Double notification sound from Google Calendar

Demodocus

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Whenever a pop-up notification for google calendar goes off on my OPO, it plays the notification sound twice - sometimes three times! The first two are so close together sometimes that the second one cuts off the first one - and the third one always seems to happen a few seconds after the first two if it does happen (it doesn't every time.) Any ideas on what would cause this, or if this is a CM issue? Thanks.

Demodocus

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I had a notification go off this morning and it did it 3 times - that is after unchecking "Show notifications" in the settings for calendar storage. Not sure what else would be causing it.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I had a notification go off this morning and it did it 3 times - that is after unchecking "Show notifications" in the settings for calendar storage. Not sure what else would be causing it.
Do you get separate notification entries too?

Sent from an AOSP M8

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Since the calendar storage and Google calendar are nearly the same (at least on AOSP), have you tried uninstalling/freezing all but one?

Sent from an AOSP M8

Demodocus

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Tried freezing it - caused calendar to stop working correctly. Cleared data and cache on calendar and started from scratch. One thing I did do is turn off the pop up notification from Calendar - i made a few test events and so far only 1 has done the double notification sound...I'll see how it goes over the next few days.

Demodocus

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So I had a notification go off for a calendar event, and after about 4 minutes, it went off again. Truly stumped here. This has been happening before I got inbox, and now it has happened after inbox as well.

Darkequinoxx

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
So I had a notification go off for a calendar event, and after about 4 minutes, it went off again. Truly stumped here. This has been happening before I got inbox, and now it has happened after inbox as well.

I have the same issue. Mine usually happens when I get or sent messages through hangouts.

Posted via the Android Central App