What phone are you coming from? Why did you decide to buy this phone? What made you think maybe not?

Pseu

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
(Just curious who's winding up choosing this phone, and why.)

I'm coming from a Nexus 4 (#holoyolo). It's been a fine phone, but my camera (never great) is broken and the battery life (ditto) is getting steadily worse. Time to move on.

I was intrigued by the first rumors of the OnePlus, and then way turned off by their marketing campaign. But, like I mentioned above, it's time for me to get a new device. And I won't have to carry the marketing campaign around in my pocket, just the phone. I have ordered (not yet received) the OnePlus One because:

1) I'm cheap. A modern flagship-level phone for tree-fitty strongly appeals to me.
2) I like a clean, Google-y interface that I can tweak if and however much I want to. (I haven't used Cyanogen before, but it sounds like that's what I'll be getting.)
3) I'm cheap. I'm on the magic TMO $30 plan and will be able to pop the SIM right out of my N4 and into this phone.
4) I do like the idea of having something uncommon. Vanity, perhaps, but there you go.

What I'm not so sure of regarding the OnePlus One:

1) The size. It just seems Really Big. I guess I'll get used to it. (The N4 was rather bigger than my previous phone, too - the LG Optimus V - and I got used to that.) I'm curious how much I'll have to change my habits - which pockets I carry it in, how I hold it, etc. - to account for it's Largeness.
2) The quality. OnePlus, being new, has no track record. It sounds like there have been some early issues. I'm hoping this thing doesn't fall apart in a year. Given the price, that wouldn't be *as* awful as if I had dropped iPhone money on it, but still.

Next?

kd0h

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Officially coming from a Moto G.

Long story short... Had a Nexus 5, girlfriends phone broke, gave her the Nexus, got the Moto X (2013) wasn't all that excited with it or the x (2014) picked up the moto g 2014 as a great backup and went on the hunt for a 1+1 which arrives tomorrow :)

Posted via the Android Central App

enigmax

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
coming from Note 10.1 (phone model) after 2 years using it as a phone.

reason, i saw OPO on news few weeks ago, checked it out, it was cheap, bought it. cut my sim to the microsim size and now using OPO as my phone and Note is only my tablet. another reason, my Note has still android 4.1.2

Sent from OPO.

Victoria Valentin

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to be switching from a Note 3 (Going to be my backup phone).
I wanted a different android experience and off contract. Seemed like a good option. Also waiting on the Nexus 6 (won't get it though since I've purchased the oneplus one)

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
What phone are you coming from?

Moto X 2013.

Why did you decide to buy this phone?

We added my Aunt to our T-Mo family plan, she bought an S4 that got stolen out of her mail. She was devastated and upset at the money lost...So I decided to get a new phone and will send her my old Moto. Since the next Nexus isn't out yet, it was either this or the Moto. I chose this....

1 - I'm cheap
2 - Battery life
3 - Camera
4 - Screen(While I love my first Moto because of the one handed size, I figure if I'm going 2 handed I mine as well go bigger)
5 - Fully unlocked
6 - No bloat and NO stupid carrier logo

What made you think maybe not?

Nexus launch next month gave me pause, but I needed something ASAP and there isn't much out there that I can stand to look at.(I hate the look of the S5 and G3). Being a new company gave me slight pause but after watching review after review and seeing a lot of praise, my fears are somewhat eased a little as far as that goes. The size is a bit of an issue for me, I've never been a fan of large phones. But if I figure if I hate it then I can resell it later.

net62957

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm still using my N5 a couple of days a week. I was intrigued by the One's specs, the screen size, and OnePlus's orientation as a startup company. Great device.

Pseu

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
coming from Note 10.1 (phone model) after 2 years using it as a phone.

reason, i saw OPO on news few weeks ago, checked it out, it was cheap, bought it. cut my sim to the microsim size and now using OPO as my phone and Note is only my tablet. another reason, my Note has still android 4.1.2

Sent from OPO.

Heh. So how have you adjusted to carrying around such a tiny device? :)

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I was coming from a lg volt on boost Mobile. I switched a lot in the past year. A year ago today, had a galaxy s2, in October 2013 got the galaxy s3, February of this year switched to moto g. June of this year switched to lg volt. July of this year ordered the OPO. Every phone I had in the past year I rooted and put a AOSP ROM on. Couldn't stand the sight of TW on those Samsung phones.

When this phone was announced I ignored it because it was a new company (I wasn't gonna be the first to buy) and the invite system. Well in June my wife got a LG G2, even though I only had the volt for one month I decided to upgrade. It was nexus 5 or this. Asked some people on this forum, they recommended the OPO. Did a spec comparison and I see why.

Posted via...The One

atliens

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
came from a Samsung S3. i was tired of verizon raping my pockets every month so I was told about this phone and i got it. had to wait a white for a invite

rcloke91

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I too am cheap. I'm coming from a Developer HTC One M7 (yay 64gb) which I love dearly aside from the battery life.

Decided to buy it because I wanted something new and cheap. Didn't want a Nexus 5 because of the iffy battery, and I didn't have to work hard to get an invite for the OPO. Was on here for ten minutes and a half hour later my order was placed.

The only things I'm worried about are the size, as I used M7, Nexus 4, Atrix HD, and One X over the past couple years. I have smaller hands and have found a phone in the 4.5" to 5" range to be right. We will see, though.

For those of you who've gotten yours, how long does shipping usually take from placing your order? When I placed mine last night I was only given the standard shipping option.

atliens

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I too am cheap. I'm coming from a Developer HTC One M7 (yay 64gb) which I love dearly aside from the battery life.

Decided to buy it because I wanted something new and cheap. Didn't want a Nexus 5 because of the iffy battery, and I didn't have to work hard to get an invite for the OPO. Was on here for ten minutes and a half hour later my order was placed.

The only things I'm worried about are the size, as I used M7, Nexus 4, Atrix HD, and One X over the past couple years. I have smaller hands and have found a phone in the 4.5" to 5" range to be right. We will see, though.

For those of you who've gotten yours, how long does shipping usually take from placing your order? When I placed mine last night I was only given the standard shipping option.

placed order on a friday....shipped monday...got it that wednesday

rcloke91

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I ordered on a Tuesday at like 5am and got it the next Monday. You did yours in a Monday night so it could be there by Saturday

Posted via...The One

I guess we'll see. Very excited for this phone. Will always love my M7, and my backup Moto G will go to my friend as his very first smartphone. Very exciting times.

Is there ANYTHING you guys don't like about the OPO?

enigmax

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Heh. So how have you adjusted to carrying around such a tiny device? :)

screensize and keyboard were the problem at first. "so small screen... oh, how tiny, cute keys..." it still takes some time on everyday to get used to this, especially to the keyboard. carrying is much easier though.. just put it into your pocket =)

Sent from OPO.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I have to post this comparison. It may be possible the iPhone 6 camera is more ideal in variety of situation, but honestly, it doesn't impress me at all. I don't even understand why people are still thinking they are best, we have camera like from the S5, G3 and Find 7, even the OnePlus is so much better in daylight. People are hailing the slow motion feature like it's the only phone that can do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDhFcwwd2o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y4GvxAHFxU

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith