ARCHIVED: Scott Pilgrim ROM for OV (CM7 Gingerbread, Zefie Edition) [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Scott Pilgrim ROM for OV (CM7 Gingerbread, Zefie Edition) [WI

Isn't it interesting that the people in the AOSP camp forced the bumblebee Dev into revealing source on 6-25-2011 and yet a simple fix for this ROM which would be some source code probably will not materialize.

Not sure what makes you think anyone in the "AOSP camp" forced anything. It is XDA's policy for posting at XDA. But then, very few follow the TOS of forums anyway. ;)

If anyone with development experience spent a bit of time in IRC, you could probably get help, that's where pretty much all the dev's for Android meet up and share.

Of course, saying please and thank you go a long way, rather than complaints and rude remarks about people you don't even know.

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

If you really want to flash aosp stop trying to use clockwork mod and rom manager. Download the zip and use xionia. Either the .4 or .6 work great and and will flash all the roms for the V.

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
If you really want to flash aosp stop trying to use clockwork mod and rom manager. Download the zip and use xionia. Either the .4 or .6 work great and and will flash all the roms for the V.

That's what I'm gonna try tonight. My terminal emulator isn't working right, so I can't flash xionia with it. I just gotta figure out adb.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
just letting everyone know, i flashed this rom on my optimus v, along with gapps, the sprint-to-ov.zip in the zefie port thread for optimus v, and the optimus v key swap in the xionia kernel thread and i was surprised to find that my mms works!
Found this post by someone in optimus s ath3nos cm7 thread.
But if it does work then the question is why would it work with that and not zefie's?

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

That''s strange, have you tried it out yourself? If it does work, then the missing VM mms stuff must be built into the rom already. All the Sprint-to-ov zip does is:
  • Change the mms app to the VM one.
  • Fixes the IP address and port to send mms'es.
  • Fixes the build.prop.
  • Fixes the labeling of the network to "Virgin Mobile"
  • Swaps the home and menu keys to match the VM based kernels.

This does not seem to be enough for Zefei's rom. Not sure why it would work on a different S rom.

nba

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

it actually does work tho, i found it strange, i expected it to be broken

nba

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

I flashed it today and I haven't found anything wrong with it yet, although I haven't tried Bluetooth since I don't use it. Also everything from CyanogenMod is updated and includes more settings. Even the camera works, auto focus and zoom.

nba

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

remember to download the other zips and flash them in the order i posted...also i recommend wiping everything to make sure everything works.

Raul720

May 7, 2011
Visit site

I flashed it today and I haven't found anything wrong with it yet, although I haven't tried Bluetooth since I don't use it. Also everything from CyanogenMod is updated and includes more settings. Even the camera works, auto focus and zoom.

could you explain a bit more.

nba

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

what do you want to know specifically? i can check for you.

nba

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

I used the unofficial cm7 rom in the optimus s forums...then i flashed the gapps, then the sprint-to-ov.zip in the first post of this thread, then the optimus v key swap.zip, which i found in the xionia kernel ported to optimus v thread. i wiped everything first and flashed the zip files in that order.

Raul720

May 7, 2011
Visit site

I used the unofficial cm7 rom in the optimus s forums...then i flashed the gapps, then the sprint-to-ov.zip in the first post of this thread, then the optimus v key swap.zip, which i found in the xionia kernel ported to optimus v thread. i wiped everything first and flashed the zip files in that order.

ok thanks im going to try that.

Edit: mms does seem to work for me.

Last edited:

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Just got it all loaded up. Worked just fine. Mms working thus far. So this is aosp's current cm7 with xionia's kernal? That's what my settings say anyway.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

So what your saying is there is a full functioning aosp mod on this "scott pilgrem" thread, but not the aosp thread? That's funny

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
So what your saying is there is a full functioning aosp mod on this "scott pilgrem" thread, but not the aosp thread? That's funny

I guess so, lol. I tried flashing aosp over and over, but it would never work. Unless something goofed up, this is aospCMod running on the xionia14 kernel. Working great so far. Oh, how I missed cm7.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Can anyone confirm that bluetooth and headsets work with this method?

nba

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

from what i read in the optimus s thread, i think those are the last remaining issues with the rom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC