ARCHIVED: [ROM] Stock Virgin Mobile + Xionia Kernel (BETA 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevolutionRed

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
This is a really great ROM, I'm looking forward to installing it.

Would it be possible to add Ext4 support and assign UI rendering to the GPU. This might be a long stretch, but is GPU overclocking available also?

Graphics accelerated UI is already enabled, because there is simply no downside to it (unlike stagefright). You should notice smoother scrolling among other things. Ext4 support is a possibility, but I'll be honest, it's not on my priority list at the moment. I'm already two versions behind on Xionia (the current is 007, this rom uses 5), trying to get it to work on the V instead of the S, so that is top priority. Once I have kernel that works for the V that is fast without any (major) hacks, I'll probably revisit features. For now, I'm just following the feature set Xionia offers. As far as GPU overclocking.. I'm not sure about this. I'll have to dig around some more and see how the system is set up.

lakodathecat

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to share. Put on the Custom Recovery for Optimus V and flashed this rom. Works great past few hours. I can overclock using cpuset to 826, haven't tried higher. Here's some benchmarks

Quadent standard tests

before flash stock -- 460
after flash -- 455 (tests vary some)

overclocked to 806 with cpuset -- 572
overclocked to 826 with cpuset -- 593

In quadent while watching graphic tests the fps goes up ~60 to 90 %

I'm a happy camper....

Reactions: RevolutionRed

eggFuJON

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Switched over from after using RodimusROM for the past week. Seems a bit faster. Overclocking is a plus. Installed over the rom and didn't wipe. Everything seems nice and stable.
P.S. - I usually underclock to conserve battery. I guess since this is a whole different kernel, clocking at 480 makes it slow rather than okay when on stock kernel. So I'm running at 600.

RevolutionRed

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to share. Put on the Custom Recovery for Optimus V and flashed this rom. Works great past few hours. I can overclock using cpuset to 826, haven't tried higher. Here's some benchmarks

Quadent standard tests

before flash stock -- 460
after flash -- 455 (tests vary some)

overclocked to 806 with cpuset -- 572
overclocked to 826 with cpuset -- 593

In quadent while watching graphic tests the fps goes up ~60 to 90 %

I'm a happy camper....

Thanks for posting the benchmark scores. Would everyone mind posting Linpack scores? It's a little more stable than quadrant, and will help me get a feel for if tweaks are helping or hurting.

BillyBlanco

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
set overclock back up to 844 thanks to some advice from people on this thread... very stable... havent tried higher.

don't know how to read linepacks?! where do i find this

RevolutionRed

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
set overclock back up to 844 thanks to some advice from people on this thread... very stable... havent tried higher.

don't know how to read linepacks?! where do i find this

Search the google market for linpack. It's a benchmarking program. Start it up and hit run a few times and let us know what you find.

BillyBlanco

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I bought linpack pro and ran 5 benchmarks... here are the results.

one unrelated question:
i seen advive for good clockspeeds on here for low battery and high battery temp. what would be a good clock speed for screen off? i set it to 320-245... is this okay?

RevolutionRed

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I bought linpack pro and ran 5 benchmarks... here are the results.

one unrelated question:
i seen advive for good clockspeeds on here for low battery and high battery temp. what would be a good clock speed for screen off? i set it to 320-245... is this okay?

10 is quite fast for this phone. As far as screen off, you'll have to try some different numbers and see what works best for you. I personally have my phone set to 122, but some people report that their phones have a hard time waking up when it's set that low. 245 is the default speed, so you're definitely safe there.

BillyBlanco

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
im glad my phone is running fast... i am even running the droid x eye (boot animation) live wallpaper which is VERY demanding... made my stock optimus v all glitchy.. even the reviews bash it... the fact is... it looks awesome... it pretty much MAKES my phone in my opinion. with this rom and kernal nothing seems to faze my phone not even the wallpaper.

ill set it to 245-245 then... i tried 122 and it was very sluggish at startup... if battery becomes a prob i may change to it anyways.

r00t

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Graphics accelerated UI is already enabled, because there is simply no downside to it (unlike stagefright). You should notice smoother scrolling among other things. Ext4 support is a possibility, but I'll be honest, it's not on my priority list at the moment. I'm already two versions behind on Xionia (the current is 007, this rom uses 5), trying to get it to work on the V instead of the S, so that is top priority. Once I have kernel that works for the V that is fast without any (major) hacks, I'll probably revisit features. For now, I'm just following the feature set Xionia offers. As far as GPU overclocking.. I'm not sure about this. I'll have to dig around some more and see how the system is set up.

Oh great, I did notice the rendering improved a lot. The fonts are a lot more smoother, so this might be the GPU's doing? That's fine, take your time. I know it's a lot of work, I just thought ext4 would also give a noticeable performance boost. Thanks for this really awesome mod!

Lenoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
The rom installs the Xionia kernel, no need to install it

You need to install a custom recovery then you can flash custom roms in recovery mode.

The thread to install custom recovery is here.

r00t

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Linpack @ 825MHz:

9.84 :MFLOPS
8.52 :Time
5.68 :Norm Res
2.22 :precision

This is at 825 MHz, for some reason stress testing, Linpack, or Quandrant makes 844 MHz unstable, causing the device to reboot. However on regular use 844 MHz runs OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.