YNG1TAS17L update for Oneplus One. is it worth the upgrade for you?

2Peks1Bird

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I've just received this notification on my Oneplus One. I did some research and found a bunch of complaints about it like increased battery consumption among other bugs. Just so you know, I'm just new to Android, and I came from BB10, so I'm still trying figure things out in the android world so please pardon the ignorance. :)

Question is, for those who have already installed this, how was it? Is it good? Would you recommend it?

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

Edit: wow I posted this like a couple of hours ago and this appeared just now. I did like 3 more posts because I thought it didn't get posted so mods, if you see duplicate posts
of this from me, sorry, please delete them.

Thanks

Last edited:

2Peks1Bird

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes i have the update. But i didn't install it. Too many negative things I've been hearing a bout it. I'm Happy with my snappy 4.4.4 Kitkat.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes i have the update. But i didn't install it. Too many negative things I've been hearing a bout it. I'm Happy with my snappy 4.4.4 Kitkat.

Ohhhh, the lollipop update? It went well on my phone. Smoother than on my Nexus 5 in fact although both phones are running well now.

2Peks1Bird

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Ohhhh, the lollipop update? It went well on my phone. Smoother than on my Nexus 5 in fact although both phones are running well now.

Really? Are there any bugs? I'm too scared too mess up my 1+1. Kitkat runs really smooth on it

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Really? Are there any bugs? I'm too scared too mess up my 1+1. Kitkat runs really smooth on it

The only new bug I notice is a little banding on blacks during the animations and a charging bug (sometimes it gets very hot while charging and won't charge all the way. The solution is to power off and charge.).

taft

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Battery was initially significantly better with kitkat, but still very good with LP. Performance is overall better with LP. I believe there has been two firmware upgrades since the initial upgrade to LP, but hard to be sure as I haven't run stock for a long time.

I'd absolutely recommend upgrading to LP.

2Peks1Bird

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Battery was initially significantly better with kitkat, but still very good with LP. Performance is overall better with LP. I believe there has been two firmware upgrades since the initial upgrade to LP, but hard to be sure as I haven't run stock for a long time.

I'd absolutely recommend upgrading to LP.

Thanks. I'll have to think this through carefully because kitkat has been good to my phone. Really don't see anything compelling from lollipop yet

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
No major issues on my OPO. Some minor annoyance crashes for the launcher. Overall it's smooth.

2Peks1Bird

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Mine is i can't change the signal and wifi icons to numbers. And colors look a bit washed out. But that's just about it. Overall I'm pleased my pretty looking lollopop oneplus 😘

2Peks1Bird

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Other than the signal and wifi icons can no longer be changed to numbers, colors looking a bit washed out, and data connection sometimes being spotty, i don't have any other issues with this update. Animations make my phone look pretty. Satisfied overall :)

taft

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Other than the signal and wifi icons can no longer be changed to numbers, colors looking a bit washed out, and data connection sometimes being spotty, i don't have any other issues with this update. Animations make my phone look pretty. Satisfied overall :)

It's LP. It's a significant upgrade over KK. Many changes are ones you will not see, but feel.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital