ARCHIVED: [ROM] Stock Virgin Mobile + Xionia Kernel (BETA 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevetxbc

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
It means you are using the wrong recovery for this rom. Install and use this one instead: http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...covery-xionia-clockwork-cwma-v1-2518-6-a.html

If you need help installing a recovery, use this: http://forum.androidcentral.com/opt...3-1-ex-recoveryflasher-tons-new-features.html

I'm having trouble getting romtools to do anything, do you have a certain procedure that is easy to follow? also, in some folders in the extracted folder, there are fake files that say "placeholder" do i need to replace these with anything?

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm having trouble getting romtools to do anything, do you have a certain procedure that is easy to follow? also, in some folders in the extracted folder, there are fake files that say "placeholder" do i need to replace these with anything?

You need to put your phone into debug mode. Settings->Applications->Development. Make sure you installed the drivers for your phone. Get the drivers from the rooting tutorial at the top of this forum. Then plug in your phone to your PC using the USB cable. Run ROMTools.exe and you are good to go.

stevetxbc

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
You need to put your phone into debug mode. Settings->Applications->Development. Make sure you installed the drivers for your phone. Get the drivers from the rooting tutorial at the top of this forum. Then plug in your phone to your PC using the USB cable. Run ROMTools.exe and you are good to go.

Thanks for all your help, your quick replies have been great. However adb for the win :D. romtools was confusing me, yes I have all the proper drivers, this is not the first custom rom/recovery I have flashed. I mainly needed a link to the recovery I needed, which you provided and for that I thank you.

Syntax357

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
One more time I can't plug in usb in debug after I installed this rom. I can get to the sdcard after I plug it in but can't use debug any ideal

TekOne

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Let me make correct, do i need to root it first or i can flash to this rom from stock? Is it easy to flash back to stock rom incase? My phone is activated. All i want to have more feature like o/c and keep away from battery drain.

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
The phone will be ROOTED after you flash to the new ROM. It is included in the ROM already. You just need to flash it.

You will flash your recovery menu then your ROM.

TeckOne you first run romtools to flash your recovery program on your phone, that's when you press "Home-volume down-power" but FIRST you need to look at the ROMtools folder on your computer, check that there is an image file called "recovery" it should be "vrecovery" if you have an Optimus V phone. Make sure to rename it to "vrecovery". (do not connect the phone to computer yet) After that, run ROMtools and on the cmd menu screen run option 2 "Flash recovery to phone" then option 1 if your phone is a "V". After that press option 1 and install the drivers. There will be 3 so just wait until its done. After the drivers install connect the phone to the computer until it is recognized, then the ROOT program "Superoneclick" will start, press SHELL ROOT then wait for confirmation. After it finished and you keep pressing any key it will reboot the phone into the NEW recovery screen that will allow you to flash ROM/recover/backup and many other things from and to your SD card.

(Just remember about the image file in the ROMtools folder and make sure it says "vrecovery" I guess it's if you have a Optimus V, donno all I know is that it would not work for me if I didn't.)
Hope that helps,

Last edited:
Reactions: SM0k3

mysticalnyte

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
A big thanks to zefie for the Xionia kernel and RevolutionRed for this rom. No issues as of yet (one day of useage). Install went pretty smooth for a first timer.

Linpack scores:
Oc'ed to 844.8

MFLOPS: 10.163
Time: 8.25
Norm Res: 5.68
Precision: 2.220

SM0k3

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
The phone will be ROOTED after you flash to the new ROM. It is included in the ROM already. You just need to flash it.

You will flash your recovery menu then your ROM.

TeckOne you first run romtools to flash your recovery program on your phone, that's when you press "Home-volume down-power" but FIRST you need to look at the ROMtools folder on your computer, check that there is an image file called "recovery" it should be "vrecovery" if you have an Optimus V phone. Make sure to rename it to "vrecovery". (do not connect the phone to computer yet) After that, run ROMtools and on the cmd menu screen run option 2 "Flash recovery to phone" then option 1 if your phone is a "V". After that press option 1 and install the drivers. There will be 3 so just wait until its done. After the drivers install connect the phone to the computer until it is recognized, then the ROOT program "Superoneclick" will start, press SHELL ROOT then wait for confirmation. After it finished and you keep pressing any key it will reboot the phone into the NEW recovery screen that will allow you to flash ROM/recover/backup and many other things from and to your SD card.

(Just remember about the image file in the ROMtools folder and make sure it says "vrecovery" I guess it's if you have a Optimus V, donno all I know is that it would not work for me if I didn't.)
Hope that helps,

I was having trouble getting the custom recovery screen to flash but your post helped me out now I am sucessfully custom rom'ed. Thanks :)

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've got the rom flashed and I'm enjoying the speed boost, but now I don't seem to be able to receive any text messages. I can send just fine. I'm using GoSMS, but the problem continues whether I use Go, or stock Messaging. Any ideas where I should start my trouble shooting?

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I think I have my texting issue fixed. I had rebooted the phone four or five times, but it didn't seem to help. Then I dropped it (by accident) and the battery popped out. After I put it back together it started receiving again. So the mojo seems to be to throw it to the ground. Hey, as long as it works....

By the way, thank you for a fabulous rom!

unkuser

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I flashed this rom on top of the stock rom and everything seems to be working fine. Except screen scrolling seems to be slower than the stock. I have to increase the CPU scaling to 700+ to make it snappier than default.

The reason why I wanted to flash another ROM was support for ext3 or ext4. I remember there was an zip file update for clockwork to enable moving data to SD. Anybody have the link for that??

Hardly install any apps, but only have 30MB free. :-(

antipasta

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
i had this same issue, and found that switching the cpu governor in setcpu to 'ondemand' instead of 'interactive' helped.

-joey

I flashed this rom on top of the stock rom and everything seems to be working fine. Except screen scrolling seems to be slower than the stock. I have to increase the CPU scaling to 700+ to make it snappier than default.

The reason why I wanted to flash another ROM was support for ext3 or ext4. I remember there was an zip file update for clockwork to enable moving data to SD. Anybody have the link for that??

spikey911

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I flashed this rom on top of the stock rom and everything seems to be working fine.

Thats funny because as soon as I flashed the rom and booted up, I also was completely out of space.
You would think that the removal of the bloat would have increased space.

I am also getting random reboots. The phone sits in sleep mode, but for some reason it partially wakes up by itself (screen pops up dim), then after about a minute it reboots.

xabbott

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Thats funny because as soon as I flashed the rom and booted up, I also was completely out of space.
You would think that the removal of the bloat would have increased space.

I am also getting random reboots. The phone sits in sleep mode, but for some reason it partially wakes up by itself (screen pops up dim), then after about a minute it reboots.

This happened to me when I first installed the ROM over stock. Wiping then installing created a lot more free space.

Now if only I could figure out how to stop my Optimus V from unmounting the SD card. Happens on this ROM, Stock, and Rodimus.

Status
Not open for further replies.