OnePlus One L Update is Almost Here

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I have to say I am happy I have only been a oneplus user for about 2 weeks. I mean I'm hoping more for the Cyanogenmod 12 ota. However if I do not see it by the 1st of April, I'm going to have to go back to my note 4. I'm not saying the Oneplus is not an awesome phone, because it is. I'm saying that I'd rather have not been told that it was a for sure thing that oxygen is would release by this day or that day. Saying in the next couple of months would have been fine. Them to say we will be giving away 5 free phones, Who cares (other than the 5 potential winners)? What about everyone else who does not win a free phone?

I never really used to care about being the first to get an update, but I do care about taking up a device and a dev to my friends and family and then looking like a total tool when the very phone and Dev I talked up goes back on their word.

I hope I'm wrong, but if I'm not........I better get a towel because I'll have a lot of egg to wipe of my face.

Come one Oneplus......don't be like EVERY OTHER DEV out there.......DO WHAT YOU SAY YOUR GONNA DO!

Posted via the Android Central App
I wholeheartedly agree. I unfortunately DO like to be amongst the first, but I bought my One back in July before the nexus 6 was even close to being announced and the One blew the Nexus 5 out the water spec wise. Hell, I'd STILL rather have my One than a nexus 5. But I was one who believed OnePlus. They 90 day promise back in July 2014 was a MAJOR reason i bought the One. And I have to say I'm disappointed. I defended OnePlus hard last year. I got warnings on this very forum for arguing with people caused by my defending OnePlus and their lies. Only to see months later this fact: OnePlus cares more about hype than delivering.

They live for hype, but can never follow up in a timely fashion.

Example #1: The Power Bank that was announced over 3 months ago even though it wasn't released until this week. http://www.androidcentral.com/onepl...battery-pack-wants-you-come-name-upcoming-rom

Example #2: Getting their name in the news by making that 90 day promise. http://www.androidcentral.com/oneplus-one-will-get-android-l-within-three-months-after-final-build

Example #3: The bamboo cover swaps they didn't send out invites for until February when they announced in SEPTEMBER they would sell what they had. http://www.androidcentral.com/no-wood-oneplus-one-bamboo-swapstyle-cover-now-canceled

Being a small company, I understand the need for free promotion, but not delivering until months down the line is not acceptable when you can simply announce things when they're ready to roll out to the public within days or weeks with the EXACT SAME RESULT... Hype and anticipation.

What's really sad, is if I had to, I can give MORE examples lol

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I wholeheartedly agree. I unfortunately DO like to be amongst the first, but I bought my One back in July before the nexus 6 was even close to being announced and the One blew the Nexus 5 out the water spec wise. Hell, I'd STILL rather have my One than a nexus 5. But I was one who believed OnePlus. They 90 day promise back in July 2014 was a MAJOR reason i bought the One. And I have to say I'm disappointed. I defended OnePlus hard last year. I got warnings on this very forum for arguing with people caused by my defending OnePlus and their lies. Only to see months later this fact: OnePlus cares more about hype than delivering.

They live for hype, but can never follow up in a timely fashion.

Example #1: The Power Bank that was announced over 3 months ago even though it wasn't released until this week. http://www.androidcentral.com/onepl...battery-pack-wants-you-come-name-upcoming-rom

Example #2: Getting their name in the news by making that 90 day promise. http://www.androidcentral.com/oneplus-one-will-get-android-l-within-three-months-after-final-build

Example #3: The bamboo cover swaps they didn't send out invites for until February when they announced in SEPTEMBER they would sell what they had. http://www.androidcentral.com/no-wood-oneplus-one-bamboo-swapstyle-cover-now-canceled

Being a small company, I understand the need for free promotion, but not delivering until months down the line is not acceptable when you can simply announce things when they're ready to roll out to the public within days or weeks with the EXACT SAME RESULT... Hype and anticipation.

What's really sad, is if I had to, I can give MORE examples lol

Everything you said is true. Even after some folks saying not to go with OnePlus, I did. And they LOVE my phone, hell I love my phone. However, the empty promises just to sell phones or shake up the industry by actually making a promise is not smart. How are they gonna look tomorrow or the first week of April when all the sites that commended the 90 day promise turn on Oneplus. EVERY tech site that reviewed the OPO had great things to say, but after this insanity, I can only imagine how fast they will turn.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Everything you said is true. Even after some folks saying not to go with OnePlus, I did. And they LOVE my phone, hell I love my phone. However, the empty promises just to sell phones or shake up the industry by actually making a promise is not smart. How are they gonna look tomorrow or the first week of April when all the sites that commended the 90 day promise turn on Oneplus. EVERY tech site that reviewed the OPO had great things to say, but after this insanity, I can only imagine how fast they will turn.

