- 2 Posts
BEWARE of ROM MAnager with Optimus Elite!
I should say "Don't make the mistake of lying to ROM Manager about which Optimus phone you have." I did that and my phone is permanently on this screen that says "download in progress, do not disconnect cable..." I should have known that the Optimus Elite is not supported by ROM Manager when I didn't see it in the list of phones to pick from. But instead I just picked the Optimus V 5 or something like that. Once I turned my phone off and back on, uh oh....
Anywayz, this is just a post for the purpose of letting you all know that once you root your phone, be very careful about making stupid mistakes, or even just por choices like I did. I'm gonna go try to exchange it at Bestbuy in hopes I don't have to buy a new phone. Wish me luck!
- 10-15-2012, 04:30 PM #2Retired Moderator
- 10,876 Posts
- 10-16-2012, 04:07 AM #3
- 2 Posts
Re: BEWARE of ROM MAnager with Optimus Elite!
Didn't have MSL. Used poot and that all seemed to go just fine. Even got CWM Recovery installed and successfully backed up the phone. Anywayz, took it back to Bestbuy yesterday and they exchanged it for a new one, no hassles. I'll be proceeding more cautiously this time....
- 02-17-2013, 07:34 PM #5
- 03-19-2013, 07:26 PM #6
- By xxkmanxx in forum Rezound Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 15Last Post: 02-22-2012, 06:56 AM
- By 00_wrath_00 in forum Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 19Last Post: 06-06-2011, 06:15 PM
- By mjbelknap in forum Epic 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 02-15-2011, 11:53 AM
- By SheWolf88pr in forum LG Optimus SReplies: 5Last Post: 12-30-2010, 01:13 PM
- By MowDownJoe in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 6Last Post: 11-13-2010, 05:02 PM