Tether after root?

carloswii5

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys i was wondering has anyone tried tethering after root or does it still not work can anyone please tell me thank you.

carloswii5

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
i have lg Optiumus Net.....everything works great!...change ur app..or actually what method of tethering are u trying?

I tried tethering without root which gave me error 67 and called and fixed that then posted asking if tethering would work after root

Sent from my Melted Ice Cream

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I tried tethering without root which gave me error 67 and called and fixed that then posted asking if tethering would work after root

Sent from my Melted Ice Cream

usb tethering works fine via root or non-root. pdanet on the play store. wifi tethering is where the problems occur.

Reactions: fastobe

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I do not use wifi to tether but from what Ive read it is where the error 67 code appears. I believe its built in by LG to prevent wifi tethering use. Its not really an error. Its meant to lock the phone down so you do have to call virgin mobile and get the msl to reactivate your data connection. The last rep I spoke with told me the device was meant to give that error when attempting to use wifi to tether. Now wired tethering seems to work just fine. Im using it now just to fiddle around with a few things. I used it before root with no issues. PDANet. Now Ive also read that wifi tethering does work without further issues after root. But Im not exactly sure if thats related to using specific apps to achieve the proper connection. To be more specific,its meant to prevent hot spot usage. Atleast thats vm cs account of why it occurs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie