Oxygen or CM12?

javierlp

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having issues sending sms with Google's Messenger app?

I can't since cm12 update.

It does work with stock cm12 sms client.

Posted via the Android Central App

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
i have been running oxygen since it released and i have not had any bugs in fact even some improvements like with games dungeon hunter 5 plays smoother for me anyways i have liked it so far.

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, the issues I've found so far are:

1) Swiping down from the top doesn't fully load the notification bar as it seems to stop almost half way. If I do a full slow swipe down, it fully loads but a normal swipe down causes it to 'stick'.

I don´t think that this is an issue, it's the way it works on 5.0. It does go down all the way for notifications, when you continue you get quick settings. It really bothered me on my Nexus 7. If you use two fingers it will go all the way down and show everything.

This is based on my Nexus 7 experience as I'm still waiting for the CM 12 OTA, I haven't had time to do it manually.

kurioskurion

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I don´t think that this is an issue, it's the way it works on 5.0. It does go down all the way for notifications, when you continue you get quick settings. It really bothered me on my Nexus 7. If you use two fingers it will go all the way down and show everything.

This is based on my Nexus 7 experience as I'm still waiting for the CM 12 OTA, I haven't had time to do it manually.

You can also swipe down from the top right corner and it'll pull all the way down.

kurioskurion

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having issues sending sms with Google's Messenger app?

I can't since cm12 update.

It does work with stock cm12 sms client.

I had issues with MMS on CM11 and CM12 nightlies. MMS works perfectly on Oxygen. Just saying.

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to give my OPO to my sister, she's not tech savvy. Should I install Oxygen or leave it with Cyanogen? We live in different countries, so I won't be able give her any technical help with the phone. She only needs something that works. I'm inclined to go with Oxygen, would appreciate your opinion. Thanks.

kurioskurion

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to give my OPO to my sister, she's not tech savvy. Should I install Oxygen or leave it with Cyanogen? We live in different countries, so I won't be able give her any technical help with the phone. She only needs something that works. I'm inclined to go with Oxygen, would appreciate your opinion. Thanks.

Just ask her what she likes.

Simplicity = Oxygen

Lots to customize = CM12

johnwillyums

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I have been running various Lollipop ROMs on my One, and they all seem to have problems.

I think most of these are Google issues. I'm now running Lollipop 5.1 stock. on my Nexus 7(2013), and that seems bug free, better in every way.

I've now been running OxygenOS, on my Oneplus One for two days, and I'm having great fun.
I've put on Go Launcher Z, and a very dark theme, and the whole thing is very "phone of the future".
I don't know why people are complaining about how minimal Oxygen is, we have the whole Playstore, plus the whole world of Android apps, XDA Developers etc, to build a phone for ourselves, from.
So whilst Oxygen doesn't feel as "full" as CM12, it can easily be, and it seems pretty smooth, fast, and stable.
At the moment I've gone for an over the top techy eye candy look. I'll stick with that for a bit, and then go beige minimalist, or wispy grey tone. I love this phone :)

I'm in the UK, and I do have one, pretty important bug. in Oxygen, with BBC iPlayer, and/or BBC Media Player. If I try to watch a programme on catch up, it tries to start, then freezes. This is a complete freeze, and if I have to do a hard shut down, and then reboot.
Is anyone else in the UK getting this problem, with Oxygen?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I have been running various Lollipop ROMs on my One, and they all seem to have problems.

I think most of these are Google issues. I'm now running Lollipop 5.1 stock. on my Nexus 7(2013), and that seems bug free, better in every way.

I've now been running OxygenOS, on my Oneplus One for two days, and I'm having great fun.
I've put on Go Launcher Z, and a very dark theme, and the whole thing is very "phone of the future".
I don't know why people are complaining about how minimal Oxygen is, we have the whole Playstore, plus the whole world of Android apps, XDA Developers etc, to build a phone for ourselves, from.
So whilst Oxygen doesn't feel as "full" as CM12, it can easily be, and it seems pretty smooth, fast, and stable.
At the moment I've gone for an over the top techy eye candy look. I'll stick with that for a bit, and then go beige minimalist, or wispy grey tone. I love this phone :)

I'm in the UK, and I do have one, pretty important bug. in Oxygen, with BBC iPlayer, and/or BBC Media Player. If I try to watch a programme on catch up, it tries to start, then freezes. This is a complete freeze, and if I have to do a hard shut down, and then reboot.
Is anyone else in the UK getting this problem, with Oxygen?

I'd wonder about the network connection or the video app if that's happening on video. How is YouTube working, for comparison?