ARCHIVED: [ROM] Stock Virgin Mobile + Xionia Kernel (BETA 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

denshigomi

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
if i do that but instead copy everything from my 8gb to a 16gb card (formatting the 16gb card in the phone then transferring everything from the backed up 8gig card to the 16gig one), would that work? About 95% of all my downloaded apps are on the SD card and im curious if doing that would break those apps?
That's fine. All that matters is the path, not the partition size.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
There is at least one more release on the way, however he is busy with school at the moment so further releases will be indefinitely delayed.

Kroot

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I flashed my ROM with a increase of internal storage. I did a titanium backup. Then reboot into customer recovery. Do a nand backup. Wipe all data. Then copied my sdcard to my computer. then wiped it. put sdcard backin. reboot into recovery. flash the ROM and reboot. Takes a few min to boot. Then copy your titanium backup folder back to the sdcard. Download titanium backup from the market. Then do a restore.

I had to flash mine twice.

I did something akin to this, and regained my "lost" 25 Mgbtes...

confuzion

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know how to revert back to this rom from aospCMod rom? I'm using the ClockworkMod Recovery and I get an error when trying to flash this rom. It says:

Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported....and a bunch of other stuff..

Do I have to change my clockwork recovery back to the nandroid custom recovery?

jroofad

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
u need to reload an older custom recovery.

I did the same exact thing you are trying to do.

Since your rooted, just grab thunder's recovery img and load it with abd.

Then grab this stock rom.

All the ginger roms were sweet but i wanted proper tether from o.g stock back.

Anyone know how to revert back to this rom from aospCMod rom? I'm using the ClockworkMod Recovery and I get an error when trying to flash this rom. It says:

Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported....and a bunch of other stuff..

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Zefie's CWMA Virgin Edition recovery works with Stock + Xionia, Rodimus, Zefie's CM7, and aospCMOD (it will even handle most of your old nandbackups). You can flash back and forth to your hearts content, just be sure to wipe everything each time.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/optimus-v/61431-xionia-goodies-optimus-v-edition.html

r00t

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to apply the security updates that patches the recent root kit exploit, or does that disable rooting for this phone entirely?

digitaljeannie

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
A more experienced user without root must capture the update and then a dev must modify the update for root and then upload it so we can flash the zip, otherwise it will screw up the phone. This is why OTA updates whould be disabled in root ROMs.

Anyone without root care to get with a dev and volunteer?

Nit3H8wk

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Battery issue

Since downgrading from aospcmod cm7 to this rom i am having trouble charging my battery. It seems to get stuck around 50%. Should i do a full wipe and reflash or is there an app i need to re-calibrate the battery?

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Since downgrading from aospcmod cm7 to this rom i am having trouble charging my battery. It seems to get stuck around 50%. Should i do a full wipe and reflash or is there an app i need to re-calibrate the battery?

Try wiping everything, data, cache, dalvik, mounts> system, boot, cache
Then flash rom, charge to full, reboot into recovery, wipe battery stats. Reboot, use phone normally till it auto shuts off on its own, charge to full and it should be good. If it still gets stuck, than you have a faulty battery.

Helgaiden

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
A more experienced user without root must capture the update and then a dev must modify the update for root and then upload it so we can flash the zip, otherwise it will screw up the phone. This is why OTA updates whould be disabled in root ROMs.

Anyone without root care to get with a dev and volunteer?

A patch was released that we can flash from recovery. Its in this forum just look for it.

Nit3H8wk

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I have been charging the battery since like 9 am this morning and it's finally made it's way up to a 76% charge and still charging. I am thinking i just did not cycle the battery correctly since i got the phone a few weeks ago.

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have been charging the battery since like 9 am this morning and it's finally made it's way up to a 76% charge and still charging. I am thinking i just did not cycle the battery correctly since i got the phone a few weeks ago.

Usually its like 2 hrs per 50%

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.