ARCHIVED: [ROM] RodimusROM v1.2.3 + xionia [4/3/11] All themes update

Status
Not open for further replies.

bknight99

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Hello all, I am very, painfully new to the world of Android (this opt v is my first) and I just have to say awesome job Mark! I was tired of the original theme and rom being slow so I searched and did my homework, and I am not sorry I picked the mighty Rodimus!!! My phone, with very minimal oc, smokes now thanks to your handy work! Keep it up!!!:cool:

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
just outa curiosity..what are you workin on for the next release?

Well at the time this was posted I was working on dalvik2cache but I had to give back my borrowed Optimus V :(

So to answer your question, I'm working on whatever you'll see in the next changelog :)

mmmark111, any chance on providing an MD5 checksum so I can verify that my download is correct? I want to make sure my problems aren't the result of a bad download.

Free MD5 Generators

I know how to generate an md5. But sadly, my original v1.2.3 has been modified and I don't store old versions locally. I hate to say it, but if you're still having issues, please download & flash again. If it's a persistent bug that you get, please PM me and I'll see what I can do (phoneless of course :( ). Next release will have an md5 though.

I am new to modding and tweaking phones but and was interested in how I can get a theme that I created in UOT kitchen to come to life on the phone. I created it and uploaded the framework-res.apk file from the rodimus theme that is currently on my phone, and it cooked up, so I tried to put it in the framework folder of ROMtools and hit 6 to push framework. It seems like all that did was wipe the dalvik cache because it took forever to boot up and nothing changed. Appreciate any advice anyone can give me.

Use the framework-res.apk from the ROM and not the one from a theme and it should work fine. Then flash the zip given from UOT kitchen. If you have any issues with font color, PM me.

Is there a bug with the gps? While im usimg it the screen will not timeout even when I press the off button?

Strange, but it seems to be unique to you. I really hate recommending this but try backing up your junk and re-downloading/flashing everything.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for not responding much. I just got promoted at work and the hours are pretty demanding. In addition to that I just joined a new band and am still at school full time. I'll have a phone soon enough though :)

(everyone that has PMed me, please be patient. I'll be responding soon enough :) )

Last edited:
Reactions: jmel

chelsearae5489

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
THANK YOU!!

My phone hasn't worked this good since...well ever! Thank you for giving me faith in a phone that was about to be smashed against my kitchen floor

iamsteveu2

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I'm still getting black text on black background on the latest versions of both Black & Blue and Black & White themes. Otherwise, loving this custom rom!

kofman13

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
im confused....where do i get CWMA...? i download romtools

and also i downloaded the rodimus rom zip file in the link, do i rename the zip to ROM? or do i extract it and then name the folder ROM?

EDIT: ok i figured out i just rename the zip....
now how about CWMA, where do i get it, where do i put it... in ROM TOOLS folder there is an .img file named recovery.. is that cwma??
EDIT AGAIN:.....ok so i found where to download CWMA but its TWO DIFFERENT .IMG FILES WHAT DO I DO LOL

Last edited:

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I'm still getting black text on black background on the latest versions of both Black & Blue and Black & White themes. Otherwise, loving this custom rom!

Which versions are you flashing? Only the most recent versions have the font fixed.

im confused....where do i get CWMA...? i download romtools

and also i downloaded the rodimus rom zip file in the link, do i rename the zip to ROM? or do i extract it and then name the folder ROM?

EDIT: ok i figured out i just rename the zip....
now how about CWMA, where do i get it, where do i put it... in ROM TOOLS folder there is an .img file named recovery.. is that cwma??
EDIT AGAIN:.....ok so i found where to download CWMA but its TWO DIFFERENT .IMG FILES WHAT DO I DO LOL

The image bundled is CWMA. Just rename it to vrecovery and you're all set.

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

iamsteveu2

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Which versions are you flashing? Only the most recent versions have the font fixed.

Flashing the latest versions that I downloaded from the first post, v3 of Black and Blue and v2 of Black and White.

EDIT: Tried to reflash both themes multiple times through recovery, but still getting the black text on black background for notifications. Also, I'm not getting the wallpapers seen in the preview images. I've checked in the wallpaper folder and don't see it there. I do, however, see your Rodimus wallpaper when I flash the original theme (v3).

Last edited:

kofman13

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
i flashed recovery.......
when i choose to flash rom in rom tools, my windows says driver not found or something. so i went back to romtools and pressed flash recovery (again) but this time chose install drivers, obtain root, and flash recov. then it said 1.exe could not be found 2.exe not found etc etc...
what do i do?
ok.... i tried flashing rom again while in recovery mode. it gave long message in rom tools for a second and somewhere i saw the word FAILED.. went back to main romtools menu, my phone rebooted now it has exclamation point and android robot on screen for 10 min aready

Last edited:

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
i flashed recovery.......
when i choose to flash rom in rom tools, my windows says driver not found or something. so i went back to romtools and pressed flash recovery (again) but this time chose install drivers, obtain root, and flash recov. then it said 1.exe could not be found 2.exe not found etc etc...
what do i do?

Start over from scratch and do exactly what this says from step 1: http://forum.androidcentral.com/opt...ks/73168-how-install-roms-your-new-phone.html

If you have issues installing, post it to that thread or the romtools thread. Once you have Rodimus installed, and you have rom related problems, post it here.

kofman13

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
ok sorry, but how do i get out of this screen with exclamation point. is it safe to?

:) I remember being there too and being confused as well. What you are seeing is a wallpaper. If it has nothing written on the screen and it's not doing anything at the moment, try pressing the buttons to see if a menu pops up. If it does, select reboot. If nothing pops up, select the reboot option from romtools while the usb cable is plugged in. If all else fails and you are sure that it isn't doing anything, pull the battery.

kofman13

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
ok i installed the rom so now i can post here again!, i installed rom from sd, rebooted out of recovery, it got past the LG logo, now it went to green android logo with animated circle ( i guess its rodimus boot animation). it has just stopped on that image for 10 min already.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781