[ROM][WIP][ICS] The Godzilla Rom - Tweaked And Themed CM9!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kubanekj

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I finally got time to try and reflash the rom. It seems to be working better now, but it still occasionally freezes up and reboots. But it is functioning much better than I previously noticed.

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Boot animation is a BEAST :D
First boot takes a good while, second boot is one of the fast I seen on ics!
Great job touch! :cool:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

jimlikesmayo

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I've been having nothing but issues with every CM9 rom out for the V currently. Obviously I understand that its still early in development and shouldn't even be running on armv6 but its odd that I am having issues when everyone else is saying how awesome and stable they all are haha. Reboots all the time (not just Godzilla but all CM9 variants) overheating, etc. Extremely frustrating because after playing with this rom for a while it seems friggin incredible.

dzdzjb

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I've been having nothing but issues with every CM9 rom out for the V currently. Obviously I understand that its still early in development and shouldn't even be running on armv6 but its odd that I am having issues when everyone else is saying how awesome and stable they all are haha. Reboots all the time (not just Godzilla but all CM9 variants) overheating, etc. Extremely frustrating because after playing with this rom for a while it seems friggin incredible.

Have you tried adjusting your overclock settings to 480 minimum and 600 maximum? Some people can get more out less without problems, but no matter what Rom I've tried, my phone overheats and has major stability issues if I try anything else.

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I noticed the panorama camera is still listed as not working. There is at least one free app that does work for this: 360. There are probably others, but that is a starting point.
I may have to try this out just for fun...

Reactions: torch2424

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, maybe an MD5? I seem to be having some problems installing Godzilla 2, would like to be able to verify my download.
Thanks

torch2424

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site

try experimenting with your performance settings, I didnt really understand the phrase "not every OV is the same" until I experimented with performance settings, if your rebooting ALL the time, you may want to lower them, or raise it, I suggest 787 or 800, as it works well for me, but see what works for you...especailly make sure you follow the EXACT instructions for wiping in the OP also :D

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Got Godzilla all up and running. Thanks for setting it up to load the apps on my sd-ext from Quattrimus; that makes changing to a new ROM sooooo much better.
This ROM does seem pretty snappy, so far everything has been very smooth.
Now to play around with some of the goodies...

dbacon84

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I tried this out for a bit last night and had a problem: I restored a couple apps w/ tibu (Handcent & Faster Than Light launcher). When I started each of them I got a pop up that said something like "sorry your app has been closed". I've gone back to mirage for now, but wondered if anyone might know why this was happening. It looks like a great ROM & I'd love to be able to use it, but I need FTL & Handcent.

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I tried this out for a bit last night and had a problem: I restored a couple apps w/ tibu (Handcent & Faster Than Light launcher). When I started each of them I got a pop up that said something like "sorry your app has been closed". I've gone back to mirage for now, but wondered if anyone might know why this was happening. It looks like a great ROM & I'd love to be able to use it, but I need FTL & Handcent.
I trust you let the ROM settle out for a while, and rebooted it a couple of times. That sometimes gets things working. Also, some apps are sensitive to the version of gapps, you might need to use the BobZ version.
TiBU has been pretty good on the restores, BeWeather got hosed on Godzilla but I was able to restore it and that fixed it.
If all else fails, try uninstalling it and re-installing it from PlayStore. That has fixed a few truculent ones.
I don't use either of those apps, so don't take my word for gospel. Just trying to help.

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
How to I make ext . On my SD card I noticed it has an option in my recovery. Will this work and if so will it erase my SD?

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
How to I make ext . On my SD card I noticed it has an option in my recovery. Will this work and if so will it erase my SD?

It works great, and yes it will erase everything on your sd card, so back it up to your computer first, because it reformats your card and wipes it clean

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
When I back up my SD card to computer how do I back it up in normal form as it appears on my phone I did a backup b4 and it created one folder called SD mmc and all my settings were messed up.

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Also I think I found a bug in the headphone jack. Tried to play music over auxiliary on stereo and heard no music

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey Torch can u please add a permissions manager like Jerry scripts backside iho thanks

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Does or doesn't the encrypt my phone setting work on this from ived tried it twice but I guess no luck.

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
When I back up my SD card to computer how do I back it up in normal form as it appears on my phone I did a backup b4 and it created one folder called SD mmc and all my settings were messed up.

I just did a backup to my PC. My procedure:
Turned phone off
Removed sd-card
Put sd-card in the adaptor that came with it
Put that in the MMC/SD slot in my PC.
A dialog box pops up with an option to open to view folders. Select that.
CTRL-A will select all folders.
You can now copy them to a location of your choice.
Probably easier ways, this works for me. ymmv.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

torch2424

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Updated OP with greatest ICS on the OV...Ever ;)

Many bugs and issues people have should be fixed, this rom is wayyy too good :D

EDIT: Also, sorry for lagging two days behind Bobz Update, I got stuck on trying to get transparent backgrounds in system Apps, and it just would not work for me :/ the guide I was using was: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1532027

if anyone is really good at themeing, and would like to help, please PM me? :) <3

Status
Not open for further replies.