Device not compatible

kgjohnsjr

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I am getting the "device is not compatible with the version" for pretty much every app all of the sudden on Google Play...any idea what is going on!

Sent from my Rooted LG-VM696 using Android Central Forums

kgjohnsjr

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Figured it out....went through all of the Google apps on my phone, cleared cache and data files for all, and uninstalled updates for Google Play.

Seemed to have solved the issue

Sent from my Rooted LG-VM696 using Android Central Forums

kgjohnsjr

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
This happened AGAIN!!!

I think it may be from changing the lcd density but not sure. Changed it back but no luck.

Any ideas what's going on?.....please help

Sent from my rooted LG-VM696 using Android Central Forums

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
An LCD density change will cause this error even if you go back.

Go into Settings > Applications, click Google Play store, clear cache, data, and uninstall updates
Do the same thing with Google Services Framework

Reboot, then re-add your Google account and let the Play Store re-update. That should fix it.

This Device is not compatible with the app.

This issue is caused mainly due to change on DPI. If you've changed the DPI, then revert it back to the original one. Next, clear the data and cache of the Play Store (Market) application. If possible uninstall the updates. Then, Force Stop it and reboot the device once. Next, reinstall the Play Store (Market) application. Now, change the DPI:):):)

Koos Jaspers

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
NO problem !!
Do the following steps:
1. Download the installation file from WhatsApp for Android to your PC
2. Connect your phone to the PC with the usb cable
3. Copy the installation file whatsapp.apk to the whatsapp directory of your phone
4. Disconnect the cable
5. Go to the whatsapp dir of your phone. If you do not have an app that can do this download it from play store for free. The simplest is APK Installer or else ASTRO file/cloud manager.
6. Make sure that your phone allows installing of non-market apps
7. Simply click whatsapp.apk using the apk installer

Behold: Now your device is suddenly compatible with the new version !!

Adrianna Pages

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I have just bought two RCA 7inch tablets from Walmart. with dual core processor and 8gb storage. when i went to download the Game of war app it said the device is not compatible. How do i fix this.? Or should i get another tablet. Both the tablets i bought have the same issue. The OS is meets the minimum requirements so I don't know why it wont let us download the app.....??

Erick Leiton

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Install Market Helper and change your Phone Name to newest model. This will solve your issue.

Hi, I've had the same issue with a tablet that I reset to factory defaults: after that many apps I had are reported as not compatible.

What's that Market Helper? Where do I get it from?

Tashia Bell

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
I have just bought two RCA 7inch tablets from Walmart. with dual core processor and 8gb storage. when i went to download the Game of war app it said the device is not compatible. How do i fix this.? Or should i get another tablet. Both the tablets i bought have the same issue. The OS is meets the minimum requirements so I don't know why it wont let us download the app.....??

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance