Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Default Re: Unbricking your VM or Sprint Elite phone using official tools and dll and bin files

I am, when i go to download the file it wont extract, says its either unknown file type or broken. I have all of the file types check in winrar
    And the LGE ports do not show up either. Idk if my phone is bricked but i downloaded the Beats audio installer and it installed a driver then it made me reboot so now it doesnt go past the boot LG screen. Ive tried the reset and all that.. No luck

Default Re: Unbricking your VM or Sprint Elite phone using official tools and dll and bin files

That's exactly what happened to me what do I do !!! I just got this phone :0

Thank you for posting this! I was trying to help a friend with rooting his LG Optimus Elite while at work. Needless to say that I am still at work a couple hours past close because the POOT ROOT had the phone in download mode after rebooting. Extremely lame.

Thanks for this information. I was your instructions were a little better to understand for someone that has no idea about a few of those steps. ^_^

Hey I just messed up my phone and am trying to follow your directions but I'm completely lost and could use your help

NEVERMIND after a couple of hours I got it to work!! Thanks!!

Having some trouble getting the LGTools exe to launch. I've put the file on my c:, but getting an error when trying to run as an administrator. A side by side error... any thoughts?

Best,
    Rich
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Quote Originally Posted by Linoleum View Post
    Having some trouble getting the LGTools exe to launch. I've put the file on my c:, but getting an error when trying to run as an administrator. A side by side error... any thoughts?

Best,
    Rich
    install this it will fix side by side https://www.dropbox.com/s/baw2aoerst...1.2.45.921.zip
    then follow the guide and you will be good too go
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here

You, sir, are an effing BEAST! TY!!!!
    tommyjoesanders likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

OP Updated with All new download link DEV-HOST Server.
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

Any virgin mobile users have any issues unbricking there device. I got someone saying that my method or software didn't work. Please chime in and let me know please.

any ideo why my Pc will not read my phone?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Updated OP with a minor change with the guide

Quote Originally Posted by tommyjoesanders View Post
    install this it will fix side by side https://www.dropbox.com/s/baw2aoerst...1.2.45.921.zip
    then follow the guide and you will be good too go
    I downloaded that and got another error saying "LG USB/Parallel Lock Key is not detected!!" and then asking me to login with some ID and password. Help?

It did fix the side by side error, I just need an ID and Password. Otherwise it said "Authorization Failed!"

Nevermind, I didn't copy over the other LGFlashTool.exe right, it wasn't the offline one. Thanks for the tool! Came in handy so many times on a different comp, weird that it didn't work on this one lol

Hello, i am following your instrcutions and flashing my optimus elite Virgin Mobile but it never passes 98%
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

Quote Originally Posted by Cesar Zevada View Post
    Hello, i am following your instrcutions and flashing my optimus elite Virgin Mobile but it never passes 98%
    If your phone rebooted after it showed 98 percent and says download fail. It's all good. Sometimes It does that.

the link isnt working and i need it bad
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

Quote Originally Posted by sanzjose View Post
    the link isnt working and i need it bad
    the links are working. checked them on 2/20/13 at 454pm EST

I've tried flashing my virgin mobile lg OE about 8-10 times now and each time It gets to 98% and gives me a download fail message. Log says: Error WM_PROGRESS_MSG, We can't communicate with specific port, FAIL. Phone does not reset and is still stuck in download mode. Any ideas?
    Last edited by everythingevil; 02-24-2013 at 02:14 AM.

Flash was successful after a few more tries, not really sure what the issue was. Thank you for the helpful thread.

ROM
    Stock Android 2.3.7

Worked like a charm after a bit of tweaking, com 41 wouldnt do it for me so i set it back to com 8 which is what win7 had it set to by default and it started and flashed just fine. Kudo's Good Sir.

please help me. I am able to use the flash tool com41 is working for the flashtool . The tool issues a reset at around 78%. after that my phone goes for a boot loop.
    The tool hover progresses to 98 % and my phone is boot looping multiple times. at around 98 % i get an error . Could you please help in sorting this out
    boot loop as I use it here implies that my phone shows the LG screen and after a few secs reboots. Please help.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

Quote Originally Posted by mu mankad View Post
    please help me. I am able to use the flash tool com41 is working for the flashtool . The tool issues a reset at around 78%. after that my phone goes for a boot loop.
    The tool hover progresses to 98 % and my phone is boot looping multiple times. at around 98 % i get an error . Could you please help in sorting this out
    boot loop as I use it here implies that my phone shows the LG screen and after a few secs reboots. Please help.
    Just do a factory reset using the combo buttons and wipe data/cache
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  

Due to funding. will no longer be able too pull any LG Software or Firmware when My license will expire with LG on March 20th, 2013 at 12:01 am
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast