[ROM][BETA][4.1.2] AOKP Jelly Bean for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 10/21/2013

phenomx4

May 10, 2012
Visit site
This is a beta release of AOKP for the Optimus Elite so please don't expect this to be 100% stable. You may get random reboots and lockups or you may not. Before flashing this rom I recommend you make a NAND backup just in case.

AOKP_zpsd09b6e63.jpg

About: (taken from the aokp website.)

What is AOKP?

AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.
We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).
With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.

What works:

• Audio/speaker phone
  • Headset/headphones
  • Calls and texts
  • Touchscreen
  • Lights/brightness
  • Offline charging
  • External SD
  • Bluetooth
  • Wifi
  • Proximity sensor
  • Overclocking
  • Tethering using an app called "Wifi Tether for Root Users" from the play store with the settings used in F.A.Q below.
  • Mass storage
  • Camera (Finally)

What's partially working:

• Data (stuck on 1x but get 3g speeds. Currently setup to always show 3G)
  • NFC (NFC tags and google wallet are non-functional.)

What's not working:

• You tell me.

Issues:
  • you may have random reboots or lock ups or you may not.
  • Google Wallet doesn't work and opening it causes nfc to not work until you do a reboot. Will fix this soon.
  • There may be some graphic issues on apps such as Google Maps.

F.A.Q

Q. What settings do I use to get tethering to work?
A. Device-Profile: Generic ICS/JB (wlan0)
Change Setup-Method: WEXT (ad-hoc)
MSS clamping checked
Routing fix checked
[/B]

Want to report a issue you are having with the rom? Then use getlogs.
[APP] GetLogs - Get dmesg, logcat, radio, etc with one click! - xda-developers

Will update this post later

Change Log
Code:
10-21-2013

Fixed weather
Added option to swap internal and external memory cards.

10-20-2013

Initial release

Credits and thanks:
AOKP (link to website)
Cyanogenmod (link to website)
LG
Dorregaray (donation link)
G60madman
Downthemachine
Giantpune
Starkraving
Dev-Host
and everyone else I missed.

Gapps:
Dev-Host - gapps-jb-20121011-data.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Virgin Mobile:

Dev-Host - AOKPJBVMm3s-ota-eng.phenomx4(10-21-2013).zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Sprint:

Dev-Host - AOKPJBLSm3s-ota-eng.phenomx4(10-21-2013).zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Screenshots:

Comming Soon.

While donating is not required to use this rom it's always appreciated
Donations:

willmon22

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Well I found a few issues I thought I would bring up. One thing is that for google store it keeps giving a could not be downloaded due to an error. (Error retrieving information from server. [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]) And that is for the phones network and any wifi I can connect to. I have even tried updating the google play services manually and it didn't do anything just give the same error. The other thing is that I have a game and it says you need google play services for this game to work. So I got it manually like I said trying to get google store to work then after that I reopen the game and it says you need to update google play services to the latest version to play this game. Well I have found a work around for that you just press the back button twice and it gets rid of the error and the game plays fine. Other than this one issue that isn't a big deal is the technicolor graphics glitches when using the paranormal camera mode. And I said that to be funny I know it is panorama mode but I spelled it wrong. But why it isn't a big deal is it seems to compile the picture without the graphics glitches. I have had this same issue with my computer when playing videos and browsing the web. What I did to fix my computer was shut it off and turn it back on after half an hour to let it cool off and it never did it again. So I am assuming it was because my computer was overheated. But I think this is due to the camera overlapping over the current output. As I have found that when clicking delete this comes up over the delete message and you can't see it for a second and at the top of the screen it looks like the output of the camera with graphics glitches all over it except I could tell that it was the camera showing because when I moved the phone I could see the picture change. Well I hope this helps correcting this annoying issue that isn't exactly that big of a deal.

AdamGaskins

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
This works AMAZINGLY WELL! In fact, in my case it works better than Virgin's latest official release! Before this update my Optimus Elite had random reboots, horrible battery, MMS pics annd vids failed to send or download, data had a 50/50 chance of working when not on Wifi, I would miss calls and get voicemails without ever hearing a ring, and.... well, I think that's about it... but it was super ******* annoying and I did several wipes to fix these issues and installed apps to help battery time to no avail. I cannot thank you enough for this AMAZING INCREDIBLE MIND-BLOWINGLY GOOD Jellybean release! I have more of my phone functioning now than I did with the latest stock rom, so that's pretty ******* awesome in my book! I have zero problems now! I don't know what data being 'locked' to 1x really means in regards to what it was before, but downloads seem about the same speed they were for me, and I don't use Wallet or NFC, so I can't really comment on those... but everything else is flawless and it runs faster and smoother than before! Thank you sssssssssooooooooo much for this! Virgin needs to stop abandoning users and just start flashing this version of AOKP on every Optimus Elite! :) I'm overclocked to 1.2gHz right now, and I'm gonna see how high I can get it to go while remaining stable over the next few days - but right now it is rock solid and fast (I'm using smartassV2 and BFQ by the way, very happy with the results). Did I say thank you yet? THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

AdamGaskins

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
its ok for the most part it some time lags and themes chooser u might want to look at hadt to install some themes looks good tho

Mine was a bit laggy with default settings, but I use the 'noop' scheduler and 'smartassV2' govenor with great results at 1.8ghz (on Virgin OE, fyi). I've heard that ymmv from phone to phone, even exact same models, when it comes to OCing, so try 1.5gHz if 1.8 is too much. One youtube video guy even claimed he could OC his black OE to 1.8 no prob, but when he traded for the same one in white he could only run 1.2 stable... go figure. I'm experimenting with interactiveX/sio combo right now. I've noticed some minor lag, but things seem to happen a little faster (despite the slight initial lag). You may be surprised how much difference these settings make, so try experimenting!

roygibson

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
i have mine set to performance and deadline also have super charger on mine phone is a sprint still a lil lag but it works real fine i do have a lil lissue the settings dont stick on boot

Mine was a bit laggy with default settings, but I use the 'noop' scheduler and 'smartassV2' govenor with great results at 1.8ghz (on Virgin OE, fyi). I've heard that ymmv from phone to phone, even exact same models, when it comes to OCing, so try 1.5gHz if 1.8 is too much. One youtube video guy even claimed he could OC his black OE to 1.8 no prob, but when he traded for the same one in white he could only run 1.2 stable... go figure. I'm experimenting with interactiveX/sio combo right now. I've noticed some minor lag, but things seem to happen a little faster (despite the slight initial lag). You may be surprised how much difference these settings make, so try experimenting!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech