Unbricking your VM or Sprint Elite phone using official tools and dll and bin files

wahesit

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Im having some dificulty getting my windows to reconize my usb port for my LG OPTIMUS. it wont let that option become available.flip side to this i backed up all my oem apps onto my pc. And performed factory reset, and downloded the VM Optimus elite, recovery zip onto the sd and attempted to flash it that way, and it got me to my lock screen.i pressed off button and home, of course it told me i have no apps...so what is ur feed back? Thanks for the time u spend helping.

tykez8970

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey tommyjoesanders,
First, I wanted to thank you for your help in all this dilemma, and also I wanted to ask you where you got your experience from? More so, how did you come to learn about this stuff?

thank you for all your help,
Ty Kez

tykez8970

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded extract to C drive then open up Lg tool with admin then it asked for some filles a DLL and S/W file but you did not specify which they were in the zip that contained 3 that were called csmg_reg_key.dll, LGVM696_20120507_LGFLASHv141.dll, and MegaLock.dll please tell me which go where thank you, because after I selected which ones I thought were the correct ones I then plugged in my phone to the usb selected port 1 and started it then it just said, "READY" and stopped there please help! How long is this suppose to take and when should I know that the flash has completed successfully.

tykez8970

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
update:

I got the download to fire and start going for the DLL i put the LGMv696_20120507_LGFLASHv141 dll and fore the s/w i put the VM696ZV4 file and had to pull the phone and replug but when i replugged the download started working but the download failed and right now I am low on battery unplugged from the computer and charger on just a regular home charger so far this method seems to be working. Cheers kernel Sanders!

Jon Brown

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Unbricking your VM or Sprint Elite phone using official tools and dll and cab files

Took a lot of time yet you don't know when to use to vs too. These android moders are a sad bunch. Guess wannabe coders got to do something

mishkin310

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Everythings worked great til opening the lg flash tool in admin...im able to do so, but when it opens, it takes me to a screen that says "Model Config" and i dont see anywhere to "select dll and bin"! All i see four buttons on the top right of the window. The first button is only "....", the second says "add" the third says "remove" and fourth says "remove all". I see the action, connection, and equipment mode boxes and below that, theres a box u can check to "enable xml log", and FINALLY below that is another "...." button! Idk wtf to do and is tripn me out! Lol plz help and THANK U SO MUCH

ajws7036

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
All files in zip are officially from LG (DLL,BIN,LG FLASH Tools)

I have a new method how too flash your bricked phone back to factory stock. This flash is the LG Official firmware. This flash will wipe out everything and correctly flash prl,stock recovery,all partition. So let the get the ball rolling and lets hopefully get your phone back too fully working. Please follow all steps no short cutting, or altering files may cause issues with hardware and software too your phone. Please make sure you can get your phone in download mode before doing anything else.

Directions - Please read them carefully

1. Please make sure you have your LG Drivers installed before you start this process

2. Please download this file from this link provided
Sprint Users download this zip - Dev-Host - Sprint.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
Virgin Mobile Users download this zip - Dev-Host - VirginMobileUSA.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
Sprint Only LS696ZVF download this zip - Dev-Host - Sprint_LS696ZVF.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
3. When the download is complete. Please open the zip folder and you will see a folder inside the zip called LG. take the LG folder and move it too C: drive

4. Please have at least 60 percent battery or more and put the phone in download mode. too get the phone in download mode. Please hold both volume buttons and plug in your usb cord into the phone
5. Now go too your device manager and look for your com ports and find your LGE Android USB Serial Port. Now double click it and look for advance and then click it. now we have too change the com port too 41. when you are done press ok and close it out.

6. Unplug your usb connection from phone and leave phone in download mode.

7. Now open your windows explorer go to C:\LG\LGFLASHTOOL and look for the filename LGFLASHTOOL and right click it and run as admin.

8. The program will open up. Now we need too program the LG Flashtool Software with Official LG DLL and Firmware and Comm Port

9. Go to port settings in the LG FlashTool program and select port 1 only. and please ok.

10. now we need too go too model settings in LG FlashTool and we need too select dll and bin files. I know it will show that we show the bin and dll already setup. But we too remove them and re add them. So do that now by choosing manual mode. and then select your dll and bin and then make sure your action mode is on upgrade DL and Connection Mode is on USB. once all that is correct. Press OK Box

11. Now we are ready too flash the phone.

12. too start the flash you will press the arrow on the top left side of LG FlashTool and begin the process when you press the arrow go ahead and plug in your device to the usb cable and the program will begin flashing the device . Please don't let your desktop or laptop cutoff during the process. Please do not remove phone from usb until the phone boots up for the first time. then unplug the phone and close out LG FlashTool. Now just do a factory data wipe in your settings and your good too go

13. Good Luck and hope this guide will help you and please show me so love and click the thanks button. I busted my hump too get these programs.

Notes- If your phone doesn't start the flash after pressing the arrow. just unplug the phone the download mode will stay on and replug in the usb port you used and within a few seconds it will begin.

Notes- Please use windows explorer too unzip the file so you can see LG folder too copy too c: drive of your pc. also once the phone reboots for the first time you can unplug the phone. also if you remember your msl number please do a ##786# enter your MSL so you will have a fresh voice and data.
If I want to convert my Virgin mobile Elite to sprint, Can I flash the Sprint rom? or will this result in a brick.

lattie40

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
why isnt my computer recognizing my device?
All files in zip are officially from LG (DLL,BIN,LG FLASH Tools)

I have a new method how too flash your bricked phone back to factory stock. This flash is the LG Official firmware. This flash will wipe out everything and correctly flash prl,stock recovery,all partition. So let the get the ball rolling and lets hopefully get your phone back too fully working. Please follow all steps no short cutting, or altering files may cause issues with hardware and software too your phone. Please make sure you can get your phone in download mode before doing anything else.

Directions - Please read them carefully

1. Please make sure you have your LG Drivers installed before you start this process

2. Please download this file from this link provided
Sprint Users download this zip - Dev-Host - Sprint.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
Virgin Mobile Users download this zip - Dev-Host - VirginMobileUSA.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
Sprint Only LS696ZVF download this zip - Dev-Host - Sprint_LS696ZVF.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
3. When the download is complete. Please open the zip folder and you will see a folder inside the zip called LG. take the LG folder and move it too C: drive

4. Please have at least 60 percent battery or more and put the phone in download mode. too get the phone in download mode. Please hold both volume buttons and plug in your usb cord into the phone
5. Now go too your device manager and look for your com ports and find your LGE Android USB Serial Port. Now double click it and look for advance and then click it. now we have too change the com port too 41. when you are done press ok and close it out.

6. Unplug your usb connection from phone and leave phone in download mode.

7. Now open your windows explorer go to C:\LG\LGFLASHTOOL and look for the filename LGFLASHTOOL and right click it and run as admin.

8. The program will open up. Now we need too program the LG Flashtool Software with Official LG DLL and Firmware and Comm Port

9. Go to port settings in the LG FlashTool program and select port 1 only. and please ok.

10. now we need too go too model settings in LG FlashTool and we need too select dll and bin files. I know it will show that we show the bin and dll already setup. But we too remove them and re add them. So do that now by choosing manual mode. and then select your dll and bin and then make sure your action mode is on upgrade DL and Connection Mode is on USB. once all that is correct. Press OK Box

11. Now we are ready too flash the phone.

12. too start the flash you will press the arrow on the top left side of LG FlashTool and begin the process when you press the arrow go ahead and plug in your device to the usb cable and the program will begin flashing the device . Please don't let your desktop or laptop cutoff during the process. Please do not remove phone from usb until the phone boots up for the first time. then unplug the phone and close out LG FlashTool. Now just do a factory data wipe in your settings and your good too go

13. Good Luck and hope this guide will help you and please show me so love and click the thanks button. I busted my hump too get these programs.

Notes- If your phone doesn't start the flash after pressing the arrow. just unplug the phone the download mode will stay on and replug in the usb port you used and within a few seconds it will begin.

Notes- Please use windows explorer too unzip the file so you can see LG folder too copy too c: drive of your pc. also once the phone reboots for the first time you can unplug the phone. also if you remember your msl number please do a ##786# enter your MSL so you will have a fresh voice and data.

Dudefoxlive

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
i know this post is a few years old but my friend gave me a phone to fix. if you can guess what phone it is the phone in this post. i followed all the steps to unbrick the phone but after everything went through it said failed and it stayed at the LG logo for a long time. soon after i pulled the battery and not the phone does nothing. i can think the battery might be dead so i am letting it change but i dont think that it is charging. if you can please help me with this because i would like to fix this phone for a friend.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie