AC Oneplus invite community

kd0h

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: 2 invites available first come first serve

You the best man!! One plus one ordered :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Then don't buy it. They care about not having wasted inventory more than general availably at this moment. If that bothers you, buy another phone

Posted via...The One

I don't think this whole invite thing is going as planned as oneplus would like.

I mean considering "Bob" here is selling his invite for $20-30, throws out the entire idea of Oneplus being "invite only."

The whole point was to share the love, not to sell the love.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Any invites?

You can't blame OnePlus for the mercenary crap people are doing. If they could make phones faster they'd love to sell them.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't think this whole invite thing is going as planned as oneplus would like.

I mean considering "Bob" here is selling his invite for $20-30, throws out the entire idea of Oneplus being "invite only."

The whole point was to share the love, not to sell the love.

Can't disagree with the invite system not having the desired effect. Neither will OnePlus

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/product-rollout-plans-pre-orders-later-in-2014.35648/

As the previous poster said OnePlus can't control someone deciding to sell their invite. No different than someone buying a iPhone 6 and selling it for $200 above retail or someone selling the ps4 for $600 on eBay before they were released last fall for $400. The point is to get phones in people hands, if someone wants to pay for a invite and then turn around and pay for the phone itself, that's on them. When I wanted my OPO a month and a half ago I would have paid $25 for the invite(thankfully I didn't have to). I paid $363 and change for the phone, with the $25 added on I still would have been below $400. Still $250 less than the M8 or S5, $350 less than the LG g3 when it came out. Putting $ aside, the specs match up to the competitors except LG's PPI. I'll trade that for the customization options and quick software updates

Posted via...The One

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site

When people complain about the invite system I almost always reference this place. Invites are given out here almost daily, also I would check the OnePlus invite page on Google+ (not the official OnePlus page, though they do phone giveaways like every week). On Google plus you'll see someone posting invites maybe 5 or 6 times a day. If I needed a invite bad I'd check there and here every 15 minutes. Guaranteed you'll have a invite within in a week but likely a lot sooner. Just my advice for those who missed out on this

Posted via...The One

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Can't disagree with the invite system not having the desired effect. Neither will OnePlus

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/product-rollout-plans-pre-orders-later-in-2014.35648/

As the previous poster said OnePlus can't control someone deciding to sell their invite. No different than someone buying a iPhone 6 and selling it for $200 above retail or someone selling the ps4 for $600 on eBay before they were released last fall for $400. The point is to get phones in people hands, if someone wants to pay for a invite and then turn around and pay for the phone itself, that's on them. When I wanted my OPO a month and a half ago I would have paid $25 for the invite(thankfully I didn't have to). I paid $363 and change for the phone, with the $25 added on I still would have been below $400. Still $250 less than the M8 or S5, $350 less than the LG g3 when it came out. Putting $ aside, the specs match up to the competitors except LG's PPI. I'll trade that for the customization options and quick software updates

Posted via...The One

The difference between someone buying an overpriced iphone on ebay and the oneplusone scenario is in the oneplusone scenario, you're not buying the phone. You're only buying the invite. You're still buying the phone from oneplusone.

It's almost as if I preordered xbox 360 and I'm selling the preorder. You still have to buy the console from gamestop, walmart, etc.

Anyways, thanks but no thanks. For the time being I'll stick to my nexus 5 until oneplusone actually decides they want to sell me their phone.

sjodinho

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site

When people complain about the invite system I almost always reference this place. Invites are given out here almost daily, also I would check the OnePlus invite page on Google+ (not the official OnePlus page, though they do phone giveaways like every week). On Google plus you'll see someone posting invites maybe 5 or 6 times a day. If I needed a invite bad I'd check there and here every 15 minutes. Guaranteed you'll have a invite within in a week but likely a lot sooner. Just my advice for those who missed out on this

Posted via...The One

Thank you for that information. 20 minutes on google+ and I've got an invite in my mailbox!

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
The difference between someone buying an overpriced iphone on ebay and the oneplusone scenario is in the oneplusone scenario, you're not buying the phone. You're only buying the invite. You're still buying the phone from oneplusone.

It's almost as if I preordered xbox 360 and I'm selling the preorder. You still have to buy the console from gamestop, walmart, etc.

Anyways, thanks but no thanks. For the time being I'll stick to my nexus 5 until oneplusone actually decides they want to sell me their phone.

