Rate the One Plus One

gpo1956

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Is the One Plus One a great phone, or a "great phone for the price?" I currently have the Note 4 and I'm thinking of picking up a second phone, just for something different. My last several phones have been HTC or Samsung. I'm thinking about this one, the Nexus 6 or possibly the LG G3 or G4. If I really like both phones, I'll keep them both. If I don't I'll probably just keep the one I like best and sell the other. I thought about the Galaxy S6, but I'm just kind of tired of Samsung right now. What are your thoughts?

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Is the One Plus One a great phone, or a "great phone for the price?" I currently have the Note 4 and I'm thinking of picking up a second phone, just for something different. My last several phones have been HTC or Samsung. I'm thinking about this one, the Nexus 6 or possibly the LG G3 or G4. If I really like both phones, I'll keep them both. If I don't I'll probably just keep the one I like best and sell the other. I thought about the Galaxy S6, but I'm just kind of tired of Samsung right now. What are your thoughts?

I think it's both tbh. It's a solid performer in its own right (nothing spectacular, just solid), and a value considering the price. The OnePlus would make a great backup phone...So would the others you mentioned of course, but you're gonna spend more money acquiring them (with the exception of the G3).

Posted via my Bloat-Free, AT&T G3 running CM12 or my Ascend Mate 7

gpo1956

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I've been reading and watching reviews of the OnePlus, and I find it distracting to have to try and filter through all the "for the price" bs. In other words, how wouild it compare to the others if it were the same price? At this point, I'm not that concerned about price, but more in performance, speed, lag and battery performance.

kurioskurion

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I've been reading and watching reviews of the OnePlus, and I find it distracting to have to try and filter through all the "for the price" bs. In other words, how wouild it compare to the others if it were the same price? At this point, I'm not that concerned about price, but more in performance, speed, lag and battery performance.

Best performing phone I've had. I came from Moto X (2nd Gen) to The One. Phone is even faster and more buttery with Oxygen on it.

Posted via the Android Central App

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

The oppo is a very good phone. Not earth shatteringly good, but good. I think it would hold up fairly well against most of those devices for most usage, but thats a personal assessment, and it stems from the fact I dont really game on my phone or use it for photos much....YMMV in other words.

gpo1956

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't game either. Mainly looking for a good solid fast and dependable phone that just works.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't game either. Mainly looking for a good solid fast and dependable phone that just works.

Then id say go for it! Another option would be a gently used nexus 5 which should be easy to find on swappa. I am also selling my G3 if you're interested in that, since it was on your original list of potentials. PM me if you want some more info on it. Cheers!

ubizmo

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

I haven't used a lot of Android phones, but my OPO performs better than my last one, which was an S4. I'm running CM12s and I haven't tried Oxygen. I've had no stability issues, i.e., freezes, force closes, etc. The OS is admirably free of bloat, although I guess if you want the really stripped-down experience Oxygen is the way to go.

The most obvious place where corners have been cut is the camera, which lacks optical image stabiliation. The CM camera app is nothing special, but there are alternatives. Specifically, the ColorOS camera app is quite good. I'm satisfied with the camera performance with the ColorOS app, but I suppose if you need a best in class camera you should look elsewhere.

The sound quality through the speakers is okay, but not as good as my BlackBerry Passport. Again, if this is a priority you should get something else.

andrphoid

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Kurioskurion,
When did you get it & how long have you had it? I heard the touch screen issues appear after a few months and when it gets warm. im also wondering if the touchscreen issues are from earlier builds or current ones. Do you have the white one or sandstone one? I really want to get an opo but all the touch screen issues I've seen on YouTube and read on the opo forum is making me hesitant. Thanks for your reply!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

ubizmo

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Is there any truth to the touch screen issues?

I've had mine a couple of months, and no touch screen issues yet. My wife has had hers since September, and no touch screen issues.

I'm not saying there's no truth to it; just reporting my experience.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Is there any truth to the touch screen issues?

I had issues with my 64gig phone (effectively a small "dead zone" in the middle of the display, making that area unresponsive). Had to return it for a replacement.

kurioskurion

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Kurioskurion,
When did you get it & how long have you had it? I heard the touch screen issues appear after a few months and when it gets warm. im also wondering if the touchscreen issues are from earlier builds or current ones. Do you have the white one or sandstone one? I really want to get an opo but all the touch screen issues I've seen on YouTube and read on the opo forum is making me hesitant. Thanks for your reply!

I've had my OnePlus since December. 16gig white... well I have the bamboo back! :-D

gpo1956

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I have one coming and have a question. I've never dealt with an unlocked phone. I'm planning on rooting it before I set it up so I don't have to back it up or lose all my information. Do I need to insert my Sim card before I root it or not?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2