Dropped calls on AT&T LTE

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Since when is that happening? The LTE data was wonky on Cricket a week back but this is the first I'm hearing of trouble with calls with the OPO.

Grebnehtor

May 15, 2010
Visit site

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Multiple users are reporting it to AT&T. Their response has been more of, we'll look at it, but we don't really support unlocked phones.

Here is a 9 page thread on it. Just check out the official forum, it's littered with people having this exact problem.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/calls-being-dropped-right-after-answer-after-last-update.152486/
Thanks, I'll check it out if I can. I've been planning on putting my OPO on an ATT MVNO, and I don't see evidence yet that they're similarly affected.

androsooner

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I have had my Oneplus One for about a week and have made quite a few calls (on ATT). I haven't dropped a call yet. I know this doesn't help the folks that are having this issue, but at least it's not happening to everyone.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I had ZERO dropped calls on my 2 OPO phones for 60+ days. ZERO. I'm on ATT in northeast USA.

I was on the thread here and read through the thread on the oneplus forums and it seemed pretty widespread in the northeast. Also saw a thread regarding it on the Nexus 5 so the theory was that non att branded devices were having issues while att was testing VoLTE.

Just bought another OPO, so the thread caught my attention but it seems it was a regional issue. Glad you have not been affected!

Posted via Nexus 5

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
The temporary solution is to switch you preferred Network to 3G when you need to receive or make calls. Switch back to LTE when you need high Data rates. 3G is more than enough for any streaming App.

It affects unlocked phones. My Nexus 5 has the issue as well. I have complained to the FCC, suggest everyone do the same. On the new iphones, which have also reported this problem, they can check a box that has voice use 3G. Not an option for most of us.

This issue can be fixed by either At&t or Cyangenmod. The phone is trying to switch off LTE itself, but for some reason is hanging up in the transition.

Its occurring for me only in PA. When I traveled to VA, MD and WV this week it worked normally. Thats with my N5 the One+ should be the same.

subs2

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
The temporary solution is to switch you preferred Network to 3G when you need to receive or make calls. Switch back to LTE when you need high Data rates. 3G is more than enough for any streaming App.

It affects unlocked phones. My Nexus 5 has the issue as well. I have complained to the FCC, suggest everyone do the same. On the new iphones, which have also reported this problem, they can check a box that has voice use 3G. Not an option for most of us.

This issue can be fixed by either At&t or Cyangenmod. The phone is trying to switch off LTE itself, but for some reason is hanging up in the transition.

Its occurring for me only in PA. When I traveled to VA, MD and WV this week it worked normally. Thats with my N5 the One+ should be the same.

Yep. Nexus 5 stock not rooted- same problem. I see it posted all over. Before I read that I was bit alone, I thought it was the phone and talked Google into swapping out a new handset to me. Guess what? Same problem. Called AT&T, explained it all to them, they said, "Huh?" And never got back to me.

Anybody know of a way to keep data pegged to LTE, but tell the phone to make all calls on 3G- before the call is started?

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Nexus 5 stock not rooted- same problem. I see it posted all over. Before I read that I was bit alone, I thought it was the phone and talked Google into swapping out a new handset to me. Guess what? Same problem. Called AT&T, explained it all to them, they said, "Huh?" And never got back to me.

Anybody know of a way to keep data pegged to LTE, but tell the phone to make all calls on 3G- before the call is started?
The iphone 6 has a setting for this, but not us. I am still looking for a widget to do this...Right now I am just using LTE and if I get a call or have to make a call I manually switch to 3G. It is a pain, still only takes a second or two.

justbald

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I just got the one. LTE worked perfectly yesterday. Now I am getting dropped calls on LTE. I switched to 3g and no dropped calls. Very annoying! I may have to bring this to ATT store and have them help me sort this out.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I just got the one. LTE worked perfectly yesterday. Now I am getting dropped calls on LTE. I switched to 3g and no dropped calls. Very annoying! I may have to bring this to ATT store and have them help me sort this out.
It's because of AT&T testing VoLTE. Complain to the FCC.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
We may be closer to having At&t fix their Voice Over LTE(VoLTE) testing. Fri Nov 7th no dropped calls in the Phila area while using my N5.(Also all of DE.) I'll be testing the One+ on LTE today around Phila to see if the problem has abated for both phones. Between At&t and the Update to CM11 we should be closer to a fix.:cool:

Keep checking each day and see if your area clears up...

jrasero23

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
was* having this problem for the past two weeks. Live in NYC and have the OPO 64 on AT&T. When connected to 4G (no wifi) every made or received call would automatically hangup after 5-10 seconds 100% percent of the time. Only when I switched to 3G or connected to wifi did the phone not hangup. Like many have speculated the culprit was AT&T VoLTE

as of today I received the 44S updated which not only fixes annoying random reboots and instability, issues with the black bar/artifacts, BUT also the AT&T VoLTE issue. I have made one phone call after the update and everything seems good now with 4G on but lets see how the update pans out after 1-2 weeks.

the update is regional for now so if you can't get it OTA, you can always download it online

subs2

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
It's fixed for me, too. LTE data on, calls connect and phone drops back to "H" (HSPA+) without dropping me. Nexus 5, AT&T, NYC

It may be that AT&T fixed something- many folks no longer have the issue. It may be coincidental that you got an update to your OPO as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL