ARCHIVED: [ROM] Stock Virgin Mobile + Xionia Kernel (BETA 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdxben

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had that problem, did you wipe after installing?
I wiped cache , data, and dalvik cache before and after wiping.
One other bug I think I have found is I am not able to sync my facebook acct on my phone, just the google acct. Does anyone else have this problem?

Helgaiden

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Overclocked to 806, seems stable so far.

Linpack upped to 9.516.
Quadrant: 560

update: several hours later and after playing Angry Birds for an hour, phone is still stable and rock solid. Im considering OCing higher but would i really see a benefit after this? I went from stock and immediately put the slider on SetCPU to 806 and it was fine. Either i got a good one or i got lucky? lol. Not sure if i should press that luck, but 806 seems like a good spot to me.

Last edited:

Irkillcactuar

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
One issue I have been having recently (not sure whats causing it) is my SD card will randomly disappear. I can either restart the phone or I can unmount/remount the card in the settings (does not always work.)

I'm still using the stock 2gig card atm, so I'm going to try and switching it with a newer 16 gig one and see if the issue goes away.

Anybody else have similar issues?

itsnotadam

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Any help please!? Im tired of that stock virgin ROM with all that bloatware slowing my phone down D:

I tried again and it keeps saying that file isnt signed, or whatever.

jmel

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
linpack gives me 9.263 and a time of 8.95 seconds

I am OC'ed at 787, because 806 caused reboots. Overall, seems faster, although I still think there are issues present with touch screen. Angry birds will still lag a lot on some levels...

Other than that, I have ZERO issues. No sd card issues, no wifi issues, nothing else. I used y5 battery saver, and in conjunction with sipdroid for my calls, I am getting 2% battery usage per hour with moderate use (no games, just gmail push email and web surfing every hour or two.

If you follow the instructions here, you should have zero problems. Don't over clock too much, because much like a pc, if the specific hardware you have in your phone can't handle it, you'll have problems.

There is a reason that these run at 600 mhz, and that reason is because they aren't made to run over that. Anything you are getting over 600 is gravy and you should be thankful for it.

I should also note that I have some power profiles set up in setcpu, including one that when the screen is off, I drop to 245 mhz. I have only had one time that it got unresponsive when trying to turn it on (waking from sleep). So far, it's great. Here is a link to the settings I use:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=635002&posted=1#post635002

I'm looking forward to seeing 2.3 soon, and really appreciate the work that you guys have done.

Cheers

EDIT: also, has anyone else noticed this issue: http://forum.androidcentral.com/optimus-v/57943-excessive-battery-drain-even-standby.html

When I check, it shows 50% for me as well. When I do the 'fix' that number starts to decrease with every minute that goes by.

Is this something that can be addressed in a rom or kernel?

EDIT 2: Trying this seems to have helped!

http://forum.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=635035

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
One issue I have been having recently (not sure whats causing it) is my SD card will randomly disappear. I can either restart the phone or I can unmount/remount the card in the settings (does not always work.)

I'm still using the stock 2gig card atm, so I'm going to try and switching it with a newer 16 gig one and see if the issue goes away.

Anybody else have similar issues?

Always try to partition and format cards with the item they will be used in. This is especially important on the Optimus as they seem to have more issues with this than most.

Back it up on your computer, then use disk administrator to delete the partitions on it. Put it in the phone and it will offer to partition and format it for you. Then put everything back on it from your computer.

If you still have problems, your card may be bad.

Elmdor

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I have installed the everything as I should and everything is fine. I want to try the new AOSP 2.3 mod over at XDA, it looks like it requires a different recovery to install. Can I return to Xionia if I install the other recovery or will I need to change the recovery each time I want to change the ROM?

Helgaiden

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
So i overclocked the phone last night as i mentioned in my previous post. When the phone was at 0% i plugged it in to charge via USB port from my computer and went to sleep. 8 hours later i got up, and an hour after that i unplugged the phone (9hrs total charging). It only got to 30% huh? usually this fully charges it.

So i plugged it into a wall charger for a few more hours to get it to charge faster. For at least an hour and a half i was listening to pandora while it was charging. Barely got anywhere, i think 54%. I came inside and plugged it into a wall charger for another hour then it got to around 70ish%. Left to go buy some stuff for an hour and left the phone on the car charger during that time (yes, it was still charging) and i come back and only 77% now?! Whats going on? This phone doesnt want to charge now!

Jmel, im gonna try your profiles you set on SetCPU. They sound good to me and im also going to try y5 battery saver. Lets see how battery life goes...assuming i figure out this charging bug. I have the nagging feeling it was clocking up to 806 while charging (also had GPS on for some reason) and im hoping this wasnt negating the charge it was receiving.

update: appears to still be charging painfully slow.

Last edited:

RevolutionRed

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have installed the everything as I should and everything is fine. I want to try the new AOSP 2.3 mod over at XDA, it looks like it requires a different recovery to install. Can I return to Xionia if I install the other recovery or will I need to change the recovery each time I want to change the ROM?

You should be able to return to this rom. If not, you can for sure return to the Xionia kernel, since it can be installed independently of this particular rom. It also powesr nRom for example.

RevolutionRed

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
So i overclocked the phone last night as i mentioned in my previous post. When the phone was at 0% i plugged it in to charge via USB port from my computer and went to sleep. 8 hours later i got up, and an hour after that i unplugged the phone (9hrs total charging). It only got to 30% huh? usually this fully charges it.

So i plugged it into a wall charger for a few more hours to get it to charge faster. For at least an hour and a half i was listening to pandora while it was charging. Barely got anywhere, i think 54%. I came inside and plugged it into a wall charger for another hour then it got to around 70ish%. Left to go buy some stuff for an hour and left the phone on the car charger during that time (yes, it was still charging) and i come back and only 77% now?! Whats going on? This phone doesnt want to charge now!

Jmel, im gonna try your profiles you set on SetCPU. They sound good to me and im also going to try y5 battery saver. Lets see how battery life goes...assuming i figure out this charging bug. I have the nagging feeling it was clocking up to 806 while charging (also had GPS on for some reason) and im hoping this wasnt negating the charge it was receiving.

This also happened on my wife's phone, which is a V but it doesn't have this rom installed. She rebooted and the problem went away. A couple of other people have reported this problem, and I've tried to replicate it and figure out what's going on, but so far it appears random. If I find a way to fix it, I'll try to roll it into the rom, but as of right now, the cause is unknown (to me, maybe someone else has figured it out).

mikeladue

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Does it do the same thing with the stock recovery and ROM? (sorry if I missed that detail previously)

Also, what if you power off and charge it? . . . maybe as a test, do that and turn it on every hour or so to check on the battery level, then power it off again to continue charging.

That way, you'd know whether you have a hardware problem with the phone itself.

Helgaiden

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
ill try powering off to charge and rebooting it and stuff, thanks for the help. As far as i know it didnt do this in stock form...but i only had it in stock form for about 20 mins after i activated it lol.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Make a nandroid backup
Change the recovery system
Then create another nandroid backup.

Old nandroid backups will work with the new recovery, however they are in a different location. You won't know what that location is, unless you make a new one. Once you know where it is, you can place all of your old backups there as well, if you want.

Once done you can flip back and forth easily between any rom or backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.