Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Quote Originally Posted by mmarz View Post
    It means you are using the wrong recovery for this rom. Install and use this one instead: http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...-2518-6-a.html

If you need help installing a recovery, use this: http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...-features.html
    I'm having trouble getting romtools to do anything, do you have a certain procedure that is easy to follow? also, in some folders in the extracted folder, there are fake files that say "placeholder" do i need to replace these with anything?

Quote Originally Posted by stevetxbc View Post
    I'm having trouble getting romtools to do anything, do you have a certain procedure that is easy to follow? also, in some folders in the extracted folder, there are fake files that say "placeholder" do i need to replace these with anything?
    You need to put your phone into debug mode. Settings->Applications->Development. Make sure you installed the drivers for your phone. Get the drivers from the rooting tutorial at the top of this forum. Then plug in your phone to your PC using the USB cable. Run ROMTools.exe and you are good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by mmarz View Post
    You need to put your phone into debug mode. Settings->Applications->Development. Make sure you installed the drivers for your phone. Get the drivers from the rooting tutorial at the top of this forum. Then plug in your phone to your PC using the USB cable. Run ROMTools.exe and you are good to go.
    Thanks for all your help, your quick replies have been great. However adb for the win . romtools was confusing me, yes I have all the proper drivers, this is not the first custom rom/recovery I have flashed. I mainly needed a link to the recovery I needed, which you provided and for that I thank you.

is there a way to use adw in place of the stock dock on this rom, like in 2.3?

Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

Quote Originally Posted by stevetxbc View Post
    is there a way to use adw in place of the stock dock on this rom, like in 2.3?
    just install it. then make it the default.

One more time I can't plug in usb in debug after I installed this rom. I can get to the sdcard after I plug it in but can't use debug any ideal

Quote Originally Posted by Eollie View Post
    just install it. then make it the default.
    Well that could not have been any easier, thought i was going to have to input more adb commands, not just install an app. Thanks!

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Let me make correct, do i need to root it first or i can flash to this rom from stock? Is it easy to flash back to stock rom incase? My phone is activated. All i want to have more feature like o/c and keep away from battery drain.

The phone will be ROOTED after you flash to the new ROM. It is included in the ROM already. You just need to flash it.

You will flash your recovery menu then your ROM.

TeckOne you first run romtools to flash your recovery program on your phone, that's when you press "Home-volume down-power" but FIRST you need to look at the ROMtools folder on your computer, check that there is an image file called "recovery" it should be "vrecovery" if you have an Optimus V phone. Make sure to rename it to "vrecovery". (do not connect the phone to computer yet) After that, run ROMtools and on the cmd menu screen run option 2 "Flash recovery to phone" then option 1 if your phone is a "V". After that press option 1 and install the drivers. There will be 3 so just wait until its done. After the drivers install connect the phone to the computer until it is recognized, then the ROOT program "Superoneclick" will start, press SHELL ROOT then wait for confirmation. After it finished and you keep pressing any key it will reboot the phone into the NEW recovery screen that will allow you to flash ROM/recover/backup and many other things from and to your SD card.

(Just remember about the image file in the ROMtools folder and make sure it says "vrecovery" I guess it's if you have a Optimus V, donno all I know is that it would not work for me if I didn't.)
    Hope that helps,
    Last edited by ashton4life; 03-19-2011 at 09:50 PM.
    Thanked by:
    SM0k3 

ROM
    BACKside IHO CM 7.2

A big thanks to zefie for the Xionia kernel and RevolutionRed for this rom. No issues as of yet (one day of useage). Install went pretty smooth for a first timer.

Linpack scores:
    Oc'ed to 844.8

MFLOPS: 10.163
    Time: 8.25
    Norm Res: 5.68
    Precision: 2.220

ROM
    MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

I flashed this and now adfree doesn't work anymore...any ideas?

ROM
    aosp 2.3.3

Quote Originally Posted by ashton4life View Post
    The phone will be ROOTED after you flash to the new ROM. It is included in the ROM already. You just need to flash it.

You will flash your recovery menu then your ROM.

TeckOne you first run romtools to flash your recovery program on your phone, that's when you press "Home-volume down-power" but FIRST you need to look at the ROMtools folder on your computer, check that there is an image file called "recovery" it should be "vrecovery" if you have an Optimus V phone. Make sure to rename it to "vrecovery". (do not connect the phone to computer yet) After that, run ROMtools and on the cmd menu screen run option 2 "Flash recovery to phone" then option 1 if your phone is a "V". After that press option 1 and install the drivers. There will be 3 so just wait until its done. After the drivers install connect the phone to the computer until it is recognized, then the ROOT program "Superoneclick" will start, press SHELL ROOT then wait for confirmation. After it finished and you keep pressing any key it will reboot the phone into the NEW recovery screen that will allow you to flash ROM/recover/backup and many other things from and to your SD card.

