Why can't I revieve a call from a withheld number?

damo

#teamandroid
May 25, 2011
Visit site
Cannot revieve a call from a withheld number

Hi,
I'm in the UK on the 3 network and cannot receive a call if someone calls me from a withheld number. My wife works in a call centre and her number never displays, it normally says 'Unknown Caller' but with the oneplus one, it doesn't even connect to the call, the line goes dead if someone tries calling. All other numbers connect fine.
I'm using software version 11.0-XNPH38R Android 4.4.4

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Cannot revieve a call from a withheld number

That doesn't sound right at all, I can't think of an instance where someone's number would have to be restricted, but it almost sounds like a setting or preference that was set up when you were having issues with unknown callers or a default value that has to be changed. You may want to check your settings under security, or check your wireless account settings online and see if there is anything there to prevent unknown callers from getting through. I just can't imagine why it wouldn't allow you the option to accept a call from whomever regardless.

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

I wonder if it might be your provider. I don't know when it went into effect but until recently, here in the U.S., you could send a number code to your provider and it would block Unknown Numbers from getting through without them entering a code to unhide their numbers before the call would go through. Might you have something like this enabled on your service?

Will6371

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site

Hi,
I'm in the UK on the 3 network and cannot receive a call if someone calls me from a withheld number. My wife works in a call centre and her number never displays, it normally says 'Unknown Caller' but with the oneplus one, it doesn't even connect to the call, the line goes dead if someone tries calling. All other numbers connect fine.
I'm using software version 11.0-XNPH38R Android 4.4.4

Go to settings and go down to and select Privacy and then select Backlist and then tap the settings icon on the bottom right of the screen and from there you can select to receive calls from private or unknown numbers.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site

Go to settings and go down to and select Privacy and then select Backlist and then tap the settings icon on the bottom right of the screen and from there you can select to receive calls from private or unknown numbers.

I didn't know you could do that with this phone, thanks. Learn something every day

Posted via...The One

dhiraj sonavane

May 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi Folks,

I also have this same issue with my One Plus One.

My friend is continuously trying from his office landline but I am not able to hear ring on my phone but "Unknown Caller" in my call history.

I don't have any no. in my blacklist or haven't added any call blocker software.

Please help. Also attaching screenshot.