You make it sound as if I'm trying to convince you to buy the phone and I'm not. As I said earlier

"Then don't buy it. They care about not having wasted inventory more than general availably at this moment. If that bothers you, buy another phone"

I believe people should buy what they want and if you don't want it I'm sure OnePlus wouldn't want you to buy something you're not happy with. There is a market for this phone just like any other device. Stick with your nexus 5.

Posted via...The One

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for that information. 20 minutes on google+ and I've got an invite in my mailbox!

You're welcome. Thanks for proving I know what I'm talking about. I follow all the major mobile communities on Google+. Very underrated tool for info. I see invites being given away all the time there and hear people complain about not getting a invite and I think "what are you doing to get one". A little persistence and you'll have one in days. On g+ you'll see someone say " first person to leave a comment gets the invite" or something like that. OnePlus is ramping up and there's more available then there was say 4 months ago. Seek (in the right places lol) and ye shall find

Posted via...The One

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
You make it sound as if I'm trying to convince you to buy the phone and I'm not. As I said earlier

"Then don't buy it. They care about not having wasted inventory more than general availably at this moment. If that bothers you, buy another phone"

I believe people should buy what they want and if you don't want it I'm sure OnePlus wouldn't want you to buy something you're not happy with. There is a market for this phone just like any other device. Stick with your nexus 5.

Posted via...The One

We can both agree that the entire oneplus invite system isn't working as ideally as it should.

But oneplus isn't "new" anymore. I shouldn't have to go up and beg them to sell me a phone. Instead, with such a new company, they should go out of their way and encourage me to buy their phone, not jump through hoops for them just to buy one. I'm sorry, but if this is their future business model, I fail to see how oneplus can float around in the next few years being financially sustainable.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
We can both agree that the entire oneplus invite system isn't working as ideally as it should.

But oneplus isn't "new" anymore. I shouldn't have to go up and beg them to sell me a phone. Instead, with such a new company, they should go out of their way and encourage me to buy their phone, not jump through hoops for them just to buy one. I'm sorry, but if this is their future business model, I fail to see how oneplus can float around in the next few years being financially sustainable.

This is the same debate that's been had over and over. Why you're having it with me like the company pays me is beyond me but okay, here we go:

Personally I think the invite system is working FINE. The only issue is the obvious one from the start: MORE PEOPLE WANT THE PHONE THAN INVITES WERE AVAILABLE.

Yes, people have moved on to other phones, I'm SURE OnePlus anticipated that. Do you really think their goal was to sell 10,000,000 devices based on invites and match LG and Samsung numbers??? No. The goal was to introduce the device to as many people as they could based on availability and production. If you bothered to click on the link you'd see they said they'd lose more $ on wasted inventory then they would on lost customers. You and many others buying another device or keeping your current device is a price they were willing to pay and I don't blame them.

They had a business plan, they're sticking to it regardless of what the negative feedback is because like it or not they are a startup and have to take baby steps. Samsung didn't always release 8 phones a year. It took LG years to have a REAL flagship. HTC lost all steam after the HTC EVO 4g in 2010 and didn't get it back until last year with the HTC One M7.

In finish, NO, YOU ABSOLUTELY SHOULD NOT have to ask someone to give them your $, your choices are these: keep your current device and wait for the nexus 6, you'll likely be happy I'm sure, what the specs are and wheather it'll have more than 32 GB of storage and what that battery will be is yet to be seen. Or you can get a current model like the new moto x, the specs are the same as the OPO, the battery is worse at 2300mah, and it's $150 more. You can get a note 4 and pay $800. Whatever you do won't effect me so you don't have to convince me of anything. Whatever you do won't effect OnePlus and their plans going fwd. The company has room for improvement but I got top notch specs for $350, carrier unlocked, android l within 3 months. Awesome display, awesome build. THERE ISN'T A PHONE OUT OR SOON TO BE RELEASED INCLUDING THE NEXUS 6 that will make me regret my choice. I BET we will have android l before any Samsung phone, any HTC phone, any Motorola or LG phone. Our updates don't get filtered through a carrier and cyanogenmod breathes this ****. They don't punch a clock for Samsung or go home at 5:00pm. If you don't have nexus in front of your devices name, we'll get "L" before it. I'm happy

Posted via...The One

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21