Rooting Your Optimus Elite The Easy Way

undogooder

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Been lurking here and there for a while now trying to learn about root, flashing, etc. I just made an account so I could say how easy this was and hunt down those responsible and shower them with ooy gooy praise! Wow, wow. There is no way I could have botched that up! Hats off to curtis1973 for putting this up. Now that I have this phone rooted I can use my Op V to practice flashing. Wish me luck! :)

undogooder

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
If you are following the steps word for word the only thing I can see people not doing is not allowing install of non-market apps. Go into menu---> settings--->applications, and check the box by unknown sources.

Elijah Danforth

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I really want to root my phone but when I try to download the links they keep saying download unsuccessful and I'm getting pretty mad...how would I get them to download so I can root my phone?

earthboar

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Dear Curtis1973,

It works great! And to earle81us who said Barnacle Wi-Fi Tether, Yeah, Baby! I bought an LG Optimus Elite, with Virgin Mobile. Apparently they disable the Wi-fi tethering feature.

I just followed the above steps in the original post, then installed Barnacle Wi-Fi Tether, and my laptop is actually web browsing via my Android data connection. This was a really important innovation to me, since I live at a motel where the wi-fi comes and goes without warning, sometimes for a day or so. :)

I guess there were some steps that I didn't mention:
I downloaded the mentator II from my Android, and installed it there.
I downloaded poot using Curtis1973's link, above, then uploaded it to my downloads folder on my 'droid ( connected via USB).
I browsed to my downloads folder using Polaris viewer, which is a stock app on my phone.
After that, I followed the Curtis1973 steps.
Then I downloaded / installed Barnacle Wi-Fi Tether using Google Play Store.

Last edited:

Troy Carroll

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I turned on USB debugging. Still getting the ua boot error... What exactly do I need to do with the supersuzip link? Because I dled it and it when I try to open it I get a error saying I don't have an application to open this file or something of the sort...

wattnxt

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
As a side note:

The exploit from this works on the LG Enlighten running the previously un-rooted VS700ZV5 SW update on VZW.

Thanks everyone for all their work on this.
Thanks especially from me, to djrbliss for helping me with my ignorance on exploits.

O:)

Luke Skywalker1

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
i was watching a youtube video on this today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrB3f9WFLrg&list=PLlMrcoqHh07m6_rCeqwu927E8hf9jvB6s

in the video he says you need to download dolphin. he also downloads and installs poot 1st, then ministro 2nd. this video was done 6 months ago. it's pretty much the same info here. i haven't done it yet b/c i'm still debating whether i'm gonna get an optimus v or elite. prob gonna go w/ the elite. then after i root, download the tether app from https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...googlecode.android.wifi.tether&token=ZDiG5NZY

There's a pretty cool ROM i wanna try to flash, too. http://androidforums.com/elite-all-things-root/651121-rom-sleipnir-v2-4-0-02-19-13-vm-sprint.html

But, this is all new to me, like literally in the past 24 hours I've decided that I may upgrade to a smartphone b/c my Mantra is giving me issues and VM keeps messing up the customer service. I still have the $25 plan so I think I'm gonna just do it since the elite still works on that plan. So I'm still super new to this. I also wanna know how to revert back to the stock ROM should anything happen w/ a custom ROM so I can get a replacement from VM b/c if you Root and flash a ROM, you void the warranty, and if the ROM gets messed up, I wanna revert back to the stock ROM so as to "unvoid" the warranty. So still learning. But, I think I'm gonna go w/ the elite over the v.

Anyway, hope this helps, Kegan.

Last edited:

chris bourassa1

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I just want to say thank you. Man I can't believe ho w easy it was to root my lg o
ptimus it really was step 1 step 2 then 3 and I was rooted.again thanks dude

mac_rmm

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
In superuser, it's been sitting on "gaining root access" and "working..." for about five minutes now. Do I just let it go or is something wrong with the installation? Thanks.