Sudden (and wierd) Malfunction -- Help Please

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Okay, it started this evening after a run. The phone had not been dropped tonight or at any other time.

I have the lockscreen engaged and noticed I could not enter any numbers. At first I thought the phone might have got a little sweat on the screen--don't think it did--but I wiped and dried it off anyway just in case there was something I couldn't see/feel.

That's when I noticed that the tell-tale dots that normally appear when *I* press buttons on the lock screen were already present....and more were registering on their own as I looked at the phone. Fast forward a half hour and my device is still on a non-stop marathon of self-induced number entry. Random numbers are registering either due to a software malfunction, a screen malfunction, or a hack. I can't beat this process to the punch and unlock the phone, either. Immediately After a reboot I am frozen out--as in, the screen doesn't respond at all to touch--yet the phone is just punching random numbers on its own.

As things stand I've removed the sim and rebooted several times to no avail. In the time it's taken me to get home and type this the phone has transitioned to the emergency dialer --on its own-- and now I can see the random numbers being dialed like there's a ghost in the machine.

Good thing I have a Nexus 5 as a backup. Any ideas?

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Okay, it started this evening after a run. The phone had not been dropped tonight or at any other time.

I have the lockscreen engaged and noticed I could not enter any numbers. At first I thought the phone might have got a little sweat on the screen--don't think it did--but I wiped and dried it off anyway just in case there was something I couldn't see/feel.

That's when I noticed that the tell-tale dots that normally appear when *I* press buttons on the lock screen were already present....and more were registering on their own as I looked at the phone. Fast forward a half hour and my device is still on a non-stop marathon of self-induced number entry. Random numbers are registering either due to a software malfunction, a screen malfunction, or a hack. I can't beat this process to the punch and unlock the phone, either. Immediately After a reboot I am frozen out--as in, the screen doesn't respond at all to touch--yet the phone is just punching random numbers on its own.

As things stand I've removed the sim and rebooted several times to no avail. In the time it's taken me to get home and type this the phone has transitioned to the emergency dialer --on its own-- and now I can see the random numbers being dialed like there's a ghost in the machine.

Good thing I have a Nexus 5 as a backup. Any ideas?

I'd factory reset

Posted via...The One

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy