Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 14 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Quote Originally Posted by ashton4life View Post
    Hello, Does this new updated 20110326 Rom have MMS working now? In Romrepo it's marked as yes. Can anyone confirm?

Nevermind my bad, I was looking at the HTC info instead of the V. The answer is no it doesnt work. My outgoing MMS died on mine a few days ago too. Too bad!

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM7

I would be the first on to say it's impossible to get more than 24 hours on a single charge on this rom, but I have achieved it. I'm going 12th hours with 76% with moderate to heavy use. My secret? Use Tasker to disable 3G once screen is off and to turn it back on when screen is unlocked. I don't have it set to turn on when screen turns on because sometimes I turn my screen on to check the time. So that would be pointless. Try it guys.

[ Sent from an LG Optimus V ]

Carrier
    AOSPCmod 7 2.3.3

delete

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by whyaphoenix View Post
    I successfully sent about 10 MMS messages using GO SMS over the last 3 days.

Havent received any, but i got confirmation that the ones I sent worked
    Ya, sending mms works bro. You must be confused lol.

Yes my MMS send worked for a little while then it died for some reason. I dont know why. Kinda sux!

Quote Originally Posted by dEris View Post
    I would be the first on to say it's impossible to get more than 24 hours on a single charge on this rom, but I have achieved it. I'm going 12th hours with 76% with moderate to heavy use. My secret? Use Tasker to disable 3G once screen is off and to turn it back on when screen is unlocked. I don't have it set to turn on when screen turns on because sometimes I turn my screen on to check the time. So that would be pointless. Try it guys.

I was doing this since the day I bought the phone and it made a huge difference. Now I have this ROM. Today I used it for 9 hours taking lots pics at the fair and surfing at times and had 75% left when I got home! Cutting off 3G is the best way to get the most life out of your battery. Regarding turning your phone on to check the time, as long as you dont unlock it the 3G will not come on if you set 3G ON only when unlocking phone with Tasker. You can see the time in the phone lock screen.

As some have noticed this Rom drains the heck out of the battery in WiFi. My phone gets pretty hot too. I know its normal to warm up but the drain is pretty fast. I go from 100% to 90% in 30-40 mins of WiFi regardless if I am downloading or surfing, it just has to be on. I hope some fix comes out for this because 2.2 wasnt that bad.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM7

As some have noticed this Rom drains the heck out of the battery in WiFi. My phone gets pretty hot too. I know its normal to warm up but the drain is pretty fast. I go from 100% to 90% in 30-40 mins of WiFi regardless if I am downloading or surfing, it just has to be on. I hope some fix comes out for this because 2.2 wasnt that bad.
    It's odd too because having Wifi turn off when screen shuts off is a built in Android feature and it shouldn't eat up the battery. It should mirror what disabling 3G does... to an extent. Odd!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #333  

It's odd too because having Wifi turn off when screen shuts off is a built in Android feature and it shouldn't eat up the battery. It should mirror what disabling 3G does... to an extent. Odd!
    You can off 3G with power control widget or notification widget as well. Data on in bad service area = death of battery.

No my Wifi stays on when screen locks unless I was to add it in Tasker same as my 3G shut off. I was just commenting it uses alot more battery then 3G especially on GB, alot more then Froyo.

Quote Originally Posted by dburg View Post
    You can off 3G with power control widget or notification widget as well. Data on in bad service area = death of battery.

I know, I had that before but I kept leaving it on so the auto on and off in Tasker really helps. I can always disable Tasker when I want it to stay on while in screen lock mode, Like when I am wifi tethering. It all works perfect, i cant complain at all.

How do you downgrade to a 2.2 rom, and change the recovery on this. Everytime i try, it sends me to a blue fastboot screen instead of the recovery i was tryin to instal...

Carrier
    MIUI

http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...-features.html Not sure how to post the nicer looking links but this thread a bit below this one tells you how to flash a new recovery, really easy. going back to 2.2 just takes flashing a 2.2 rom just like the one you flashed to get to this one.

Carrier
    aospmod recent

Thought there was supposed to be a new release tonight at midnight?

I think he meant Pacific time...
    Daydream Believer

Carrier
    Victorious

At midnite, it becomes April Fools Day. I hope that doesn't apply here!
    Liquidplacidity likes this.

what happen to other color in theme changer? I like the blue one in ZCM7

Default WIFI Keep Alive

No my Wifi stays on when screen locks unless I was to add it in Tasker same as my 3G shut off. I was just commenting it uses alot more battery then 3G especially on GB, alot more then Froyo.
    I use the program "WIFI Keep Alive" from the market. It lets you choose what the wifi does, I.e. stay on with screen off, go off with screen off, or stay on only on power plug. It works great and saves me a ton of battery. Last night I used it and before I go to bed I would lose like 20%. I only lost 5% with this enabled.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #343  

Quote Originally Posted by radiotecha1234 View Post
    I use the program "WIFI Keep Alive" from the market. It lets you choose what the wifi does, I.e. stay on with screen off, go off with screen off, or stay on only on power plug. It works great and saves me a ton of battery. Last night I used it and before I go to bed I would lose like 20%. I only lost 5% with this enabled.
    This is a built in feature of android. Goto Wi-fi Settings...Menu...advanced...wifi sleep policy
    denshigomi likes this.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #344  

Quote Originally Posted by silverhawknike View Post
    what happen to other color in theme changer? I like the blue one in ZCM7
    took out to keep file size down. Download CyanbreadX from the market.
    silverhawknike likes this.

i have a question. so far i loving both roms ZCM7 and AOSP CM7 too but i prefer to have stable rom so do you know where to get Gingerbread blue keyboard?

I need a ROM God to get full MMS working on this! PLEASE!!!

Carrier
    AOSPCmod 7 2.3.3

delete

Bluetooth seems to have more problems then just the headset. I cant get it to pair with my windows 7 desktop bluetooth. The passkey numbers are different and Bluesoleil doesnt let me change it. I guess bluetooth is pretty useless with this ROM. ?

Bluetooth worked fine on this rom when transfering files to another phone
    ashton4life likes this.

Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Some arrogant a-holes

I need a ROM God to get full MMS working on this! PLEASE!!!
    This has been addressed so many times.
    Posting you need a rom god to get it working might make you feel better, but in reality its just filling the thread with more drivel.

First off the way Virgin sends mms is almost at pentagon encryption levels. Some of the best devs have took a crack at it and walked away scratching their heads. Its a very proprietary method and nobody wants to spend the amount of time required.
    Second if you need mms soooooooooooo bad the best bet is to go back to a stock rom. Otherwise tell people to email you the pictures and funny messages at your email. It is pretty much the only way right now.
Page 14 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast