Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default BEWARE of ROM MAnager with Optimus Elite!

I should say "Don't make the mistake of lying to ROM Manager about which Optimus phone you have." I did that and my phone is permanently on this screen that says "download in progress, do not disconnect cable..." I should have known that the Optimus Elite is not supported by ROM Manager when I didn't see it in the list of phones to pick from. But instead I just picked the Optimus V 5 or something like that. Once I turned my phone off and back on, uh oh....
    Anywayz, this is just a post for the purpose of letting you all know that once you root your phone, be very careful about making stupid mistakes, or even just por choices like I did. I'm gonna go try to exchange it at Bestbuy in hopes I don't have to buy a new phone. Wish me luck!
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Default Re: BEWARE of ROM MAnager with Optimus Elite!

Quote Originally Posted by troubletime View Post
    I should say "Don't make the mistake of lying to ROM Manager about which Optimus phone you have." I did that and my phone is permanently on this screen that says "download in progress, do not disconnect cable..." I should have known that the Optimus Elite is not supported by ROM Manager when I didn't see it in the list of phones to pick from. But instead I just picked the Optimus V 5 or something like that. Once I turned my phone off and back on, uh oh....
    Anywayz, this is just a post for the purpose of letting you all know that once you root your phone, be very careful about making stupid mistakes, or even just por choices like I did. I'm gonna go try to exchange it at Bestbuy in hopes I don't have to buy a new phone. Wish me luck!
    Assumption of the risk, unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by troubletime View Post
    You may have been able to use lg download to flash the correct rom. Although thats assuming you had your msl.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Didn't have MSL. Used poot and that all seemed to go just fine. Even got CWM Recovery installed and successfully backed up the phone. Anywayz, took it back to Bestbuy yesterday and they exchanged it for a new one, no hassles. I'll be proceeding more cautiously this time....

Wish i would have saw this earlier. :P
    But i just exchanged it like you.

yeah, i just manually installed CWM. there's a great tutorial at http://androidforums.com/elite-all-t...mus-elite.html for doing this on optimus elites. i thought about lying to ROM Manager but decided against it. glad i did
    Last edited by Patrick Schroedl; 03-19-2013 at 07:55 PM.

Red face Re: BEWARE of ROM MAnager with Optimus Elite!

This is fixable. I did the same thing.