Number 1 reason for the OnePlus One

Asmello44

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
What's the number one reason why this phone rocks(besides price)? And if so give an explanation

Posted via Android Central App

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Customizability! This phone really is so easily customized with themes that change the look, icons, sounds etc. You can download themes to do this. It has on screen buttons or you can switch them off for more screen and use built in capacitive buttons. Also no bloatware and unwanted apps from carriers and the updates do not have to go through the carrier. Cyanogen is really cranking on the updates. You can load them via OTA or download and flash to update. It is more customizable and easier to update than a Nexus device.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Also no bloatware and unwanted apps from carriers and the updates do not have to go through the carrier.

This x100.

I just love how uncongested and snappy the device is, and the battery life just ROCKS. There's really nothing special or particularly flashy the phone does, but everything you really need it to do just works really, really well.

Did I mention the battery life? :)

1+1/N5

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Number one reason=specs. Normally a company will skimp in some areas to make a phone a certain price. Slow processor, bad camera and screen resolution are the most popular. But with this company you just gotta deal with the invite BS. Get past that, get ahold of one, and you won't be disappointed. Same or better processor as in a HTC M8, galaxy s5 or LG G3. No one right now can compare to the g3s pixels but look it up and you'll see it's very close to the pixels per inch of the m8 and g5. No lasers or anything but the camera is in the neighborhood as well. Storage, all 3 competing flagship's have expandable storage but I haven't met a person yet who needs, NEEDS, more than 64 gigs.

I could name a few more but lastly I'll say carrier unlocked. As you saw today we don't wait for a carrier to approve, modify and bloat up our updates. We get them straight from Cyanogen and in a pretty timely fashion. I would honestly bet that our phone will have android L before any non nexus or Google branded device. Again because we don't have to deal with carrier interference and the company that makes our software has been making their own version of Googles updates since 2009.

Posted via my OnePlus One

kinghu

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Quite simply, if not for the price, I wouldn't have bought one.

Not even CM11S is compelling enough a reason. I'm not the greatest CM fan and given the slow updates and missed fixes on 11S I'd take a nightly instead.

sgarrand

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I would say my number one reason was price. $350 for a 64 GB flagship phone is very good. 1a would be CynaogenMod. I put CM on all my phones anyway. CM doesn't always work perfect on every phone and there is a certain amount of risk involved when flashing ROMs. I'm faced with the possibility of no ROM flashing on my new OPO (when it arrives). I will root it though. :)

Scott

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
My number one reason was price given the specs included. I wouldn't buy a phone for $350 USD with lesser specs so I won't say it's price alone. But $350 USD for the OPO 64GB?? That's an insane level of performance/dollar.

Asmello44

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Quite simply, if not for the price, I wouldn't have bought one.

Not even CM11S is compelling enough a reason. I'm not the greatest CM fan and given the slow updates and missed fixes on 11S I'd take a nightly instead.

Would you recommend it still or just wait for the new nexus

kinghu

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm in China so the OPO is easily available, cheaper than importing a Nexus, and Google doesn't work so well over here so the OPO has a stronger case.

If I was elsewhere, I'd wait. Not only to see the N6 but also the Note 4, and Moto X+1.

Actually, if I was about to buy one here, I'd also probably wait now as the Xiaomi Mi 4 and Meizu MX 4 are all similar if not better in certain areas whilst being similarly priced.

I think OPO had the market captivated May-September but they didn't meet demand and made bad PR mistakes. Now, they're being equalled and better so it's not such an obvious choice.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Would you recommend it still or just wait for the new nexus

I don't think you'd go wrong either way. There's just no info at all on the n6 yet. It's a myth at this point. I think by this time last year there was already that shot Google leaked with the employee holding the nexus 5. There's nothing on the 6. But if it comes I think it'll have comparable specs to the One

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
The x+1 won't have better specs then the OnePlus One. A Brazilian company leaked the specs. The one will have more memory, RAM, battery and storage. Same screen resolution. It'll be a moto x with a better battery, bigger/sharper screen and a better camera, same 13mp camera on the one. The note 4 will be nice spec wise though. My 2 cents: the note 4 could turn into Megatron for all I care, I would never choose Touchwiz over a smooth stock android experience

Asmello44

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
The x+1 won't have better specs then the OnePlus One. A Brazilian company leaked the specs. The one will have more memory, RAM, battery and storage. Same screen resolution. It'll be a moto x with a better battery, bigger/sharper screen and a better camera, same 13mp camera on the one. The note 4 will be nice spec wise though. My 2 cents: the note 4 could turn into Megatron for all I care, I would never choose Touchwiz over a smooth stock android experience

The most important things to me are the updates and how quickly the come, the overall experience(I need stock android or close to it because I am tired of all these skins), and I want something that will hold my interest over time...

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Exactly, EXACTLY how I felt when I got this phone. It was this or nexus 5. I just couldn't get the nexus 5 when the specs don't compare. The storage alone, $350 for a 16gb nexus 5 and 64gb on the OnePlus one for the same $. For years I've rooted and rom'd to get updates before buying a new phone. Always impatient. I couldn't wait for the rumored nexus 6. But next to Google, I trust Cyanogenmod to get a stable android L build to the OnePlus One quicker than other manufacturers. They've been doing this for years and we have no carrier interference to slow up the OTA rollout when the time comes

Posted via...The One

Edit: I was wrong, it was almost a year ago they leaked the nexus 5

http://bgr.com/2013/09/04/nexus-5-photo-google-leak/

kinghu

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
The most important things to me are the updates and how quickly the come, the overall experience(I need stock android or close to it because I am tired of all these skins), and I want something that will hold my interest over time...

Then wait for the Nexus.

As shown in the last CM11S OPO mess on 30O and 33 - they didn't fix the battery issue totally and the update was delayed as Google have to approve updates given Gapps are bundled.

Asmello44

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Then wait for the Nexus.

As shown in the last CM11S OPO mess on 30O and 33 - they didn't fix the battery issue totally and the update was delayed as Google have to approve updates given Gapps are bundled.

Those nexus X leaks looks really expensive idk if I want to spend 500 like the leaks say

Asmello44

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Exactly, EXACTLY how I felt when I got this phone. It was this or nexus 5. I just couldn't get the nexus 5 when the specs don't compare. The storage alone, $350 for a 16gb nexus 5 and 64gb on the OnePlus one for the same $. For years I've rooted and rom'd to get updates before buying a new phone. Always impatient. I couldn't wait for the rumored nexus 6. But next to Google, I trust Cyanogenmod to get a stable android L build to the OnePlus One quicker than other manufacturers. They've been doing this for years and we have no carrier interference to slow up the OTA rollout when the time comes

Posted via...The One

Edit: I was wrong, it was almost a year ago they leaked the nexus 5

Nexus 5 Photo: Google leaks Nexus 5 photo itself | BGR

Luckily I haven't gotten an invite yet so i haven't been put under the gun although the new nexus leaks have me seriously thinking although expensive

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Aside from the official Cyanogen support, I was close to selling it but the recent updates has made the phone very stable.

The number one reason for me is the camera. It's one of the best phone camera I've used so far.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
There are a lot of reasons for me, some of which have already been mentioned. The big one for me is getting a 64GB carrier-free phone for this price. CyanogenMod is nice but, I've always been a little more of a AOKP fan. Unfortunately AOKP is not doing much with the OPO.

Asmello44

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Aside from the official Cyanogen support, I was close to selling it but the recent updates has made the phone very stable.

The number one reason for me is the camera. It's one of the best phone camera I've used so far.

Was it that unstable and how stable is it now

Posted via Android Central App