I think they're still gonna have fans and success. I'm just starting to think they're no longer for me. I think they can still do great things, I think I'll likely regret not getting the OP2. But I've never owned a nexus device and crave my updates so I really blame myself for not going that route earlier and I hate passing on a phone for one yet to be released or even announced (that's the reason I got the One over the yet to be announced nexus 6 last year). But it's not just OnePlus as a company, I don't think I'll want to deal with the invite shenanigans this year, and customer service is my other concern. I got a bug free One thank God, I don't want to deal with the RMA process should I have a problem with the 2.

But the One is a GREAT phone, OnePlus is just not a GREAT COMPANY...yet. that's all I'm saying. People see my phone and its always the same thing "This is a nice phone. What is it?" And it handles every thing I throw at it. Definitely the best phone I've had to date. The company just needs to get their **** together

Posted via...The One

redlinecoatings

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
You can find it here, [PORT][03192015][Ver 1.7] ColorOS Camera for… | OnePlus One | XDA Forums. Download it to your OPO, then just click in the file manager to install it (You have to allow installation of software from unknown sources). It will appear as an app, which you can set to be the default camera app, if you like (I have).

As I write this, the most recent version is 1.7.

In addition, you'll want to install some of the plugins that make the app work better. They can be found here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5x77DcrweYzMThlbWdXQ1EzMFE&usp=sharing. I like the GIF plugin and a few others.
I've installed the camera and the plug ins, does it not offer panoramic mode? I can't seem to find where it is.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
You can find it here, [PORT][03192015][Ver 1.7] ColorOS Camera for… | OnePlus One | XDA Forums. Download it to your OPO, then just click in the file manager to install it (You have to allow installation of software from unknown sources). It will appear as an app, which you can set to be the default camera app, if you like (I have).

As I write this, the most recent version is 1.7.

In addition, you'll want to install some of the plugins that make the app work better. They can be found here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5x77DcrweYzMThlbWdXQ1EzMFE&usp=sharing. I like the GIF plugin and a few others.

This is great. I've installed it. It's definitely better than the stock camera.

Question is, will the CM12S update bring a better camera experience than the ColorOS one?

Fr3lncr

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe they aren't even giving an update. They must realize they are making themselves look worse by not telling people they messed up and missed another deadline.

Personally, I don't care when it comes really since I'm not optimistic the update wont bring new bugs and I can't really think of a killer feature to Android L that I want. But the way they are managing their communications is just soo bad it's almost unbelievable.

ubizmo

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I'm not that interested in the CM12s update. I haven't heard about any new killer feature in Lollipop to make me get excited. 11s is working just fine for me, so if it takes 6 more months to push out 12s, I'm okay with that. Sure, there are occasional glitches with 11s, but that's going to be the case anyway. These things are never bug-free.

As a BlackBerry user, I got used to installing the latest leaked OS as soon as it came out, but that was because the OS is still new and there were (and are) features that everybody was waiting for. That's not the case with CM-Android. The OS is very mature and feature-rich now.

In all software development, ETA "promises" are little more than guesses, because it's impossible, in principle, to know what problems will surface along the way. Consequently, I don't care what Cyanogen said about releasing 12s within 90 days of Lollipop's launch. As far as I'm concerned, all that is just marketing hype.

ubizmo

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Having said that...The OTA came today and I had some time to kill, so I grabbed it.

So far, nothing exciting to report. A few cosmetic changes. I realize a lot has changed under the hood, but from an end user perspective it's much the same. I think that's a good thing.

Fr3lncr

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I actually think I'll be going back to 11S. I did a clean install using fastboot of the update, wiped it and started fresh, and I am having just a bit too many issues. The two main ones for me is I find performance a bit (some things are fine but in other areas, things just lag... much more so than Oxygen) and I am having touchscreen issues (I really have to touch and hold an icon for it to do anything as a tap isn't working anymore).

I've reinstalled twice and the same thing.

There are some other things like wonky behaviour (adding apps to the home screen seems to put adjacent app icons into a seizure), missing features that I liked in 11S (better quick settings options, auto brightness fine tuning), and random crashes with the settings app. I could live with them but I could also just wait for the first maintenance update and go back to 11S in the meantime.

I will say 12 gives you more customization features than Oxygen though which I quite like. Oddly enough though Oxygen seemed a bit more stable and definitely snappier.

Paul Ellis1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
No update showing for me yet.

Can somebody advise me though, I've unlocked bootloader, rooted and installed twrp recovery. Will I be able to use ota update when it hits or do I need to install a stock recovery first?

Sorry, still very new to all this

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63