Oneplus One freezes after pin-entry, propable culprit: android marshmallow, Google play services

A

AC Question

heya guys,
i could make use of some help. I updated to android marshmallow a couple of days ago and started to realize a radical drop in battery performance. Today i thought i should find out why. so i checked options -> battery -> there i can see the usage of the battery, what used it and how much. Google play services (translating free from my head, so please excuse me if it is called something else in english) used around 70% of my battery withing around 2 hours. naturally i tried to fix the issue which was most likely caused by a bug. i googled a little bit and found that people recommanded to turn off "auto start google play services when booting phone (or sth similar, still no englishman here)". so i went (i think) to apps -> google play services -> auto start when booting, and turned it off..BLAMM! cell froze and only force chocking it off (holding the lock-key down for 7 secs) did result in a reaction. so it restarted and when hit "enter" after entering my pin-code it froze again. that is pretty much where i am now...sadly this is kinda urgent cause i do really need my phone today. otherwhise i wouldnt have bothered you and tried to solve the issue myself, as usually.
anyways, if someone knows something please help me:)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Play services is needed for a lot of things. I believe that is also what confirms your credentials when unlocking the device. I think your best bet right now is to reset the device.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Resets in theory don't wipe your personal files, but I always assume they will. However, since you can't open the device to pull the files off, there momst likely isn't a way to back everything up, either.

From 1+One website: If you're having trouble with your OnePlus handset that may be related to software, try performing a full factory reset.Back up all your important files and information, as the process may erase all data.

• OxygenOS - Power off your device Press and hold volume down + Power button. ( device will boot into recovery mode ) Select Language Select Wipe data and cache > Wipe data and cache and tap Yes Now Reboot system from " Reboot" option.
  • Cyanogen OS - Power off your device Press and hold volume down + Power button. ( device will boot into recovery mode ) Select Wipe data/factory reset > Yes-- delete all user data Select Wipe cache partition ( You'll notice Android bot with erasing... for a second ) Select Reboot system now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty