Rooting Your Optimus Elite The Easy Way

maajidg

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
hey king, icould not root my LG opyimus su640 .poot stopped at the end and did not do its job. my device has ice cream sandwich 4.0.4. I have tried other methods also but no success yet. do something please.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
hey king, icould not root my LG opyimus su640 .poot stopped at the end and did not do its job. my device has ice cream sandwich 4.0.4. I have tried other methods also but no success yet. do something please.

There isn't anything that can be done, you have a completely different phone. I don't think we have a section here for it. Check out XDA and see if there is someone there who has your device that can help.

Pasha S

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
hey curtis! You seem to know what your doing, so i want to root my optimus elite, but not sure of the benefits. also is it possible too get cyanogenmod? i would like to get a more up to date operating system. #totalnoob

Kameron Kolding

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm having trouble doing this. Everytime I go to download the poot app, it fails. I downloaded Ministro 2 fine, I can't find it on my phone, unless I check storage, but I can't root my phone because of this. I'd really like to be able to since I just downloaded this battery calibrator and I'd like to use it. Any help would be great. :)
BTW, I have an LG Optimus Elite.

minusadegree

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
This is the thread that showed up in the top google, first one I clicked on and probably the easiest root I've ever done. Kewl io, kudos for reposting this here :)

Daniel Acosta

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Amazing
First off this method was created by giantpune of android forums and I take no credit. This method is listed as beta for the time being but as far as I can tell it works fine. Ive used it on my optimus elite without issue as have many other elite owners. But for the sake of saying so,what you do with your device is up to you. If you brick it not following the guide (with this method I do not see how you could..but anything is possible), you are responsible.

Prerequisites : New elite owners should update their device with the LG update before rooting. This will prevent the need to re-root after update. Users who have rooted with any other root method who have returned to stock root using the jcase root method should update using the LG update to prevent the need to reroot after update. Otherwise anyone using any other root method including jcase method,does not need to root using this method. YOU ARE ALREADY ROOTED. Why use this?? :)

Step 1 : Download Ministro II.apk provided below and install it. Let it update and get what it needs.

Step 2 : Download poot.apk listed below and start it. Click "press here to poot"..it happens almost instantaneously. Probably wont notice much except the log output.

Step 3 : Click "get superuser". This will open google play store to download superuser. If play store doesnt load it correctly,stalls,or just goes to default play store home screen,type superuser in search prompt and it will provide the superuser download page. Install superuser,open it and move to the info tab click tap for updates and let it update,depending on your connection you may get a fail. Dont worry try it again. Superuser should update the binary for su and you are pretty much done. You can download root check if you like from play store to verify. Or you can use the poot built-in root check. screen shot is provided below to show you the output for a successful root. After root enjoy and if you meet giantpune on android forums or here. thank this individual for providing this extremely simple root method. Trust me,using the other root methods vs this is a task. So a thank you would be deserved.

JovanSchluer91

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
ok, i have ministro and poot just fine, i have super user, superuser updater, i even have busybox and super super user.. all granted proper perms, the SU says its updated and poot gives me the "anything less wud b uncivilized" message, everything is updated and ready.. but my Poot gives me the "a Demon materialized while pooting, error code 22; su binary not written" what am i doing wrong?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2