Windows Phone user looking for comparable Android experience, what should I get?

Jonny702

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Windows Phone user looking for comparable Android experience

Hello, I've just ordered a OnePlus One. I've been using Windows Phone for years and really really liked the platform. I decided to move to Android since I can get all of the positive parts of Windows Phone including the UX, with the use of some apps (like Launcher 8), and I can also get all of the stuff that Windows phone doesn't have like decent flagship hardware and apps that get updated regularly.
There are some things that I'm hoping some other people who may have moved from Windows Phone might be able to help with.
1. Looking for a good calendar application. I really liked the one on Windows phone, I use my Calendar a lot for business and this is important to me.
2. I would go ahead and use the new Microsoft Outlook app but last I checked they store credentials on their server (this is inherited from Acompli which MS bought). So with that said, what is a good, secure email client for Android that provides a similar or better experience to Windows Phone?

I'm sure once my phone actually arrives I'll have lots more questions and I'll be sure to ask them here.
Thanks in Advance!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone user looking for comparable Android experience

Welcome to the forums!
1. I personally use Google Calendar, but Today Calendar is also a really good one.
2. The Gmail app now supports third party email accounts, including your hotmail/outlook address

Edit: Forgot to mention that I am not an ex-Windows user. Just giving my two cents :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12