(Just remember about the image file in the ROMtools folder and make sure it says "vrecovery" I guess it's if you have a Optimus V, donno all I know is that it would not work for me if I didn't.)
    Hope that helps,
    I was having trouble getting the custom recovery screen to flash but your post helped me out now I am sucessfully custom rom'ed. Thanks

ROM
    BACKside, TMU Bugless

I've got the rom flashed and I'm enjoying the speed boost, but now I don't seem to be able to receive any text messages. I can send just fine. I'm using GoSMS, but the problem continues whether I use Go, or stock Messaging. Any ideas where I should start my trouble shooting?

ROM
    BACKside, TMU Bugless

Talking

I think I have my texting issue fixed. I had rebooted the phone four or five times, but it didn't seem to help. Then I dropped it (by accident) and the battery popped out. After I put it back together it started receiving again. So the mojo seems to be to throw it to the ground. Hey, as long as it works....

By the way, thank you for a fabulous rom!

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    ROM
    Tried them all...

Quote Originally Posted by liebezeit View Post
    I flashed this and now adfree doesn't work anymore...any ideas?
    Uninstall then reinstall

I flashed this rom on top of the stock rom and everything seems to be working fine. Except screen scrolling seems to be slower than the stock. I have to increase the CPU scaling to 700+ to make it snappier than default.

The reason why I wanted to flash another ROM was support for ext3 or ext4. I remember there was an zip file update for clockwork to enable moving data to SD. Anybody have the link for that??

Hardly install any apps, but only have 30MB free. :-(

i had this same issue, and found that switching the cpu governor in setcpu to 'ondemand' instead of 'interactive' helped.

-joey

Quote Originally Posted by unkuser View Post
    I flashed this rom on top of the stock rom and everything seems to be working fine. Except screen scrolling seems to be slower than the stock. I have to increase the CPU scaling to 700+ to make it snappier than default.

The reason why I wanted to flash another ROM was support for ext3 or ext4. I remember there was an zip file update for clockwork to enable moving data to SD. Anybody have the link for that??

Quote Originally Posted by unkuser View Post
    I flashed this rom on top of the stock rom and everything seems to be working fine.
    Thats funny because as soon as I flashed the rom and booted up, I also was completely out of space.
    You would think that the removal of the bloat would have increased space.

I am also getting random reboots. The phone sits in sleep mode, but for some reason it partially wakes up by itself (screen pops up dim), then after about a minute it reboots.
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    Harmonia 3

By flashing over the old, you leave a lot of extra stuff.
    You have to wipe to get rid of it completely.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    ROM
    Harmonia 1.5E

Quote Originally Posted by spikey911 View Post
    Thats funny because as soon as I flashed the rom and booted up, I also was completely out of space.
    You would think that the removal of the bloat would have increased space.

I am also getting random reboots. The phone sits in sleep mode, but for some reason it partially wakes up by itself (screen pops up dim), then after about a minute it reboots.
    This happened to me when I first installed the ROM over stock. Wiping then installing created a lot more free space.

Now if only I could figure out how to stop my Optimus V from unmounting the SD card. Happens on this ROM, Stock, and Rodimus.
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Quote Originally Posted by xabbott View Post
    Now if only I could figure out how to stop my Optimus V from unmounting the SD card. Happens on this ROM, Stock, and Rodimus.
    Where did you format the card?
    What card?

I always advise formatting the card in the device you plan to use it in. Beyond that, it could be a bad card (or port) or incompatible card.

ROM
    BACKside, TMU Bugless

I've got a question. After flashing, the text notification sound is some (quite beautiful) violin music. It's set for the default "Android Beat Box" but that is no where near what I'm hearing. I really don't mind, as I like the music, but it still makes me curious. Any ideas as to what is going on?

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ath3nos CM7

So far it seems like everyone is having issues or bashing this rom, I think it's simple and gets down to the point, it's meant for speed, and it does just that, works beautifully, thank you.

Smile

This is my first android phone, so this is the first time I've rooted one and installed a custom rom. I haven't had any problems with it. I like it

This ROM is pretty sweet coming from the stock rooted virgin. Tried flashing the newer Kernel from zefie, 008, but it broke the accelerometer. This one fixes that but the charging bug sucks. Never had a problem charging the virgin stock. It was pretty amazing how fast the stock charged compared to all my previous Android phones. However with this ROM the phone barely charges at all.

I wiped everything before I flashed and pulling the battery doesn't fix it. I installed current widget and it shows 0mA while charging. If I turn on tether and plug in the phone it actually loses 1% every 30 minutes or so. Has anyone found any info on how to correct this yet?
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 101112131415 LastLast