Rooting Your Optimus Elite The Easy Way

abdull rahman1

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
First off this method was created by giantpune of android forums and I take no credit. This method is listed as beta for the time being but as far as I can tell it works fine. Ive used it on my optimus elite without issue as have many other elite owners. But for the sake of saying so,what you do with your device is up to you. If you brick it not following the guide (with this method I do not see how you could..but anything is possible), you are responsible.

Prerequisites : New elite owners should update their device with the LG update before rooting. This will prevent the need to re-root after update. Users who have rooted with any other root method who have returned to stock root using the jcase root method should update using the LG update to prevent the need to reroot after update. Otherwise anyone using any other root method including jcase method,does not need to root using this method. YOU ARE ALREADY ROOTED. Why use this?? :)

Step 1 : Download Ministro II.apk provided below and install it. Let it update and get what it needs.

Step 2 : Download poot.apk listed below and start it. Click "press here to poot"..it happens almost instantaneously. Probably wont notice much except the log output.

Step 3 : Click "get superuser". This will open google play store to download superuser. If play store doesnt load it correctly,stalls,or just goes to default play store home screen,type superuser in search prompt and it will provide the superuser download page. Install superuser,open it and move to the info tab click tap for updates and let it update,depending on your connection you may get a fail. Dont worry try it again. Superuser should update the binary for su and you are pretty much done. You can download root check if you like from play store to verify. Or you can use the poot built-in root check. screen shot is provided below to show you the output for a successful root. After root enjoy and if you meet giantpune on android forums or here. thank this individual for providing this extremely simple root method. Trust me,using the other root methods vs this is a task. So a thank you would be deserved.

i use this method i have the guide to put the clockwork mod recovery on tht phone

Federico Mendoza

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi im new to this rooting stuff and i followed the instructions all went perfect but i forgot to click on get super user and now when i try to poot or root it says sorry a deamon was found and i dont know what to do plzz help

Mike Millsap

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
delete crappy stock apps that came on the phone, have access to certain apps you otherwise wouldnt, in general if you dont know whether or not you want to root your phone than you probably wouldnt have much use for it.

Tenzin Wangchuk

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello mr king.. Great article btw.. Easy to follow, but I'm stuck.. I'm on poot and clicked on " press here to poot" and I got this response...
[-] can't get a handle on it: -1 Permission denied

A demon materialized while pooting. Error code:18
Su binary was not written..

Can you explain and assist me with this problem or anyone who has come to a halt with this message. And btw I enabled the debug

cujo676

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Thank you this saved me a lot of trouble & headaches! This was by far the easiest way I have ever rooted and it worked the first time. Althoug I had to use opera browser the stock one wouldn't download them for some reason thaks to you for posting and the developer!!!

Last edited:

cujo676

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I know your posst is a bit old but go with the elite I had the V and the elite though not much better has a few things the v does not so it is worth it

MML84

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Dude the elite is ten thousand times better than the v, what are you talking about? I just had a v, and I can honestly say this elite is 10,000 times better.

Terrico Curtis Jr

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
First off this method was created by giantpune of android forums and I take no credit. This method is listed as beta for the time being but as far as I can tell it works fine. Ive used it on my optimus elite without issue as have many other elite owners. But for the sake of saying so,what you do with your device is up to you. If you brick it not following the guide (with this method I do not see how you could..but anything is possible), you are responsible.

Prerequisites : New elite owners should update their device with the LG update before rooting. This will prevent the need to re-root after update. Users who have rooted with any other root method who have returned to stock root using the jcase root method should update using the LG update to prevent the need to reroot after update. Otherwise anyone using any other root method including jcase method,does not need to root using this method. YOU ARE ALREADY ROOTED. Why use this?? :)

Step 1 : Download Ministro II.apk provided below and install it. Let it update and get what it needs.

Step 2 : Download poot.apk listed below and start it. Click "press here to poot"..it happens almost instantaneously. Probably wont notice much except the log output.

Step 3 : Click "get superuser". This will open google play store to download superuser. If play store doesnt load it correctly,stalls,or just goes to default play store home screen,type superuser in search prompt and it will provide the superuser download page. Install superuser,open it and move to the info tab click tap for updates and let it update,depending on your connection you may get a fail. Dont worry try it again. Superuser should update the binary for su and you are pretty much done. You can download root check if you like from play store to verify. Or you can use the poot built-in root check. screen shot is provided below to show you the output for a successful root. After root enjoy and if you meet giantpune on android forums or here. thank this individual for providing this extremely simple root method. Trust me,using the other root methods vs this is a task. So a thank you would be deserved.