Chrome/Casting Screen to TV & 1+

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Keeps saying "no nearby devices found" but in fact I have 3. Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube can find each of them just fine. I've rebooted the router and the phone, unplugged/reattached the chromecasts, and updated the chromecast app... but no luck. My N7 picks them up though. Was this feature only for nexus devices?

1+1/N5

Attachments

• 9246.jpg
    9246.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 37

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Can't be if it's in the settings. It should work, but I don't have a Chromecast, to try it myself, sorry.

Makes sense, lol. I thought I recalled when the feature first dropped that it was only built in for nexus devices. But when I saw the feature in the 1+ settings I was hoping to cast some Amazon prime videos with it. Thanks anyway mrsmumbles! :)

1+1/N5

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Is that meant for Chromecast? I saw it on an intro video but I assumed it was miracast or something.

I could very well be wrong on this but my understanding was that in order to mirror the screen to a tv it works *through* an existing chromecast device. On my N7, for example, when I go to the "cast screen" in settings it shows my three chromecasts there. When I select one it then mirrors to that particular tv screen. But my OPO doesn't seem to be able to detect my chromecasts (only with regard to the cast screen command though; otherwise it works fine..for Netflix, etc.)

1+1/N5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair