ARCHIVED: [ROM+Kernel] ~*~ Bumblebee 2.4 ~*~ (6/25/2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Just installed the latest version (full wipe 1.15). Love that option. Saves me from doing it myself, lol.

Flashed rom
Flashed data2ext zip
Booted up
Setup ext4 partition and activated data2ext
Rebooted
Reinstalled Titanium Backup via adb
Restored Titanium Backup (App+data)

All is well. Was up and running within 10-minutes. Does not get much better then that.

Last edited:

AZImmortal

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I just wanted to give big props to obijohn for this great ROM. I was only using the Bumblebee kernel until I decided to switch to the ROM last night, and my battery life so far has been much improved. Time will tell if this keeps up, but so far, I'm very impressed.

I should mention that Google Talk was one of the removed apps, but I couldn't find it in the Market. I ended up downloading the apk elsewhere, but maybe Talk shouldn't be one of the removed apps?

sd_matto

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Just testing this ROM out for the first time (longtime user of AOSP). I like what I am seeing so far.

I happen to be one of those lucky few who has an Optimus V stable at 864 MHz. Rather than install SetCPU, is there some manual tweak that I can do to one of the files on this ROM to have the range from 600-825MHz (battery optimal range, from what I have gathered in reading threads)?

Thanks for letting me know.

sd_matto

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
A couple of quick comments/questions.

I like the included Tether app; complements my purchased EasyTether Pro (with USB tethering) nicely. Is the Tether app a full-infrastructure WiFi tethering app, or just an ad-hoc WiFi tethering app? And, to round out the possibilities re: tethering, is there a BT PAN/DUN tethering app available for use with your ROM (desired by me for fact that it has much lower power requirements than WiFi tethering)?

The soundback/talkback/kickback applications are NOT the latest available from the market. Don't know if you want to update them in your next ROM version, but I did so on my phone.

Also, in this ROM, the /data partition seems awfully full, and I am wondering if this might have to do with fact that dalvik cache has not been move to the /cache partition. If that is the case, do you have plans to move the dalvik cache to the /cache partition? And, regardless of whether you do, care to point me to how to do so (both for my Optimus V, and for me to try on my LG Thrive (ATT)) (I have searched, and cannot find a definitive answer on how to do so)?

Thanks again, and great ROM (so far).

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I know it is bad to do system reset from within the rom, why dont all rooted roms remove that function? Is it possible?

AZImmortal

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site

I like the included Tether app; complements my purchased EasyTether Pro (with USB tethering) nicely. Is the Tether app a full-infrastructure WiFi tethering app, or just an ad-hoc WiFi tethering app? And, to round out the possibilities re: tethering, is there a BT PAN/DUN tethering app available for use with your ROM (desired by me for fact that it has much lower power requirements than WiFi tethering)?

The soundback/talkback/kickback applications are NOT the latest available from the market. Don't know if you want to update them in your next ROM version, but I did so on my phone.

Also, in this ROM, the /data partition seems awfully full, and I am wondering if this might have to do with fact that dalvik cache has not been move to the /cache partition. If that is the case, do you have plans to move the dalvik cache to the /cache partition? And, regardless of whether you do, care to point me to how to do so (both for my Optimus V, and for me to try on my LG Thrive (ATT)) (I have searched, and cannot find a definitive answer on how to do so)?

Just wanted to chime in on two things:

1) Tethering is infrastructure mode.
2) obijohn can probably elaborate on this, but I'm pretty sure that the Soundback/Talkback/Kickback included are little more than placeholders.

Reactions: sd_matto

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to chime in on two things:

1) Tethering is infrastructure mode.
2) obijohn can probably elaborate on this, but I'm pretty sure that the Soundback/Talkback/Kickback included are little more than placeholders.

No, they do work. Turn them on under Settings->Accessibility (they're disabled until you turn on the top Accessibility checkbox).

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

As mentioned already, wifi tethering is infrastructure mode. I haven't looked into the BT tethering. All the functionality is there, I'll take a look.
Thanks, I'll update them for the next release.

I've been looking into this but I haven't found a good all-around solution yet. One problem is that just about any setup for it will get hosed if the use wipes data and/or cache in recovery (if they wipe data, it wipes the link or bind mount, if they wipe cache, the link or bind will not point to anything when the phone boots) resulting in boot loops and other nasties.

Since Bumblebee has init.d support enabled by default, I've been playing around with some possibilities. I'm not satisfied yet, but when/if I am, it'll be included or offered as a flash option.

Reactions: sd_matto

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
hmm I dont know if this is an isolated case or not, but when I toggle off usb debug mode, the usb mode did not come on as usb storage....in version 1.15. I had to flash on other rom

sd_matto

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
The "full wipe" install zip is now stripped down to an update zip that only wipes (but wipes good).

Does the "wiper" zip use Edify or Amend scripting? Just wondering if it is compatible for use with the ClockwordMod recovery.

Great job on the ROM, btw. Now all I have to do is figure out how to move the dalvik cache to /cache (in order to free up more room in /data for apps), and this ROM will be perfect (for me). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy