:
    Upgraded to Android 4.4.4
    Updated to new versions of Google apps
    Added Clear Image
    Added new (colder) calibration for the screen
    Proximity sensor prevents activation of off-screen gestures while in your pocket
    Capacitive touch keys supported in the recovery mode
    Increased capacitive button illumination
    Improved overall stability
    Fixed issues with vibration being disabled during Quiet Hours
    Fixed lockscreen not updating the track information during music playback
    Fixed microphone volume for all formats in the Voice Recorder app
    Fixed “OK, Google” not triggering voice search in Google Now
    Fixed Viber calls not working
    Fixed battery percent not updating in custom lock screens
    Fixed PicasaSync
    Fixed Camera “O” gesture activating lockscreen instead of triggering camera
    Fixed wallpapers not applying in full screen, taking the wrong size when cropping, etc

From Android Police:

Update: In addition to the above, we've noticed the following changes:
    Speaker volume while on a call is higher - this is a very welcome change, as the speaker used to be practically unusable unless you're in a totally silent room.
    Mic sensitivity when using voice commands is much improved - the One can finally hear what you're saying at an arm's length or more rather than just about an inch or two. If you use Google's Search app and interact with it using voice, the differences you will see are going to be night and day.
    The mobile data symbol in the notification area now shows LTE instead of 4G when using an LTE network.
    As part of Android 4.4.3/4.4.4, you will see a revamped dialer.
    The model number is now being reported as A0001 for some reason.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,731 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Already flashed it lets hope it kills some of those pesky bugs. But so far so good
    Loving this Oneplus one!!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by thebizz View Post
    Already flashed it lets hope it kills some of those pesky bugs. But so far so good
    Are your hardware nav buttons brighter now or the same as before?
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,731 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Yes they are when I tested them I could actually see then. But I run onscreen buttons so that's never been an issue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by megatomic View Post
    The much anticipated official XNPH30O ROM for the OPO was released today. I manually downloaded and installed it using the stock CM recovery and my phone is running great. The color calibration is much improved, but the increased brightness of the hardware nav buttons is hard to distinguish. My phone didn't exhibit any of the numerous faults that have been discussed here and elsewhere so I can't comment on those items.

Get ready to update, the OTA should hit your phone this week if you'd rather not manually update like I did.
    How do you manually download the rom?

Posted via the Android Central App
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,731 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Found a link to it on androidpolice that I just downloaded. Rebooted into recovery then installed the update. What was funny is that a few minutes ago I just got another update that only fixed audio quality.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by thebizz View Post
    Found a link to it on androidpolice that I just downloaded. Rebooted into recovery then installed the update. What was funny is that a few minutes ago I just got another update that only fixed audio quality.
    I got that incremental OTA last night, I didn't notice any obvious changes caused by it. But overall the OPO is running silky smooth and looks gorgeous while doing so.

Got my update yesterday. Speaker phone volume issue is fixed! However the circle camera gesture still puts me in the lock screen.

tapatalk

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7/scott Pilgr

I'm noticing the speaker reverts back to old volume levels at random. Then goes back to the update level.

Posted via my OnePlus One

Just did a reboot and the circle gesture is now working properly. It is no longer putting me into the lock screen.

I will keep an ear out for the speaker volume bug too.

tapatalk

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megatomic View Post
    Are your hardware nav buttons brighter now or the same as before?
    Mine are the same, no brighter than before the update. Don't know why they said it was included it in the update. No difference at all.

Posted via the Android Central App

ROM

I will say my buttons look a little brighter.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts

When I did the update (manually) my notifications had some serious distortion to them. After a reboot everything was fine.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

this battey drain is trash. i'm about to try to flash it back to 4.4.2
    Thanked by:

Not saying it will fix everything but a reboot is definitely recommended after the update is done. It cleared some bugs up for me.

tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Regarding battery life: I have no way of proving it to you all, but my informal testing (25R vs. 30O) I had similar battery life. My test method was similar but not lab quality: off the charger at 6am and back on at ~ 11pm. Usage pattern - hammer the phone all day long. Not egregious screen on time (say 5 to 6 hours) but I USED the phone. SMS. FB Messenger. FB. Twitter. GMail. Exchange email. Podcast Republic. Youtube (some). Just regular day to day use, not trying to prolong the battery unnaturally. Both scenarios had ~20% or so left at the end of the day, I'm satisfied.

Global Posts
    1,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

I can't change my lockscreen wallpaper after this update.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by qnet View Post
    I can't change my lockscreen wallpaper after this update.
    My lock screen wallpaper is the same as my home wallpaper. I have custom lock screen enabled though. Try that. Of you use the cm lock screen the wallpaper is all blurry

Global Posts
    1,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Quote Originally Posted by dizzle16 View Post
    My lock screen wallpaper is the same as my home wallpaper. I have custom lock screen enabled though. Try that. Of you use the cm lock screen the wallpaper is all blurry

Thanks. Yeah , I know about that. The way it worked before is, you could uncheck "customize lockscreen" in settings and have a different wallpaper than your homescreen, with custom sliders. Now the only way to have a custom lockscreen is to have it selected in settings, but you will have the half blue screen and blurred image on the other half of you wallpaper. (like you mentioned)

This is one of the first updates I've applied in awhile that I actually don't like. My battery is draining faster and the screen colors are not as nice as they were before.

If's crazy, with all the complaining from people, they are trying to fix the issues, which is great. It's just that for people like me who liked the phone the way it was, the update is messing up things I liked now. I guess this is my excuse to finally root it LOL!

ROM

Yeah. I'd say root it. In still holding off. Probably will root in about a month though I might wait for android l.

Also I want to look into the restore to stock ease as well. As far as how easy that is
    Posted via my OPO

Global Posts
    1,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Yeah, I wouldn't mind waiting for Android L. I still like the phone, I just wish I'd waited on updating it. It was really nice before that, maybe one of the best phones I've ever had.

Just got prompted for the update, but having read some of these posts I'm reluctant to pull the trigger now. My phone is working great so maybe it's a bird in the hand until L is released.

1+1/N5
    1+1/Nexus 5
    Thanked by:

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by soma4society View Post
    Just got prompted for the update, but having read some of these posts I'm reluctant to pull the trigger now. My phone is working great so maybe it's a bird in the hand until L is released.

1+1/N5
    I love my phone after the update. I'm only one user and opinion but to me it is a better phone. They fixed a lot of bugs. You get the Google 4.4.4 improvements plus additions specific to this device like the capacitative button fix, the gesture fix and the camera and speaker improvements. My only issue is speaker inconsistency. I know for a fact my device is loud at moments and reverts back to the volume before the update at times. I'm not worried about it because I'm finally able to call my wife and other people and hear them now lol. My issue seems to affect the bottom speakers, music is great, videos and calls on speakerphone are great, but the noises you get when you unlock the phone, when you hit the app drawer (that little noise the phone makes that sounds like a knock on wood). It changes it's volume on my device. But that's the only issue I have from the update. I say go for it

Thanked by:

ROM

I couldn't resist, I made a video. So tell me if you guys can hear the difference

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast