[GUIDE] Unbrick ANY Soft Bricked Optimus V/Return to ZV5 Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
@Rick Unplug USB, pull battery, insert battery, plug in USB, DO NOT do the key combination to put it in e-mode only when it says to restart the second time.

Last edited:

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [GUIDE] Unbrick ANY Soft Bricked Optimus V/Return to ZV5 Stoc

my computer refuses to pick up the serial ports.

Reboot computer, reboot phone into recovery as well. If it doesn't detect it, then uninstall/reinstall drivers>reboot again. Did you check device manager?

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

Reboot computer, reboot phone into recovery as well. If it doesn't detect it, then uninstall/reinstall drivers>reboot again. Did you check device manager?

what would rebooting into recovery mode do? I need to get my spc code. and yeah I checked device manager, nothing.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

new problem, I got the SPC code and when I try registering the dll I get error 0x80020009.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

Google search returns nothing on this one...

ERROR: Unable to load [LGNPST_PortManager5.dll] Component Path = C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\Components5.0\LGNPST_PortManager5.dll Version = HR= 0x80004005

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Google search returns nothing on this one...

ERROR: Unable to load [LGNPST_PortManager5.dll] Component Path = C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\Components5.0\LGNPST_PortManager5.dll Version = HR= 0x80004005

I think you are missing admin permissions.....did you ever put a custom theme on windows?

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
A better idea, either enable admin profile or create a new one with admin rights, then uninstall and reinstall it all then reboot. Should work fine now.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I think you are missing admin permissions.....did you ever put a custom theme on windows?

No. And what's weird, I was running it as an admin and it didn't work, so I didn't run it as an admin and now I'm running stock zv4! I only did it because I felt like it haha.

EDIT: its my laptop, I'm the only user and I'm the admin on it.
Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
No. And what's weird, I was running it as an admin and it didn't work, so I didn't run it as an admin and now I'm running stock zv4! I only did it because I felt like it haha.

EDIT: its my laptop, I'm the only user and I'm the admin on it.
Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Yea but sometimes profiles get corrupt with windows .....

Sent from my Optimus V running Optimus S firmware on MetroPCS

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Yea but sometimes profiles get corrupt with windows .....

Not if you never use it.... doing this was the first time I've used windows since march. Lol.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

BlairFam07

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Hey Everyone this Is my first post. I have the LG OV it had factory baseband of ZV9. Well I did the rooting from Fourm instructions. Well after I did it there was not superuser app installed and Tibackup. Said the phone needed to be rooted first. So I figured that i did something wrong so I did the bit "no no" and hit factory reset from the Phone Menus. ( I only did it because it didnt seem like the root took) Well now I am in the dreaded CWM-based Recovery V4.0.1.5 Boot loop. I have been trying everything from the first post to the T. It goes through the first pop-up to unplug then replug usb. and the the second time its the one to unplug the usb pop the battery out and then try again and every time it goes through to the end and then it pops up again and this time it loads recovery so every time I wipe data/ factory reset and try again. I have been doing this all night.:'( I am now ready for some help please what might i be missing. I have also Tried uninstalling everything even drivers and then redownload all files and reinstall just to make sure. I am also running XP Pro so Its not a admin thing. Thank you all for the great help!:D

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Try the second post while in recovery mode, should work fine. To get the SPC don't reboot like how the video says, just stay in recovery mode.

Reactions: BlairFam07

BlairFam07

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Thank you do you know a good way to see the port that the phone uses on XP as it doesn't show up the same as the newer OS. Thank you again sorry if its a silly question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams