Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree8Likes

Default Re: [ROM][BETA] CM9 for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 06/26/2013

first off, i flashed this yesterday, quite easy. very awesome. i have one question though, the elite had a function so that when you received a text or notification, the soft keys lit up. is this function still there? if so, how do you turn it on. again, brilliant work!

Quote Originally Posted by phenomx4 View Post
    Yeah, the camera needs some work but those other bugs seem fixed in AOKP JB/Jellybean.
    I hate to sound like a newb, but are you referring to the beta ROM here?
    [ROM][BETA][4.1.2] AOKP Jelly Bean for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 10/21/2013

I assumed that any updates to this ROM (or beta versions that could be better) would be posted in this forum, and this is the first mention of AOKP I've seen in this post... If you're saying that I should install that other ROM, will it overwrite the settings for this one? I love the way that I have my phone set up now (especially the color schemes, as I mentioned in my previous post), but I'd be willing to give the beta a try if it isn't going to cause too much chaos.

Also, I noticed that my SD card appears to be partitioned (or something) after installing this ROM. When I "move" apps to the "SD Card" they appear to go to a section of the SD Card labeled "Internal Storage," where I have much less space available than on the actual SD Card (note this is separate from "Phone Space"). The screenshot below is from Android Assistant, so I don't know if there is a glitch b/w that app & this ROM or if it has something to do with the way this ROM is configured. I'd love to actually have access to the 7 GB that is supposedly available on my SD Card, if possible. Please let me know if there is a setting somewhere that I can configure, or if this is just some sort of glitch.

[ROM][BETA] CM9 for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 10/3/2013-androidassistant_2013-11-21-09-36-13.jpg

Thanks again!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #78  

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Odom2 View Post
    first off, i flashed this yesterday, quite easy. very awesome. i have one question though, the elite had a function so that when you received a text or notification, the soft keys lit up. is this function still there? if so, how do you turn it on. again, brilliant work!
    Not currently. I was working on it but it's bugged to where it never stops blinking even when you checked or cleared the notifcation.
    Quote Originally Posted by christylynn1978 View Post
    I hate to sound like a newb, but are you referring to the beta ROM here?
    [ROM][BETA][4.1.2] AOKP Jelly Bean for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 10/21/2013

I assumed that any updates to this ROM (or beta versions that could be better) would be posted in this forum, and this is the first mention of AOKP I've seen in this post... If you're saying that I should install that other ROM, will it overwrite the settings for this one? I love the way that I have my phone set up now (especially the color schemes, as I mentioned in my previous post), but I'd be willing to give the beta a try if it isn't going to cause too much chaos.

Also, I noticed that my SD card appears to be partitioned (or something) after installing this ROM. When I "move" apps to the "SD Card" they appear to go to a section of the SD Card labeled "Internal Storage," where I have much less space available than on the actual SD Card (note this is separate from "Phone Space"). The screenshot below is from Android Assistant, so I don't know if there is a glitch b/w that app & this ROM or if it has something to do with the way this ROM is configured. I'd love to actually have access to the 7 GB that is supposedly available on my SD Card, if possible. Please let me know if there is a setting somewhere that I can configure, or if this is just some sort of glitch.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AndroidAssistant_2013-11-21-09-36-13.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	93201

Thanks again!
    Yes that's the rom I'm talking about. You should be able to flash AOKP JB without issues but it's recommended to make a backup of your current rom first and then flash AOKP JB. That way if issues come up, you can restore the phone back to the way it was before flashing AOKP JB.

The internal storage is 2GB of space emulated as a SD card and the real actual SD card is treated as a external sdcard meaning you couldn't use it for primary storage in stock but in CM9,CM10, and AOKP JB has the option to switch the internal storage and external storage if you wish to do so by going to Settings>Storage>Menu button>Storage configuration>and check the box. After that you will need to reboot the phone for it to take effect.

If you have more questions just ask.
    Thanked by:

Awesome! Thanks for the fast reply!

Hopefully I'll have time to flash the new ROM over the holidays... Sounds like it's just what my phone needs! ^_^

I recommend to use CM10 or AOKP JB because this white page bug is solve in jellybean and is a much faster rom than CM9 or AOKP ICS.
    Actually, it works just fine for me now. On a whim, I downloaded Chrome as my browser to use on the phone and for some reason that seemed to solve a bunch of the odd quirks I had going on - including this one with the white blank page for the web browser and gmail not completing its sync. So ... maybe that will work for others?

Will certainly take a look at CM10, though. For now just enjoying crusing about with this since it's the first time I've deviated from factory settings.

quick question, the oe has phone memory, and the "internal" memory........if i set it to save on the external sd card, does the phone memory stay the same? does it take back the internal memory? the what is it, 1.8G. or is there a way to format the phone memory to get rid of the partition? or am i asking too much? thank you in advance.

sorry phenomx4 what happens is that the voice memos I receive from whatsapp
    , Not heard, and tried many ways to solve it and nothing. Please, can fix it?

1. Wifi isn't working for me.
    2. On startup, as soon as I get to my lockscreen, I get an error that says "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped."
    3. Google Play store keeps saying I'm not logged into my Google profile, even though I am
    4. Phone isn't picking up data (it's not the 1x problem listed in the OP, I'm seriously getting no service everywhere I go)

Any clue on how to fix these problems?

EDIT: Nevermind, fixed it. Works great :3
    Last edited by simba7032; 12-19-2013 at 05:47 AM.

Default Re: [ROM][BETA] CM9 for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 10/3/2013

What is the most reliable cm9 rom link for the lg vm696

Default Re: [ROM][BETA] CM9 for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 10/3/2013

The only reason I still use cm9 instead of cm10 is because mine craft works better on it

Sent from my LG-VM696 using AC Forums mobile app

I've moved on and changed phones now but wanted to come back and give another big thanks to you Phenom for the work and upkeep you had with this and your thread. Thanks and for all the replies!
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #87  

Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsMyShine View Post
    I've moved on and changed phones now but wanted to come back and give another big thanks to you Phenom for the work and upkeep you had with this and your thread. Thanks and for all the replies!
    No problem. I haven;t used this in a while because it seemed dead and didn't seem to worth the time to post here. I use another forum to post my roms. I don't think I can post it here but you can google "optimus elite forum" and you can find that way. I have 4.1,4.2, and 4.4 roms there. Development is still alive for this phone but just not here. Just letting anyone who comes across this know.

ROM
    [TeamFC] MiuiAndroid

No problem. I haven;t used this in a while because it seemed dead and didn't seem to worth the time to post here. I use another forum to post my roms. I don't think I can post it here but you can google "optimus elite forum" and you can find that way. I have 4.1,4.2, and 4.4 roms there. Development is still alive for this phone but just not here. Just letting anyone who comes across this know.
    Yup activity is still strong with this phone, i'm going to be more active here on AC myself as well
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234