Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Setting up a new 1+1

Have a 1+1 on the way and I see that some updates have already been sent out. When setting up a new 1+1 do these updates all hit immediately one after the other? Would it be best to just do updates before setting up the phone as It takes me a while to set up a device. I usually allow all the updates to hit before starting the process of setting up if they all hit one after the other.

Thoughts?
    Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2

Global Posts
    4,593 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Default Re: Setting up a new 1+1

Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    Have a 1+1 on the way and I see that some updates have already been sent out. When setting up a new 1+1 do these updates all hit immediately one after the other? Would it be best to just do updates before setting up the phone as It takes me a while to set up a device. I usually allow all the updates to hit before starting the process of setting up if they all hit one after the other.

Thoughts?
    If you set up the phone, the updates shouldn't override it unless it is to a newer version of Android. If that is the case, I would update before setting up the phone.

Also, 1+1=2.

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7/scott Pilgr

You will likely have the prompts or the updates will be preinstalled. When I got mines almost 2 weeks ago I got prompted to do an update during initial setup. Soon as I connected to my Wi-Fi network during setup it prompted me to do an update. I would also recommend updating first though it shouldn't effect your individual setup

Posted via my OnePlus One
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    If you set up the phone, the updates shouldn't override it unless it is to a newer version of Android. If that is the case, I would update before setting up the phone.

Also, 1+1=2.
    Yes, I was referring to being interrupted while setting up the phone. Just did not know if the updates take a while to hit the device. Thanks.
    Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by dizzle16 View Post
    You will likely have the prompts or the updates will be preinstalled. When I got mines almost 2 weeks ago I got prompted to do an update during initial setup. Soon as I connected to my Wi-Fi network during setup it prompted me to do an update. I would also recommend updating first though it shouldn't effect your individual setup

Posted via my OnePlus One
    Good to know. I will just wait and installed any and all updates before proceeding to set up. Just did not want to wait optimize all my apps a few times after installing them lol!