AOKP COMING IN A FEW HOURS!

]Using Quattrimus CM9 Nightly 7/16 and AOKP Nightly 7/15 for Update 6![
[UPDATE] AOKP is currently not working and I am trying to figure it out

CHANGELOG

• Added working Google Now
  • Updated SystemUI, Framework-Res
  • Removed Navigation bar
  • Cut down zip from 104Megabytes to 80Megabytes
  • Requires Custom Google Applications package- About 7Megabytes smaller in size
  • Slightly improved performance
  • Updated to Quattrimus Cyanogen Mod 9 Nightly July 16th 2012
  • Various other tweaks!

Hey guys! Today, I bring to you the ROM that I have been working on for the last few days. This is my first venture into actually editing android, aside from flashing ROMs and the like. Unless you live under a rock, pineapple, cardboard box, or the like, you have most likely heard about Android 4.1, also known as Jellybean!
jellybean1.jpeg

(Looks yummy, right! I sure think so!)

After reading and watching videos about this new OS, I did get excited, but how would someone like me- A young, ambitious, unskilled developer-wannabe get a brand new OS working on our elderly, AOSP unsupported ARMv6 Optimus V?

The next best thing- something we already have; Android 4.0.4 aka Ice Cream Sandwich!
I spent the next week schmoozing through the internet for files related to 4.1-Apps, Wallpapers, ROMs, anything I can find.

I ended up with this- a half way attempt to get CM9/AOKP to look and function a bit like Jellybean! Welcome to Vanillabean! (Vanillabean= A mixture of Ice Cream [Ice Cream Sandwich with Vanilla Ice Cream] and Jellybeans!)

[COLOR="Dim Gray"]>Included<
>Galaxy Nexus Android 4.1 BootAnimation
052.png

>Various Jellybean apps- Updated Gallery, Email, Calculator, Contacts, Market, etc. New apps: Currents, Google Ears, etc.
NOTE- Google Now (The new pretty search) is not included, I couldn't get it to work but I will try to have it by the next update!
>GOOGLE NOTE NOW INCLUDED AND FUNCTIONING ASIDE FROM VOICE
>Themed System UI, and Framework APKs by ANDROIDCUSTOMIZe on XDA-Developers. (I've had trouble decompiling/recompiling ICS's Framework-res.apk myself and could not edit them with as such. Ninjamorph editing sent me into a bootloop, also. As soon as I figure this out I'll add newer lockscreen and such bitmaps AND ill see if I can get the cool new Transition animations from Jellybean!)
>Updated Jellybean fonts
>Jellybean wallpapers! (All 12!)

>Bugs :(
>Nav bar in Lockscreen has no buttons until unlocked (or until the status bar is pulled down)
>Nav bar sometimes "cramps" screen as it takes up valuable screen real estate. Will try to disable it since we have working hard keys- Unless you guys want me to keep it in.

>As of Build 6 the Nav bar has been removed
>Status bar text color is still cyan/blue, not gray. Working on it.
>Possibly more, please note any you find in the comments!!!
>Lockscreen handle when pressed is a bit small
>Have not really edited build.prop. WIll figure out and fix.

Working
>Most things- Camera, Wifi, USB, 3G,

Not working
>Anything in Quattrimus.
Camcorder issues
Native Wifi Tethering, use Barnacle from Play Store
Full HW acceleration.

>Extras
If you want the Jellybean Keyboard with prediction, you can find it in the play store. Jellybean Keyboard!

Thank you to the following people!
Cyanogenmod- Kind of obvious, thanks for CM9!
Android Open Kang Team- Thanks for AOKP!
Google- For Android, and making Android a great, Open Source platform!
tdm- letting me use Quattrimus ICS as a base!
AndroidCustomize on Xda-developrs- Jellybean Themed SystemUI, Trebuchet, and Framework
Rukin5197- Porting guide, gave me a kick in the rear to maybe get started on some stuff

Many more on the internet for porting JB things to ICS, I'm sorry I cant mention all of you here. :([/COLOR]

Screenshots in Post 2, Upload link coming as soon as it uploads to mediafire!

Thanks for reading, hope you download and enjoy. PLEASE leave feedback for me and Thumbs up if you enjoyed this!

Edit-DOWNLOADS
VanillaBean_0.05 [OUTDATED]
VanillaBean_0.06c
GApps-VanillaBean 20120716

Last edited:

TauSigmaNova

Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!
Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][CyanogenMod9][WIP][THEMED]VanillaBean

Sorry about that, didn't know you were working on this too. No reason we can't have more than one, right?

I really didn't mean to upset anyone/piss anyone off with this project. D:

Reactions: Badboytoast

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I can take a look in the framework to disable the nav buttons or make them smaller to have more room for the screen and any other compiling/decompiling stuff you need help with just PM me.

Sent from my shole using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: Badboytoast

TauSigmaNova

Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!
Mar 14, 2012
Visit site

I can take a look in the framework to disable the nav buttons and any other compiling/decompiling stuff you need help with

Sent from my shole using Tapatalk 2

Thanks mate, I'll send you a PM concerning this :D

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Does this have offline voice prediction? I don't know what the name of that is, but I know 4.1 was supposed to have it, and I think that's by far the best thing about JB in relation to ICS.

TauSigmaNova

Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!
Mar 14, 2012
Visit site

Does this have offline voice prediction? I don't know what the name of that is, but I know 4.1 was supposed to have it, and I think that's by far the best thing about JB in relation to ICS.

No, I'm afraid that the one port of Google Now to ICS does NOT have voice because it's a lib or kernel specific thing in JB

gerbalblaste

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

Cool theme! Is there a way to remove the onscreen buttons? the OV is pretty cramped for screen real estate as it is and I don't want to clog it up even more.

TauSigmaNova

Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!
Mar 14, 2012
Visit site

@tau--- nice job... yet another testament to how we have the best dev community here!...
+1 for an aokp version... :)

Thanks Clod!

I think I'll get on it later today and I'll upload a build whenever I get one done or maybe when I roll out the next update for CM9!
Will make a poll on top for AOKP or not while im at it.
I mean, it shouldn't be too hard to do and all, but you know

diecastdonkey

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Should've named it "Bean Sandwich" :D :p great work, its much appreciated!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae