[RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.2 (latest update: 06/24/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Team Hydro presents....
Cannibal Open Touch v1.2 for LG Optimus V

About Cannibal Open Touch
Cannibal Open Touch is the next generation of custom recoveries. Jam-packed with cool and useful features, it can handle just about anything you can throw at it. Features: 1) Support for both Edify and Amend scripting (flash Gingerbread and Froyo ROMS!) 2) Basic theme support 3) Get out of recovery boot loops 4) Touch screen button controls 5) Compatibility with Xionia nandroid backups 6) GooManager support 7) Internal e2fsprogs 8) Backported "retouch binaries" patch (thanks sblood86!) 9) Advanced Backup (we have Advanced Restore, so this only makes sense) 10) Delete old backups! Why the name Cannibal Open Touch? Because we can. The name also embodies everything that Cannibal Open Touch is. It is no longer just a variant of ClockworkMod Recovery, it is it's own recovery by itself. It combines features from ClockworkMod 5, Team UtterChaos's Sony Xperia recovery, AmonRa 3.0.6, Xionia Recovery and sblood86's custom recovery for the Amazon Kindle Fire. It has, effectively, cannibalized other recoveries.

[INFO]What to do when an error occurs:
DO NOT simply say "xxxx doesn't work" as that is very very unhelpful and will probably be ignored. Instead, post the recovery log! To grab a log when an error occurs, simply open a terminal (or command prompt if on Windows), "cd" to an easily accessible directory and execute:
Code:
adb pull /tmp/recovery.log
Paste the log as an attachment (don't paste the text inside, as it can be very long).[/INFO]
[INFO]Colorific Theme Engine:
The Colorific theme engine controls three main elements of the Cannibal Open Touch UI: menu highlight, touch buttons and background image. Because of certain limitations that have not been overcome at this time, the touch buttons only switch AFTER a reboot of recovery (that is, change theme THEN reboot recovery and you'll see the full theme change).[/INFO]
[INFO]OpenRecoveryScript:
OpenRecoveryScript was developed by TeamWin as an easy open-source way to install ROMs automatically using an Android app such as GooManager. We have added a couple of new features that make it a little more customizable.

1) Approval prompts when an OpenRecoveryScript script requests to wipe a partition. Default: enabled
2) You are now able to force reboots after processing an ORS script. Default: reboots are not forced

To change the default behavior of these two features, see this post.[/INFO]
Flashing Instructions
1) Make sure USB Debugging is ON and that you have ADB access 2) Download the Cannibal Open Touch image 3) Place the recovery image on your SD Card. 4) Fire up an ADB shell 5) Make sure you are in a root shell. If you are not, execute the "su" command now. 6) Execute "flash_image recovery /path/to/recovery.img" (replace /path/to/recovery.img with the ACTUAL path to the recovery image) 6a) If you get a "command not found" error with the above command, STOP! Download flash_image (mirror), extract flash_image from the ZIP that you just downloaded (and copy it to the top level of your sd card, and follow the first three commands in the Xionia Recovery instructions. Once you have flash_image installed, do step 6 again. 7) Reboot to recovery mode 8) PROFIT!

Already have a custom recovery?
1) Download the ZIP installer from the downloads below 2) Reboot to recovery 3) Flash the ZIP installer as you would a ROM or Kernel (that is, flash it from recovery) 4) PROFIT!

Main Recovery Screenshots
Cannibal_main.png
Cannibal_installzip.png
Cannibal_nandroid.png
Cannibal_nandroid_advancedbackup.png
Cannibal_nandroid_deleteold.png
Cannibal_mounts.png
Cannibal_advanced.png
Cannibal_debugging.png

Available Themes
HydroTheme.png
BloodRedTheme.png
KeyLimeTheme.png
CitrusOrange.png
DooderbuttTheme.png

Download Cannibal Open Touch v1.2
[WARN]Warning: Due to major core changes in the Nandroid software, any Nandroid backup made with CWMT Recovery 5.0.2.7-th7 will not be able to be restored with any other version of this or any other recovery. Please make a fresh backup immediately after flashing Cannibal Open Touch. Xionia backups should be unaffected.[/WARN] By clicking any of the below links you agree that you are flashing this recovery image at your own risk. Neither myself, Team Hydro, nor anyone but yourself are responsible for any problems that may occur before, during or after flashing this recovery image. You also agree that this recovery image is to be flashed ONLY on the LG Optimus V, and not any of the other LG Optimus variants. Download | Mirror | Alternate ZIP installer

Known Issues
None!

Changelog
v1.2: Advanced backup, nandroid backup prompt on installing ZIP package, nandroid backup fail on low space, delete old backups, now flashes all ROMs v1.1: ORS patches, Advanced menu reorganization, retouch patches, internal e2fsprogs, fixed sd-ext restores v1.0.8: Fixed signature verification, now enabled by default v1.0.7: Fixed OpenRecoveryScript support v1.0.6: Enabled OpenRecoveryScript (GooManager) support (broken) v1.0.5: Fixed vertial touchscreen boundaries v1.0.4: Fixed "power off" menu item v1.0.3: Fixed "file not found" error v1.0.2: Colorific theme engine updates v1.0.1: Fix build.prop to workaround CyanogenMod's erroneous use of asserts. v1.0: Initial release! Previous versions: CWMT Recovery 5.0.2.7-th8.1

Source
Want to see what we're working on? Follow the bitbucket source repository! https://bitbucket.org/drewwalton19216801/cwmrecovery-teamhydro

Special Thanks
Koush The CyanogenMod Team All of Team Hydro Cory Streater, for tolerating (I hope) the Dooderbutt Jerry Hildenbrand and Beezy, for starting the Dooderbutt revolution AndroidCentral Team Utter Chaos, for the kick-ass touchscreen buttons sblood86, for the bomb-diggity color changer (original commit)

Last edited:

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Drew! I'll give it a shot later today. My nandroid backups are unreliable on my current recovery (ra gnm).

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.0.8 (sig verification FIXED

So we can't flash ics roms?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

This should flash everything that doesn't include a 3.y kernel; correct me if I am wrong but I believe ICS on the VM670 uses a 2.y kernel with the HWA functionality backported to it (same as the LS670) if this is the case this should flash everything so long as it uses amend or edify scripts (which is everything ;) ), someone feel free to correct me, like Drew I don't own this device.

drm1992

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
This should flash everything that doesn't include a 3.y kernel; correct me if I am wrong but I believe ICS on the VM670 uses a 2.y kernel with the HWA functionality backported to it (same as the LS670) if this is the case this should flash everything so long as it uses amend or edify scripts (which is everything ;) ), someone feel free to correct me, like Drew I don't own this device.

So u basically schooled me right now hahaha good to know ill give it a shot when I can.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I think I just found a new daily recovery! Thanks :D really like that hydro color!

Edit: do I still have to do number 6?
I installed the recovery through terminal emulator
Su
flash_image recovery /mnt/sdcard/name of the recovery.img
Reboot

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

For some reason it's not wanting to show up on the screen. I've downloaded the recovery twice now and flashed it through Flash GUI and Terminal. I can see it on Droid@Screen.

Does anyone else have the Hitachi screen with the recovery installed?

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
For some reason it's not wanting to show up on the screen. I've downloaded the recovery twice now and flashed it through Flash GUI and Terminal. I can see it on Droid@Screen.

Does anyone else have the Hitachi screen with the recovery installed?

Ugh, methinks a really old Optimus V kernel is still in the IHO repository. Fixing soon.

Reactions: Nate456

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

For now. Until either drew or I get around to making the ics kernel work on the OV/OS.

Reactions: Anonymo

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Just installed this. Looks nice, touch works, but I must admit I was expecting the menu items to be touchable. I haven't actually done a backup and restore yet, I'll do that soon.

Thanks again!

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

For now. Until either drew or I get around to making the ics kernel work on the OV/OS.

That's ok; cause that's what I made this for , just waiting on one of you :p

Edit: that is of course for the kindle but the retouch stuff is the same would just have to be imported and probably mutilated at least a touch to not break amend lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: tdm

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

My OV is weird. It shows the OS version just fine but when I install the OV version it doesn't show at all.

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

i can confirm ov v1.0.8 on hitachi showing as blank... tried via flashimagegui and terminal... both were successful but nothing shows... th7 works fine so ill stick with that for now... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.