Google's Email app isn't compatiable with CM 11

smoledman

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
That's just a warning for people who rely on that app. That was a harsh surprise as I use that for Exchange email and calendar.

smoledman

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Really? Because when I try to find the app in the Play Store it isn't in the search results. So I had to Google it and find the Play link. When I clicked on that Play link, I got "This app is incompatible".

I'm talking about the stock mail app, not Gmail.

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Really? Because when I try to find the app in the Play Store it isn't in the search results. So I had to Google it and find the Play link. When I clicked on that Play link, I got "This app is incompatible".

Ok I am using Gmail, just gone onto play store and I can see "inbox by Gmail" Google app and can download it if you mean that one?

bolm86

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I use cloudmagic for my work email and love it. They even have an app for my chromebook.

Posted via the Android Central App

Fr3lncr

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

The stock native email app (non-gmail) that is found on the Nexus phones isn't compatible but the stock email app on the OnePlus One is essentially the same. I used it on my OPO and I don't think it was any different than the native email app I had on my Nexus 5. In fact, I was quite happy that the app was the same. I tried out a Sony Z3, and Sony messed up the native email app so much that I returned the phone as I rely on Outlook.com for my email (not Gmail so I don't use the Gmail app).

I no longer have the OPO nor my Nexus 5 so I can't do a full compare but I had no issues with the OPO native email app. Again, it looked exactly the same and you still had the full calendar, contact, email push sync through Exchange ActiveSync.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
It works for me. I used it for my yahoo account until the recent gmail update when I merged my yahoo and gmail together. Now I use gmail for both. I also don't know what you mean when you say you had to download it, it comes stock on cm11s I believe

Posted via...The One

smoledman

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Miraculously, after adding my work account into "Corporate accounts" in Settings, the OS magically auto-installed and auto-configured the Google Mail app and I'm good to go!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781