Why is my Bluetooth disconnecting from my car randomly?

cheesehead06

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Bluetooth Issue with Car Stereo

Newbie here, i apologize if this topic has been discussed earlier and a solution was given. My search did not yield any results.

I am connecting my OnePlus One to my car (Ford with Sync) through bluetooth. While on a call, the bluetooth randomly drops the connection. I have toggle the connection and it comes back up.

To rule out that the issue was not in the car stereo, i connected different phones (iphone 5/5S, HTC one) and all of these worked fine.

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated, as toggling the blue-tooth while driving defeats the purpose of having hands-free.

TIA.

Rhody#WP

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth Issue with Car Stereo

I also have sketchy bluetooth connection. My problem manifests when I'm listening to audio through the car stereo and the connection drops out, maybe triggered by an app notification.

yubeie

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site

I have no disconnects but the audio quality has been poor. There is a lot crackling listening to music :(

AC@OPO

RajuAndroider

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site

It will be great to have the BT Snoop logs of your phone. These logs will tell why the disconnection is happening during the call. Try googling "Sniffing/logging your own Android Bluetooth traffic".
It should give some insight into what is going on here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37