Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Default Re: Rooting Your Optimus Elite The Easy Way

Hi, I'm having trouble doing this. Everytime I go to download the poot app, it fails. I downloaded Ministro 2 fine, I can't find it on my phone, unless I check storage, but I can't root my phone because of this. I'd really like to be able to since I just downloaded this battery calibrator and I'd like to use it. Any help would be great.
    BTW, I have an LG Optimus Elite.

For some reason it says that the poot download was unsuccessful. Any tips?

This is the thread that showed up in the top google, first one I clicked on and probably the easiest root I've ever done. Kewl io, kudos for reposting this here

Where do I download the two files??
    Thanked by:

I keep getting an error 44 code

Amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis1973 View Post
    First off this method was created by giantpune of android forums and I take no credit. This method is listed as beta for the time being but as far as I can tell it works fine. Ive used it on my optimus elite without issue as have many other elite owners. But for the sake of saying so,what you do with your device is up to you. If you brick it not following the guide (with this method I do not see how you could..but anything is possible), you are responsible.

Prerequisites : New elite owners should update their device with the LG update before rooting. This will prevent the need to re-root after update. Users who have rooted with any other root method who have returned to stock root using the jcase root method should update using the LG update to prevent the need to reroot after update. Otherwise anyone using any other root method including jcase method,does not need to root using this method. YOU ARE ALREADY ROOTED. Why use this??

Step 1 : Download Ministro II.apk provided below and install it. Let it update and get what it needs.

Step 2 : Download poot.apk listed below and start it. Click "press here to poot"..it happens almost instantaneously. Probably wont notice much except the log output.

Step 3 : Click "get superuser". This will open google play store to download superuser. If play store doesnt load it correctly,stalls,or just goes to default play store home screen,type superuser in search prompt and it will provide the superuser download page. Install superuser,open it and move to the info tab click tap for updates and let it update,depending on your connection you may get a fail. Dont worry try it again. Superuser should update the binary for su and you are pretty much done. You can download root check if you like from play store to verify. Or you can use the poot built-in root check. screen shot is provided below to show you the output for a successful root. After root enjoy and if you meet giantpune on android forums or here. thank this individual for providing this extremely simple root method. Trust me,using the other root methods vs this is a task. So a thank you would be deserved.

ok, i have ministro and poot just fine, i have super user, superuser updater, i even have busybox and super super user.. all granted proper perms, the SU says its updated and poot gives me the "anything less wud b uncivilized" message, everything is updated and ready.. but my Poot gives me the "a Demon materialized while pooting, error code 22; su binary not written" what am i doing wrong?

So I'm trying this, but it's saying "DOWNLOAD FAILED" on my elite. Any reason?

I did everything as you said but superuser says fail everytime

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovefarts View Post
    So I'm trying this, but it's saying "DOWNLOAD FAILED" on my elite. Any reason?
    worked fine for me in opera

Been lurking here and there for a while now trying to learn about root, flashing, etc. I just made an account so I could say how easy this was and hunt down those responsible and shower them with ooy gooy praise! Wow, wow. There is no way I could have botched that up! Hats off to curtis1973 for putting this up. Now that I have this phone rooted I can use my Op V to practice flashing. Wish me luck!
    earthboar likes this.

How can you unroot?

Why would you want to?

If you are following the steps word for word the only thing I can see people not doing is not allowing install of non-market apps. Go into menu---> settings--->applications, and check the box by unknown sources.

Poot doesn't download ugh

I really want to root my phone but when I try to download the links they keep saying download unsuccessful and I'm getting pretty mad...how would I get them to download so I can root my phone?

Dear Curtis1973,

It works great! And to earle81us who said Barnacle Wi-Fi Tether, Yeah, Baby! I bought an LG Optimus Elite, with Virgin Mobile. Apparently they disable the Wi-fi tethering feature.

I just followed the above steps in the original post, then installed Barnacle Wi-Fi Tether, and my laptop is actually web browsing via my Android data connection. This was a really important innovation to me, since I live at a motel where the wi-fi comes and goes without warning, sometimes for a day or so.

I guess there were some steps that I didn't mention:
    I downloaded the mentator II from my Android, and installed it there.
    I downloaded poot using Curtis1973's link, above, then uploaded it to my downloads folder on my 'droid ( connected via USB).
    I browsed to my downloads folder using Polaris viewer, which is a stock app on my phone.
    After that, I followed the Curtis1973 steps.
    Then I downloaded / installed Barnacle Wi-Fi Tether using Google Play Store.
    Last edited by earthboar; 01-29-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Dosn't help

I turned on USB debugging. Still getting the ua boot error... What exactly do I need to do with the supersuzip link? Because I dled it and it when I try to open it I get a error saying I don't have an application to open this file or something of the sort...

The su to /system fail*** idk why I said ua lol...any help? Would be much appreciated!

Ok SO I unzipped fill...and dled the supersu app that was within....and it's STILL failing...please help me lol...

Ok I figured it out. But one more question. since I have supersu now. Do I need superuser?

How long does it take for Superuser to copy files to /system? Thanks!

As a side note:

The exploit from this works on the LG Enlighten running the previously un-rooted VS700ZV5 SW update on VZW.

Thanks everyone for all their work on this.
    Thanks especially from me, to djrbliss for helping me with my ignorance on exploits.

Thanks a ton ! really helped!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast