Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    [TeamFC] MiuiAndroid

Default [ROM][PORT] SlimBean 3.10 updated 1-21-14

This came about cause I just decided to take a break from Paranoid Android and looked to see what else I could port.

This is slim bean 3.1.0 based on jelly bean 4.1.2 and ported from the Optimus L7 using phenom's cm10 rom and includes the latest camera patch.

Thanks to:
    • Phenom for CM10 for the Elite
    • tudorsirb for the slim rom for the L7
    • The slim team
    • The cm team
    • google
    • and last but certainly not least, all of you
    # What Works:
    Everything that works in cm10

# What Doesn't Work:
    Slimbean ota (will likely never work, will try to remove the option in the future)
    Torch
    Whatever else that doesn't work in cm10

# Minor Annoyances:
    Shows 1x instead of 3g but still has 3g connectivity

Install instructions:
    • wipe data/factory reset
    • flash rom
    • flash slim-gapps
    • reboot
    • wait
    • Enjoy

If you are coming from a previous version of slimbean you do not have to do a full wipe, just wipe cache and dalvik cache and flash the new rom, if you are coming from any other rom a full wipe is recommended.
    Changelog:
    1-16-14 Initial release

1-17-14 Fixed storage to allow both emmc and sdcard to mount, removed boot to bootloader option

1-21-14 Small maintenance work, fixed torch and small graphical issues
    ## If you have any issues with the play store not updating use regular cm10 gapps

All Slim stuff is now here
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=12188

Here is the default slimbean wallpaper
    Thanked by:
    ajws7036 likes this.

Global Posts
    22,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: [ROM][PORT] SlimBean 3.10

Thanks for sharing. Love Slim!!!

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    [TeamFC] MiuiAndroid

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Love Slim!!!
    Your welcome, I'm hoping to have an update soon that fixes a few thing too, currently trying to fix up some other roms that need more attention atm

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk

Glad to see somebody is still supporting this phone
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    [TeamFC] MiuiAndroid

Support has never stopped. It just wasn't here

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Just installed it. The camera is missing...

I just installed this. Thank you so much for all of your work! This is an awesome ROM! I love the ability to customize the lock screen and I like the overall UI. I did have one question, I am having trouble playing media through a bluetooth headset. I can talk on the phone through bluetooth fine, but when I try to play Pandora or a video, it just plays through the phone. Is anyone else having that problem? I did not see where the CM10 issues are displayed so I was curious. I did a full wipe of all of the caches and the factory data reset. I am not sure if it is an issue from another ROM I installed or not. It did start when I had another ROM installed. I think it started the CM9 posted in these threads or Phenom's Jelly bean ROM. Thanks

Default Re: [ROM][PORT] SlimBean 3.10 updated 1-21-14

Thank you for this rom I flashed it yesterday and works great .I currently use the elite only as a backup phone my primary phone is a galaxy reverb. The question I have is do you think you could port this rom to the galaxy reverb ?

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk

First off thanks for the rom! Fast, smooth, and the coolest looking one I've tried so far. I noticed that my voicemail isn't working. anyone else have this problem? It could be something I did... not a big deal....probably get 1 voicemail a month:P When I call the voicemail it goes to a virgin mobile automated service but doesn't have a option for voicemail setup or anything. I tried long press #1 and *86 and get the same recording. I've only had your rom for a couple days and haven't noticed anything else, other than it's SWEET!

Installed 3 times and re-downloaded once, the VM696 stays loading at the Slimbean loading animation. This is the first ROM I've tried and I don't think it is going to work for me. Unless there is a bootlog I can access to show where the system init is hung up at.

I did a wipe/factory reset and it worked. I also did a wipe/factory reset before I flashed the slim zip.

Thanks for the port.

Cameras not working.
    Edit: Never mind it is. Just doesn't always connect the first time.

This mod breathed new life into what I thought was really crappy phone that I couldn't stand using. It's actually quite nice now.

It hasn't solved the problem of this phone being stuck in 1xrtt speeds(ongoing issue since day 1), but the performance is 100% better. I'm really impressed with this ROM.

I'm running into an issue. I'm new to this so if I'm missing something easy and obvious I apologize in advance. After getting the file on the SD card I couldn't get recovery to recognize the file unless I renamed it to update.zip. Once this was done I was able to start the install but I get a signature verification error and it aborts the installation. Screen shot included. Also, as the screenshot shows, I only go to the stock recovery screen. I installed ROM manager but I don't think it's working right. When I reboot to recovery from that software it just boots to the stock again. Any thoughts on what I'm missing?

[ROM][PORT] SlimBean 3.10 updated 1-21-14-failed.jpg

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by xerenx View Post
    This mod breathed new life into what I thought was really crappy phone that I couldn't stand using. It's actually quite nice now.

It hasn't solved the problem of this phone being stuck in 1xrtt speeds(ongoing issue since day 1), but the performance is 100% better. I'm really impressed with this ROM.
    The OP mentioned that you should still be getting normal 3G speeds, despite it showing 1X in the status bar

Posted via Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Beej30 View Post
    I'm running into an issue. I'm new to this so if I'm missing something easy and obvious I apologize in advance. After getting the file on the SD card I couldn't get recovery to recognize the file unless I renamed it to update.zip. Once this was done I was able to start the install but I get a signature verification error and it aborts the installation. Screen shot included. Also, as the screenshot shows, I only go to the stock recovery screen. I installed ROM manager but I don't think it's working right. When I reboot to recovery from that software it just boots to the stock again. Any thoughts on what I'm missing?
    You said you were using stock recovery? You need a custom one like TWRP or CWM in order to be able to install custom ROMs

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

But that's my problem, I'm running Rom Manager and it still comes up stock. TWRP is part of that. I'm think it's just not compatible. I'm going to try another app.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

But that's my problem, I'm running Rom Manager and it still comes up stock. TWRP is part of that. I'm think it's just not compatible. I'm going to try another app.
    ROM manager only works if you have TWRP installed. An app alone can't install the ROM

OK! Thank you, that makes sense now. I'll install TWRP and report back. Thanks for helping a first timer!

Thanks for getting me moving the right direction. I couldn't ever find a TWRP for Optimus Elite or for anything gingerbread. I finally found giantpune's CWM instructions and download and I'm finally off the stock recovery. Thanks to this great forum I'm running a better phone!

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Thanks for getting me moving the right direction. I couldn't ever find a TWRP for Optimus Elite or for anything gingerbread. I finally found giantpune's CWM instructions and download and I'm finally off the stock recovery. Thanks to this great forum I'm running a better phone!
    Cool. Glad I could help and that you're enjoying the phone

Hello, when i try to flash this rom onto my virgin mobile optimus elite, i get a symlinking error and it says status 7. What did i do wrong? I am trying to switch from aokp jb 4.1.2.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    The OP mentioned that you should still be getting normal 3G speeds, despite it showing 1X in the status bar

No, no. I meant the phone for whatever reason never goes into 3G mode unless I use "phone information" to force it to. Virgin Mobile sold me the phone this way, it's some bug in the baseband firmware or possibly a hardware defect.

I'm getting 'file not found' at the download link for the latest version. Is there any updated link? Thank you!

kenharkey7, I ended up finding the download over at http://androidforums.com/elite-all-t...21-14-a-2.html and got it installed with no issues. However, my wi-fi doesn't work now! Any suggestions on that? It will just sit at "Turning Wi-Fi On..." ROM looks great otherwise.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast