On my OnePlus-One: why is my Gallery eating my battery?

VMdoug

May 13, 2010
Visit site
OnePlus-One: Gallery eating my battery...

Not sure why. It's using more than my screen...

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 6163.jpg
    6163.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 32

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Gallery eating my battery...

Are all of your photos in Internal Storage, or on an external SD card? If there's a corrupt file somewhere, the Media Scanner might be hanging up on it, which uses battery. It usually shows up as Media Scanner in the Battery screen, but I wonder if it might have been folded into the Gallery app.

If your photos are on the external SD card, try unmounting and removing the SD card, and see if the battery drain persists.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

It's a OnePlus, there is no SDcard.

I suggest clearing the cache and data for the Gallery app and Media Scanner, then reboot. If that don't fix it, try disabling it and use a third party Gallery app.

VMdoug

May 13, 2010
Visit site

I think it be because I was syncing. I disabled Picasa sync and I'll see if it improves over the next few days. Thanks all

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

I think it be because I was syncing. I disabled Picasa sync and I'll see if it improves over the next few days. Thanks all

Try looking for a setting to sync only when the phone is charging.

VMdoug

May 13, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the tip Javier. The sync wasn't really that important. I'm doing much better today, and yes, this is my work phone too :)

Attachments

• 6292.jpg
    6292.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 20

HTMLSpinnr

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site

+1 on the syncing. Once I removed the additional accounts (especially G+ where I have 80k photos), Gallery was much more responsive and used far less data.

Since I have Google+ and Google Camera installed, I can rely on those apps to show me my online photos. Gallery is fine for local photos otherwise, but it doesn't stand up to Google's gallery when it comes to built-in editing features.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech