Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Default Re: [ROM][BETA] CM9 for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 06/26/2013

im enjoying this rom so far. thanks for getting the camera working. one issue, when i touch the screen anywhere the soft keys light up. how do i turn this off? its slaughtering my battery.

I am in desperate need of a fix, for some reason my phone is now no longer receiving any out side signals (wifi, 3g, mobile) the wifi simply wont turn on and it says i have no service.Also on start up it says that "Android.phone" has stopped working. I really need this for by tomorrow.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

Updated.

People having good luck with this? Any "reviews" of this firmware (stability, unexpected operations, etc) would be great since I'm about ready to take the dive with my phone.

thx army

How do I install apps? Like Play Store doesn't even show up.
    ok ignore this nevermind.
    Last edited by radicruel; 09-22-2013 at 08:10 PM. Reason: i'm blind

WOW! thanks!! I new to root'n and Roms . So far it's awesome!! I'm having an issues downloading and sending MMS messages, is there something I need to install or do different? It just hangs at either sending or downloading and never sends or downloads. Other then that I think everything is running great!
    thanks
    Thanked by:

Would you be able to help me a little phenomx4? I am going to be working on porting a rom to this phone but I have a few questions I need answered to do this. The main question is if you would happen to know of any phones that have the same screen resolution that have the newest android available for it. I have found a good guide in porting roms: from what I read you need to have a base rom and a rom to port. The main thing is that you need to have the same resolutions for the phones. Also I think it needs to be the same cm version maybe. Or would it be easier for me to just develop a rom myself? I have looked into it and it seems like there is a lot of steps but none of the downloads for the tools are active and are all dead. I would just like to start to make some roms or port them and either just use it myself or ask permission to post a port on the forum. Either way would be fine with me it would just help me fill some of my free time from not having a job.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  

Quote Originally Posted by willmon22 View Post
    Would you be able to help me a little phenomx4? I am going to be working on porting a rom to this phone but I have a few questions I need answered to do this. The main question is if you would happen to know of any phones that have the same screen resolution that have the newest android available for it. I have found a good guide in porting roms: from what I read you need to have a base rom and a rom to port. The main thing is that you need to have the same resolutions for the phones. Also I think it needs to be the same cm version maybe. Or would it be easier for me to just develop a rom myself? I have looked into it and it seems like there is a lot of steps but none of the downloads for the tools are active and are all dead. I would just like to start to make some roms or port them and either just use it myself or ask permission to post a port on the forum. Either way would be fine with me it would just help me fill some of my free time from not having a job.
    I would ask kenharky instead since he does what you're trying to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by reburg99 View Post
    WOW! thanks!! I new to root'n and Roms . So far it's awesome!! I'm having an issues downloading and sending MMS messages, is there something I need to install or do different? It just hangs at either sending or downloading and never sends or downloads. Other then that I think everything is running great!
    thanks
    MMS is kind of hit and miss at the moment but still working on it.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #59  

Updated
    Thanked by 3:
    armymartinez likes this.

Anyone else noticed a lag when the phone tries to tell you who the caller is? Basically, it sits there for a while just showing the number and then eventually it will show you who the contact is.

Most of the restarts I've experienced have happened either while, or after, playing music and switching to maps. Using maps also can cause trouble, usually while switching the screen off. Memory seems to be a huge issue, as there's just not enough.

Default Re: [ROM][BETA] CM9 for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 10/3/2013

Agreed. I have noticed that the issue I am having above is not as bad if you kill apps you are not using at the time.

Thanks for your time and effort in making this work on the epic. It is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Moore View Post
    im enjoying this rom so far. thanks for getting the camera working. one issue, when i touch the screen anywhere the soft keys light up. how do i turn this off? its slaughtering my battery.
    Settings>advanced - I think, every device does this that I have seen anyway.

apart from some apps that stop working often, this is great. thank you!

How much free memory does this version have on boot? My stock elite (rooted, some apps removed) starts out with 139MB free. That value is displayed in Settings / Storage / System Memory (at the bottom)

I keep getting status 7
    error how could i fix this btw im using sprint.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #68  

Quote Originally Posted by kourtlen allen View Post
    I keep getting status 7
    error how could i fix this btw im using sprint.
    Sounds like you need to redownload the rom and try again.

I used this for a couple of hours and it worked great, then i turned it on and tried to download an app from the play store (I'm guessing it's the gapps one...) and it say "no connection" so I hit retry and the same thing happened... The strange thing is the browser still works on Wifi and 3G. I've factory reset and reset my cache and installed them both in the right order again but still the same thing. I changed my time zone earlier but I dont know if that has anything to do with it because I changed it back to the correct time (EST). I've also reset my modem too. please help!!!!

First off, I'd like to say THANK YOU for this ROM! I feel like I have a brand new phone! While it's had a few issues here and there, overall it's been more satisfactory (and MUCH prettier) than the original system. It's also cleared a LOT of space and allowed me to install apps/games that previously were "incompatible" with my phone. I absolutely love the color scheme (it just happens to be my favorite color), animations, and menus. I've paired the ROM with GO Launcher and the "Blue Light" GO Locker Theme for an overall beautiful and smooth experience (see screens in link below). There are so many things I love about this ROM that it's hard to list them all, but here are a few: power menu options (especially screenshot & reboot), FAST boot speed, statusbar brightness control, drop-down controls (PlayerPro didn't have controls in the drop-down before, so I give you credit for that), and the "task manager" style menu (I'm not sure what it's called - the menu that appears when holding the Home key).

Now, to report a few minor bugs:
    • The default camera app occasionally gives the "cannot connect to camera" error & requires a reboot, although other camera apps work (but the CameraZOOM flash doesn't seem to work).
    • As previously reported by others, the phone seems to lag on incoming calls, sometimes only displaying the phone number, sometimes displaying nothing at all (but I usually screen my phone calls anyway).
    • The most recurring issue is the "not responding" error that seems to pop up within moments of opening many apps. It would be great if there was a toggle option for the time allowed before prompting to close/report program, or just an overall increase in delay.

[ROM][BETA] CM9 for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 10/3/2013-screenshot_2013-10-24-08-29-29.png

I've made an album of screenshots from my phone after installing this ROM (as well as GO Launcher & various other apps), in case anyone is interested in taking a look (I wish I could get a screen/video of the awesome boot animation):

Much Gratitude! ^_^

I'm fairly certain this means I did something wrong, but after installing the ROM and rebooting, my phone doesn't get past the loading screen - the snazzy one with CyanogenMod9 and all the teal lights on it. What did I do incorrectly so that I can go back and fix?

Thanks!

Update::

Nevermind that - got it all figured out and working now!
    Last edited by ThisIsMyShine; 11-10-2013 at 12:49 PM.

Hey Phenom! Thank you for such a brilliant rom. It's beautifully put together and runs very well. So far I have been enjoying it much more than the stock that came my LG.

Once I figured out what I'd got wrong and got everything loaded on the phone, things have been running without any issues or glitching all day for me. The only thing I can't seem to get to work is the web browser and gmail app. I know that the phone has working internet - the Google Play store works, my contacts from Gmail are synced, etc., and if I tab out of the browser pages it shows the webpage minimized - but when trying to use the web browser, the page is simply a blank white page with nothing loading - and gmail never seems to finish trying to sync my messages.

Ideas?

Other than that everything is stellar. And I love the panorama.

I have a question!! want you could help me install cm9 on my optimus elite, but I have a question: I'm from Mexico I bought the cell phone in the U.S., and unlocking it to use it here in mexico, my question is that if you change rom also remove the settings I had, it will return to block (lock)? PLIS Help Me!! I really want to change rom
    and the truth is almost no information to do so in this cell!!
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #74  

Quote Originally Posted by christylynn1978 View Post
    First off, I'd like to say THANK YOU for this ROM! I feel like I have a brand new phone! While it's had a few issues here and there, overall it's been more satisfactory (and MUCH prettier) than the original system. It's also cleared a LOT of space and allowed me to install apps/games that previously were "incompatible" with my phone. I absolutely love the color scheme (it just happens to be my favorite color), animations, and menus. I've paired the ROM with GO Launcher and the "Blue Light" GO Locker Theme for an overall beautiful and smooth experience (see screens in link below). There are so many things I love about this ROM that it's hard to list them all, but here are a few: power menu options (especially screenshot & reboot), FAST boot speed, statusbar brightness control, drop-down controls (PlayerPro didn't have controls in the drop-down before, so I give you credit for that), and the "task manager" style menu (I'm not sure what it's called - the menu that appears when holding the Home key).

Now, to report a few minor bugs:
    • The default camera app occasionally gives the "cannot connect to camera" error & requires a reboot, although other camera apps work (but the CameraZOOM flash doesn't seem to work).
    • As previously reported by others, the phone seems to lag on incoming calls, sometimes only displaying the phone number, sometimes displaying nothing at all (but I usually screen my phone calls anyway).
    • The most recurring issue is the "not responding" error that seems to pop up within moments of opening many apps. It would be great if there was a toggle option for the time allowed before prompting to close/report program, or just an overall increase in delay.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-10-24-08-29-29.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	90615

I've made an album of screenshots from my phone after installing this ROM (as well as GO Launcher & various other apps), in case anyone is interested in taking a look (I wish I could get a screen/video of the awesome boot animation):

Much Gratitude! ^_^
    Yeah, the camera needs some work but those other bugs seem fixed in AOKP JB/Jellybean.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsMyShine View Post
    Hey Phenom! Thank you for such a brilliant rom. It's beautifully put together and runs very well. So far I have been enjoying it much more than the stock that came my LG.

Once I figured out what I'd got wrong and got everything loaded on the phone, things have been running without any issues or glitching all day for me. The only thing I can't seem to get to work is the web browser and gmail app. I know that the phone has working internet - the Google Play store works, my contacts from Gmail are synced, etc., and if I tab out of the browser pages it shows the webpage minimized - but when trying to use the web browser, the page is simply a blank white page with nothing loading - and gmail never seems to finish trying to sync my messages.

Ideas?

Other than that everything is stellar. And I love the panorama.
    I recommend to use CM10 or AOKP JB because this white page bug is solve in jellybean and is a much faster rom than CM9 or AOKP ICS.
    Quote Originally Posted by aangbell View Post
    I have a question!! want you could help me install cm9 on my optimus elite, but I have a question: I'm from Mexico I bought the cell phone in the U.S., and unlocking it to use it here in mexico, my question is that if you change rom also remove the settings I had, it will return to block (lock)? PLIS Help Me!! I really want to change rom
    and the truth is almost no information to do so in this cell!!
    It shouldn't lock it.

if I could do it! Thank you very much for this amazing rom! Which easily overcomes the cell phone had Thanks
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast