Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By booboolala2000
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Just was on the OPO thread at G+ and this was the reason they gave for not having customer service hotline. Incredible. They are closing in on 200,000 units at least. Lol.

+Alexander Fu*You have to understand there is a reason why we don't have a customer support hotline at this stage - we are a 9 months old startup and we don't yet have the resources to have a call center. However, we have a customer support team who is doing their best to solve all support tickets in a timely manner. Please submit a ticket at*Support - OnePlus.net or search for an answer in our community https://forums.oneplus.net. Battery drainage is caused by the latest OTA, which can be fixed by updating to XNPH33R version of CM11:*https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/c...date.94409/

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Customer service

Quote Originally Posted by booboolala2000 View Post
    Just was on the OPO thread at G+ and this was the reason they gave for not having customer service hotline. Incredible. They are closing in on 200,000 units at least. Lol.

+Alexander Fu*You have to understand there is a reason why we don't have a customer support hotline at this stage - we are a 9 months old startup and we don't yet have the resources to have a call center. However, we have a customer support team who is doing their best to solve all support tickets in a timely manner. Please submit a ticket at*Support - OnePlus.net or search for an answer in our community https://forums.oneplus.net. Battery drainage is caused by the latest OTA, which can be fixed by updating to XNPH33R version of CM11:*https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/c...date.94409/

Are there many issues you are dealing with? It appears the lack of customer service is tainting your view of the phone. Do you recommend it?

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7/scott Pilgr

They're customer service does kind of suck. Took them 7 days to respond to my issue about my inconsistent speaker and they told me to root and apply a mod... FOR A STOCK PROBLEM. Then I explain I'm not rooted and "why would you have me root to fix a stock problem on the stock ROM, he then said Cyanogenmod is a custom ROM (as if I didn't already freaking know that) and recommended o factory reset, which I'm not doing because I don't see how the hell that will fix a speaker issue. Anyone think that'll fix the speaker issue shown here

If you guys do I'll try it

Posted via...The One

Quote Originally Posted by dizzle16 View Post
    They're customer service does kind of suck. Took them 7 days to respond to my issue about my inconsistent speaker and they told me to root and apply a mod... FOR A STOCK PROBLEM. Then I explain I'm not rooted and "why would you have me root to fix a stock problem on the stock ROM, he then said Cyanogenmod is a custom ROM (as if I didn't already freaking know that) and recommended o factory reset, which I'm not doing because I don't see how the hell that will fix a speaker issue. Anyone think that'll fix the speaker issue shown here

If you guys do I'll try it

Posted via...The One
    I'm not sure if I want the One if resolving issues will be that difficult.

Posted via the Android Central App

ROM

IMO it depends, while I'm not satisfied with the response I'm satisfied with the phone itself. I bought this phone, despite it being from a small company, because of the specs and the fact that unless my device doesn't work, I don't need the company. I don't need their support. The only problem I have with this phone is the touch sound inconsistency, but I'm getting nearer to rooting it anyway. But everyone doesn't think that way, and when you pay your $, you deserve to get what you want out of it

Posted via...The One

Quote Originally Posted by dizzle16 View Post
    IMO it depends, while I'm not satisfied with the response I'm satisfied with the phone itself. I bought this phone, despite it being from a small company, because of the specs and the fact that unless my device doesn't work, I don't need the company. I don't need their support. The only problem I have with this phone is the touch sound inconsistency, but I'm getting nearer to rooting it anyway. But everyone doesn't think that way, and when you pay your $, you deserve to get what you want out of it

Posted via...The One
    I agree, I need a company to support their product especially when I pay my money. I'm not into rooting because I had a bad experience before.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by alhadee12 View Post
    I agree, I need a company to support their product especially when I pay my money. I'm not into rooting because I had a bad experience before.
    I can dig it. You worked for the $, in one way or another, you have a right to spend it on a product that meets your needs

Posted via...The One
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

My ordinal post came out before I got my invite. So was riding the invite anger wave. Lol. That said, hoping u have no problems the can't be solved by email.

I already knew from everyone's posts that their CS sucks - and found out it really does - no shipping email until today!?! But I don't care - this is an adventure with an entirely new product and company and I'm really happy about that.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

It is nice to see a company go against the grain and not waste money on advertising. Isn't that what the internet is there for? I would definitely how long my pioneering spirit will last, and if I will want the next Nexus or X? Hoping it is so good that I won't. Tuesday is the day.

mrsmumbles likes this.