Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dizzle16
  • 1 Post By planoman
  • 1 Post By booboolala2000
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC one M8 vs OPO

Hi,
    I got an invite for the one plus one recently, but I am not sure if it is worth switching from my current HTC one M8 to the one plus one.

Any help is appreciated?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: HTC one M8 vs OPO

Did you get the invite yesterday? They are only good for 24 hours, so maybe that makes the decision for you already. The 1+1 is probably even bigger than the M8 and runs Cyanogenmod, which you probably already know. What specific questions do you have?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I just ordered the OPO.

However, I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it. I might sell it.

My HTC has a very good display, it's also very snappy, does not lag or freeze at all. The form factor and size are good as well.

These were somethings that I was concerned with about the OPO, does the phone lag or freeze? How's the display?

Carrier
    Cyanogenmod 7/scott Pilgr

Quote Originally Posted by Hashu Rahim View Post
    I just ordered the OPO.

My HTC has a very good display, it's also very snappy, does not lag or freeze at all. The form factor and size are good as well.

These were somethings that I was concerned with about the OPO, does the phone lag or freeze? How's the display?

3GB of RAM!!! No it doesn't freeze or lag, in fact I bet it's faster than the one M8. As to the display, it's great, check out some reviews on YouTube to see it, also they're LOTS OF COMPARISON videos/articles between the one m8 and One+, Google it

Posted via...The One
    mrsmumbles likes this.

Global Posts
    497 Global Posts

I just ordered the OPO.

I gave my g3 to my fiance and using the opo right now. Opo is close tot stock so its sure speedy as hell!

Posted via my 1+ or the G3.

I've gone from the M8 to the G3, and as of yesterday the OPO. The OPO is , by far, the fastest out of the 3. The M8 is no slouch though and any lag is barely noticeable. The only reason to go with the M8, is for the speakers or if you have an upgrade and can get it cheap.

The G3 is awesome, but definitely lags. I love the form factor the best out of the 3 though. The qHD screen is not worth it in my personal opinion. There's no noticeable difference in my eye. The text actually looks sharper on the OPO. I also had data connectivity issues with my g3 when away from wifi. If LG learns from this, the G4 should be the best Android flagship out in the next round. But for right now, in my opinion, the OPO is the, hands down, best Android smartphone on the market with a 5"+ screen size. My only issue is that it's not compatible with towelroot. I don't want to run a bunch of command lines just to root (aka I'm too damn lazy to plug it in and run the couple of lines it takes). I'll probably have this phone for a while (for me, that's about 6 months).

Posted via the Android Central App

The OPO is the fastest, smoothest device I have used. It still has some bugs, but is smooth!

I had the G3 at launch but I am just getting more intolerant of the crap that carriers do. Bloatware loaded up, carrier IQ , taking out Qi wireless charging for PMA charging.

Getting to the point where I only want unlocked devices.

Posted via my OnePlus One!
    eallan likes this.

Global Posts
    497 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    The OPO is the fastest, smoothest device I have used. It still has some bugs, but I is smooth!

I had the G3 at launch but I am just getting more intolerant of the crap that carriers do. Bloatware loaded up, carrier IQ , taking out Qi wireless charging for PMA charging.

Getting to the point where I only want unlocked devices.

Posted via my OnePlus One!
    About the carriers that depends where you live. Since only american carriers do those retarted things. My g3 does have qi tho and i got it unlocked from tmobile netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    Did you get the invite yesterday? They are only good for 24 hours, so maybe that makes the decision for you already. The 1+1 is probably even bigger than the M8 and runs Cyanogenmod, which you probably already know. What specific questions do you have?
    Mine was good for three days. Ordered it. Should be here Tuesday.

mrsmumbles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by makie View Post
    About the carriers that depends where you live. Since only american carriers do those retarted things. My g3 does have qi tho and i got it unlocked from tmobile netherlands

True. But the screen makes the G3 slower regardless of model. Probably needed a 805 for the QHD screen. It was dim to me. Much dimmer than my Nexus 5. The brightness setting on my OPO and Nexus 5 are about the same. QHD is probably overkill. Text on my OPO looks better without that sharpening on the G3.

Global Posts
    497 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    True. But the screen makes the G3 slower regardless of model. Probably needed a 805 for the QHD screen. It was dim to me. Much dimmer than my Nexus 5. The brightness setting on my OPO and Nexus 5 are about the same. QHD is probably overkill. Text on my OPO looks better without that sharpening on the G3.
    Im not sure.. I truely liked the screen of my g3. Gave it to my fiance so i still have the chanse tot play with it.

On the other side. I did het 6+h screen on most of times on my g3.

My opo has 5.5h sot at the moment but still have plenty of juice for soms hours!
    The battery of the opo srsly Rocks!

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Guys..

I live in Canada and just realized that I have to pay an additional amount for the custom fees, which is most likely going to cost me $57.. Making my total 480 for the OPO, my order is still processing and I'm considering cancelling it because this is crazyyy

Wow. I think mine was $363 (in the US).

Global Posts
    497 Global Posts

Guys..

I live in Canada and just realized that I have to pay an additional amount for the custom fees, which is most likely going to cost me $57.. Making my total 480 for the OPO, my order is still processing and I'm considering cancelling it because this is crazyyy

You want pay fees sice they have warehouses aroud the world so people dont have to pay extra taxes. So its probably already calculated in the opo price.

Guys..

This is not new info. Canadians pay more because of the additional fees imposed by your country. Good luck getting hold of someone to cancel your order. All you can probably do at this point is refuse shipment.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Actually, yes although the duty fees problem was known it was never explicitly stated by OPO.

But anyways, my phone came in today and I refused to accept the item, so it will be sent back and I'll get my refund.

Don't get me wrong, the OPO is worth it for the advertised price of 350 but when I have to pay 480 for it, I'd rather wait till the nexus X comes out.